congrats kido/hendrawan OG/AG double double gold medalist

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by pralinescream, Nov 20, 2010.

1. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

before de start of de tournament, nobody gave u any chance to win de gold and out of nowhere, the mighty twin garudas rise again to swoop and tear apart the boleh mouse-deers.
    de match is yet another demonstration of ur mental superiority where u did not buckle under pressure at de crucial moment.

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Congratz...good job.....

3. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    you make me proud as indonesian

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I wrote this after they won the Beijing Olympics GOLD. Let's see how many of those titles they have won:

With an impending rest after the Olympics, they should return back to action in the Japan (Sep 16-21) and China Masters Super Series (Sep 23-28). Considering their excellent form in China, I think we can probably expect a good challenge there. The Japan Open title will also be a good addition to their list of triumphs.

Then, they will fly off to Europe and compete in the Denmark (Oct 21-26) and French Super Series (Sep 28-Nov 02). INA pairs traditionally do not do well in Europe, so, even going into the Final of these events will be considered a good achievements. Of course, a title will be very much welcomed.

<NEW POST> They won the China Masters, Denmark and French SS in 2008.

The last 2 Opens of the year will be their favorite hunting-grounds, China (18-23 Nov) and Hong Kong Super Series (25-30 Nov). It's almost surreal to think that they have a 20-0 record in these 2 events for the past 2 years :eek: So, expect at least 1 more title here.

<NEW POST> Turning point....Kido got injured and that affected their performance since then :(

No doubt, the biggest events will be the All-England and the Sudirman Cup Mixed Team Championships. With the recent resurgence of INA WS and WD players, INA should have a fighting chance of winning back the Sudirman Cup (with strong challenges from CHN and KOR as usual).

The World Championships will also return after a 2 years absence (due to the Olympics), however, I think I would prefer another INA pair to win it this time round (Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki perhaps?)

Winning a couple of Super Series titles that they never won before should also be their priorities, like: Korea, Singapore, Japan, and China Masters (if they still couldn't win it this year); plus the few SS in Europes.

<NEW POST> They missed most of the important tourneys in 2009. The only notable title is the Japan SS and French SS titles and reaching the Final of the Singapore SS.

The 2 big events will be the Asian Games (Team & Individual) as well as the Thomas Cup. Since Asian Games will be held in Guangzhou (the place where they won 2 China Open titles), it bodes well for their prospect here! Thomas Cup will be a long-shot, but, if there are other Singles and Doubles players rising up within the next 2 years, who knows.....

<NEW POST> After an almost barren year with only the Malaysian GPG title to show for, they came back in style and won the Asian Games GOLD!

#4 badMania, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Congrats to MK/HS.

The different between these two pairs - ability to handle pressure when crucial time. Not more than that.

6. aaron goh

aaron goh Regular Member

Hey don't forget the coach behind them , but anyway I love the few drop shot by the Champion team...

7. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

and that's really one of important factors for being a champions...in any field not only sport...

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Congrates kido/hendra....Proud of you :)

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

True. Btw today hendra is not as sharp as usual? Feel it?

10. maknyos

maknyos Regular Member

student
    one again congrats, I'm so happy Today

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

The tittle should be typo..hehe...
    It should be Hendra Setiawan not Hendrawan.
    Hendrawan now is coaching MAS back up. :rolleyes:

12. kittymimi

kittymimi Regular Member

It's a nice day. For Kindra finally realize their dream.

13. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

i couldnt feel it, bcoz couldnt see the match...:(...

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sharp and accurate
    haha

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

congrats to this pair from indonesia.:)

Their mental is really steady at the crucial stage of the match, and not forgetting some brilliant play from Hendra setiawan especially at the front of the net..

16. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Usually Kido makes a lot of mistakes, but tonight Hendra did a lot of mistake :(

Very interesting game, especially in second set

17. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Yeah, Kido was in charge tonight....but strange to see him floored his racket in second set in act of desperation.....
    But that was it....after that they won phycological battle in 3rd set....Koo/Tan seemed mentally exhausted...
    Anyway, congratz for Ina pair and also Mas pair who made my heart stop few times at that game.....:p

18. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student

which means kkk/tbh dont have what it takes to be champions like kido/hendra

19. victor16

victor16 Regular Member

does anybody now, where i have to download this final video....i miss the game... :(
    but congrattulatioan to kido and hendra... :cool::cool:

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I aaammm soooo haaapppyyyyyy!!!! :D :D :D I was not able to watch the epic match on TV live... :p But my friends updated me through my Hp blow-by-blow! The up and downs were so heart stopping... KKK-TBH deserve to be ranked #1 in the world. But today is INA's daaayyyy! ;) Tomorrow, I will support LCW as part of ASEAN brotherhood...

Hau-ge (huangkwokhau) was also ecstatic... he partied all night in Pataya (Thailand) in honor of Kido-Hendra! :p