Shin Splints

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Crimz, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Crimz

Crimz Regular Member

students
    Do you guys get Shin Splints? I'm starting to get this recently man. Everytime after doing court drills my coach would ask me to run around the hall and I would feel the pressure acting on my shin causing it to feel painful when I'm running. Sometimes while landing from jumps i can feel the pressure too! Sometimes I go to the stadium and run on the track and while doing so I can feel the pain too.

Is this normal for badminton players and do anyone know how to cure it?

2. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    I have shin splints too and there's no easy way to cure it other than getting plenty of rest from intense high impact sports. From what i gather, working out the tibialis muscle helps. Here's a example of how i do it.

[video=youtube;BxvJ6Uk0eOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxvJ6Uk0eOM[/video]

#2 kennee, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  3. shubhanan

shubhanan Regular Member

Graduate Student
    I can say I have recovered from heavy, grave shin splints (couldn't walk :( )....
    the key for me was, icing where it pains, strengthening the regular calves, stretching the calves (important), strenghthening lateral muscles around tibia/fibula, and the above exercise. All of these strengthening exercies an be done using a resistance band to start with.

I can point you to videos that helped me, if you would want.

Good luck!

Shubhanan

4. Fu-Tu

Fu-Tu Regular Member

If you don't mind, I would like to see some video's you mention. (I have problems with shin splints as well)

Thank a lot!