User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 175
  1. #154
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    wow...MB/CM dismantle MHC/TWK this time???
    The weather is too cold up there in Copenhagen... blame on the climate change... BOLEH?

  2. #155
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Analysis !!!

    My analysis based on Daren Liew's game in this tournament :

    Most of his errors are hitting the shuttle at the net and his jump smashes are not consistent.Why does someone keep hitting shuttles at the net?.......Simple--> lethargy, tiredness, lack of fitness, lack of concentration and lack of mental strength.
    My conclusion is Daren needs to work on his stamina, fitness and ability to handle pressure.Either Daren is not training to the maximum or the coaches are not pushing him to his limits in training.
    I saw the article where Lee Chong Wei stated that even with the Great Tang Hsien Hu coaching the Malaysian singles players, it will not bring much change unless the singles players are willing to take the initiative to train harder and push themselves. Chong Wei followed by saying Rashid, Misbun and Hendrawan can only do so much but the rest is up to the player's initiative.Well, I reckon both players and coaches have their part to play.Players must be willing to work harder and push themselves in training and in competitions and coaches have to also push the players and not be lenient with them.I am just afraid the malaysian coaches tend to babysit and spoil the players in training.
    I am very sure this sort of problem does not happen in China.The players are so disciplined.Waking up early to reach training 30 mins before warmup and having the mentality to strive to become better.China players are very detailed in their preparations in training and before competition which is synonymous with the Great Jose Mourinho.
    My suggestion if these group of backup shuttlers( Daren Liew,Tan Chun Seang, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arid Abdul Latif) don't come through by the time Lee Chong Wei retires in 2 years time from now, I hope Misbun,Rashid and Hendrawan will place more emphasis on the juniors who are around 17.18.19 and 20 years old.( Iskandar Zulkarnain, Mohd Syawal Ismail, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Misbun Ramdan.
    Out of the backup shuttlers, I rate Tan Chun Seang highly based on his performance before he was seriously injured and if not mistaken needed to go for surgery, if not because of the serious injury he suffered at one of the super series tourney this year, he was progressing quite well and creating upsets.Unfortunately he needs time to get back that form. From the junior squad, I rate Iskandar Zulkarnain who is 19 years old and currently under training with Hendrawan.He was the 2008 or 2009 world junior championships men singles runnnerup.He lost to Huang Yu xiang of china in the final.
    Comments and replies are welcomed.

  3. #156
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Traditionally? It (still) is an invitational tournament and indeed only the events where they can compete with the best are played ... A couple of interesting articles in the danish newspapers about the history, still have to read thoroughly. Maybe can post it tomorrow ...
    I think the rise of the Super Series has killed the strong participation there used to be as it is just about the only rest period in the schedule.
    Why they didn't invite chinese players or LCW? It would be more interesting though

  4. #157
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I'll be blunt. (Very disappointed)
    Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong didn't even stand a chance to give a fight today. They got thrashed. Off to sleep.
    How's their performance in that match? I didn't even show sign of interested to watch that match tough. Well, i think the final scores says it all though?

  5. #158
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    My analysis based on Daren Liew's game in this tournament :

    Most of his errors are hitting the shuttle at the net and his jump smashes are not consistent.Why does someone keep hitting shuttles at the net?.......Simple--> lethargy, tiredness, lack of fitness, lack of concentration and lack of mental strength.
    My conclusion is Daren needs to work on his stamina, fitness and ability to handle pressure.Either Daren is not training to the maximum or the coaches are not pushing him to his limits in training.
    I saw the article where Lee Chong Wei stated that even with the Great Tang Hsien Hu coaching the Malaysian singles players, it will not bring much change unless the singles players are willing to take the initiative to train harder and push themselves. Chong Wei followed by saying Rashid, Misbun and Hendrawan can only do so much but the rest is up to the player's initiative.Well, I reckon both players and coaches have their part to play.Players must be willing to work harder and push themselves in training and in competitions and coaches have to also push the players and not be lenient with them.I am just afraid the malaysian coaches tend to babysit and spoil the players in training.
    I am very sure this sort of problem does not happen in China.The players are so disciplined.Waking up early to reach training 30 mins before warmup and having the mentality to strive to become better.China players are very detailed in their preparations in training and before competition which is synonymous with the Great Jose Mourinho.
    My suggestion if these group of backup shuttlers( Daren Liew,Tan Chun Seang, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arid Abdul Latif) don't come through by the time Lee Chong Wei retires in 2 years time from now, I hope Misbun,Rashid and Hendrawan will place more emphasis on the juniors who are around 17.18.19 and 20 years old.( Iskandar Zulkarnain, Mohd Syawal Ismail, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Misbun Ramdan.
    Out of the backup shuttlers, I rate Tan Chun Seang highly based on his performance before he was seriously injured and if not mistaken needed to go for surgery, if not because of the serious injury he suffered at one of the super series tourney this year, he was progressing quite well and creating upsets.Unfortunately he needs time to get back that form. From the junior squad, I rate Iskandar Zulkarnain who is 19 years old and currently under training with Hendrawan.He was the 2008 or 2009 world junior championships men singles runnnerup.He lost to Huang Yu xiang of china in the final.
    Comments and replies are welcomed.

    Most of these elite backup shuttlers are around 23, 24 or 25 years of age.By the time LCW retires, they will be around 25.26.27 years of age. If they do not show any results by then, I am very sad to say that BAM has to seriously consider allowing them to leave and end their careers in international competitions. I think our junior team has brighter prospects as that group are in their late teens and under Hendrawan who is reknowned for his fitness, stamina and mental strength in his prime should be ablet o drill a better foundation into them.I still feel we need a coach from China as this gives our coaches the opportunity to use different training methods and systems whereby the chinese coaches seems to do so well.

  6. #159
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    Most of these elite backup shuttlers are around 23, 24 or 25 years of age.By the time LCW retires, they will be around 25.26.27 years of age. If they do not show any results by then, I am very sad to say that BAM has to seriously consider allowing them to leave and end their careers in international competitions. I think our junior team has brighter prospects as that group are in their late teens and under Hendrawan who is reknowned for his fitness, stamina and mental strength in his prime should be ablet o drill a better foundation into them.I still feel we need a coach from China as this gives our coaches the opportunity to use different training methods and systems whereby the chinese coaches seems to do so well.
    i would agree with most of what you have analysed

    but i am rather lost at some point

    as you mentioned hendrawan is known for his fitness, stamina and mental strength,

    you still feel there is a need to bring in a china coach.

    would you or can you share with us what you know of these new training methods

    and system from china?

  7. #160
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i would agree with most of what you have analysed

    but i am rather lost at some point

    as you mentioned hendrawan is known for his fitness, stamina and mental strength,

    you still feel there is a need to bring in a china coach.

    would you or can you share with us what you know of these new training methods

    and system from china?

    I feel there is a need because of the past record we had with China coaches.Look at all the great singles players we had in the past for example, Misbun, Rashid, Wong Choon Hann and Lee Chong Wei just to name a few, they were all coached by chinese coaches like Fang Kaixiang, Han Jian, Zhou Kejian, Li Mao and not to mention even the junior batch from Bukit Jalil plus Iskandar Zulkarnain when he was runner-up at the World Junior Championships were coached by Sun Chenhua from China.The record speaks for itself.
    The problem is I don't even know why the BAM is not even willing to give it a try.

    Regarding your question of systems and training methods, it could mean junior development programmes, analysis of matches, sports science and fitness levels.Hendrawan himself was coached by Tang XienHu just before Tang left Indonesia for China. Even Dionysius is coached by the Great FangkaiXiang. Either the BAM are scared or terrified by the chinese training methods or they cannot face up to the tough regimented training of China.

    One reminder, in terms of badminton we are considered like England in football. Meaning we are not like countries like Argentina or Brazil, where badminton is still growing.We have the talent and infrastructure in place, so why are we lacking behind other countries especially China, South Korea, Japan and I hate saying it but Thailand and India as well in terms of singles.That means we are lacking something in our badminton system and I have a strong feeling its because of the BAM's attitude of disregarding the competence of China coaches.We don't need 10 years to play catchup.If we have the right system in place from junior to senior, it would need maybe 3-4 years max to get it right with the proper coaching setup.(Hope whoever is reading this especially someone from the Malaysian coaching panel will take thiss piece of advice seriously)

  8. #161
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i would agree with most of what you have analysed

    but i am rather lost at some point

    as you mentioned hendrawan is known for his fitness, stamina and mental strength,

    you still feel there is a need to bring in a china coach.

    would you or can you share with us what you know of these new training methods

    and system from china?

    No disrespect to Misbun, Rashid and Hendrawan, obviously they are trying their best and probably the results would only be seen by 2012. But having some input from China coaches is not going to do any harm.If I were the BAM, a good start will be trying to get Lin Dan on a 5 year contract to come to Malaysia with his wife Xie XingFang as coaches.That would really be a coup if that happens since I think Lin Dan will be part of the coaching setup in China.If you analyze all the Chinese greats, they are involved in one way or another in assisting the China state and national badminton coaching system by passing on their knowledge and skills to the juniors.Even Zhao JianHua is coaching and if you look at his technique in smashing or jump smashes its the same technique as Lin Dan.I called it the whip system if you know what I mean.

  9. #162
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    No disrespect to Misbun, Rashid and Hendrawan, obviously they are trying their best and probably the results would only be seen by 2012. But having some input from China coaches is not going to do any harm.If I were the BAM, a good start will be trying to get Lin Dan on a 5 year contract to come to Malaysia with his wife Xie XingFang as coaches.That would really be a coup if that happens since I think Lin Dan will be part of the coaching setup in China.If you analyze all the Chinese greats, they are involved in one way or another in assisting the China state and national badminton coaching system by passing on their knowledge and skills to the juniors.Even Zhao JianHua is coaching and if you look at his technique in smashing or jump smashes its the same technique as Lin Dan.I called it the whip system if you know what I mean.
    ok, thats your opinion, i respect that and i have no comment

    anyway we are off topic in this thread

    we shouldn't continue

  10. #163
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    Most of these elite backup shuttlers are around 23, 24 or 25 years of age.By the time LCW retires, they will be around 25.26.27 years of age. .
    THey are 22(CKB), 23(Daren, CWF), 24(TCS). Arif is 21.

    Quote Originally Posted by oonyz View Post
    No disrespect to Misbun, Rashid and Hendrawan, obviously they are trying their best and probably the results would only be seen by 2012. But having some input from China coaches is not going to do any harm.......
    All that you have said is well & good, the thing is, 1) China coaches still want to come? Remember Li Mao case? After that, personally I dont think any coaches from China will come, for BJSS yes, for national team, no. So, it's not BAM dont want China coaches since they just got 1 to replace Sun CH, maybe they dont want to come.

    2) BAM have the funds since they have already spent a lot getting Hendrawan? Even Hendrawan's salary is supposed paid by 3rd party.

    Thanks for the interesting long posts, we can continue in Msia Prof Players threads
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-29-2010 at 04:18 AM.

  11. #164
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    THey are 22(CKB), 23(Daren, CWF), 24(TCS). Arif is 21.
    he is correct in 3 days time accept arif

  12. #165
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A quick snapshot of the "unique"(?) Yonex shirts worn. Also saw it in yellow worn by HKV; but I guess you Astro viewers already saw it ...

    Reminded me of ...

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-29-2010 at 05:00 AM.

  13. #166
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Tine withdraws from final due to illness

    Tine Baun will not be playing today's final at Copenhagen Masters. The Danish star is suffering from stomach illness and fever.

    - Monday afternoon, Tine Baun qualified for the final in Copenhagen Masters but she will not be able to play today due to illness.

    The past days Tine has been suffering from a stomach illness and a fever causing her to be dizzy and unable to play.

    That means, that she will not be able to defend her title from last year, and that her opponent in today's match Salajkit Ponsana is the winner of Copenhagen Masters 2010.

    -Tine is of course very sad that she will not be able to play. She was looking forward to giving everyone a good badminton experience, but when she is feeling this bad, she needs to look after herself and I fully support her decision, national coach Claus Poulsen says.

    At 6 p.m., when the ladies' singles final should have been played, the award Player of the Year 2010 will be presented and furthermore the prize ceremony, where Salajkit Ponsana will receive her prize, will be held.

    After that the rest of the finals will be played according to plan.

    http://www.badmintondenmark.com/en/N...20illness.aspx

  14. #167
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,702
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks demolidor for the updated news, disappointment for homeground fans as Tine walkover.
    Peter Gade won convincingly over Boonsak Ponsana last night.
    Boe/Mogensen failed once again to grab MD title, lost to Jonas Rasmussen/Mads Conrad-Petersen. Last year, Boe/Mogensen also stopped by Jonas Rasmussen paired with his previous partner Lars Paaske.

  15. #168
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DEN will probably rely on Jonas Rasmussen/Mads Conrad-Petersen to go up the rankings table quickly and hopefully also qualify for London 2012.

    Meanwhile, Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen should secure a spot. The same will probably go to the increasingly dangerous Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen.

  16. #169
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to Peter Gade, he has slowly picked up form and despite losing to Boonsak twice this year he managed to take revenge and defeated Boonsak easily after the slight resistance in the match against Liew Daren initially.

  17. #170
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    A quick snapshot of the "unique"(?) Yonex shirts worn. Also saw it in yellow worn by HKV; but I guess you Astro viewers already saw it ...

    Reminded me of ...

    Now i know more about that shirt!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hongkong Super Series 2010 Day 2 (8 December 2010)
    By miksss in forum China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010
    Replies: 347
    : 12-09-2010, 01:16 AM
  2. Hongkong Super Series 2010 Day 1 (7 December 2010)
    By miksss in forum China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010
    Replies: 74
    : 12-07-2010, 07:02 AM
  3. 2010 CHINA OPEN SUPER SERIES, SEMI FINAL, December, 4th, 2010
    By Ajaib in forum China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010
    Replies: 406
    : 12-06-2010, 08:37 AM
  4. 2010 CHINA OPEN SUPER SERIES, FINAL, December, 5th, 2010
    By mr.bulutangkis in forum China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010
    Replies: 196
    : 12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
  5. HK Open Ticket on 12 December 2010
    By eguitarcoolboy in forum 2010 Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    : 11-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •