1 Thread(s)

As I said before:
    Yeah, whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    there is no point to compare skills, speed, power between players from different era.
    the measure of greatness is how much the player dominates his/her opponents and how many major titles which were won.
    come to think of it, datuk is not even in the league of one of the greats, his single AE win pales in comparison to achievements of rashid sidek, tan aik huang, eddy choong etc.
    no matter how many times he win super singles series or inconsequential tournaments, the only thing added is prize and sponsorship money. in terms of badminton achievement, datuk is juz mid-table.
    refer to your post above.

your first two paragraphs contradict the rest of your statement,

let me point out what you just wrote,

first you suggest don't compare players of different era

then you start compare lcw and rashid .....

next, you claim measure of greatness is by major won

then you doubt lcw's ae win...

if i were to agree to disagree with you

at least i need to know what is it that is different from my opinion

but here i just don't know what you are writing beside english. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Last time I checked, AE was a SS event. Just like MAS SS, INA SS, Japan SS etc. Can anyone say that those events are not fought for by the best in the world? Or were not fought for? If CHN chooses not to send their best to say, MAS or INA Open for fear of the partisan crowd, well then, it's no different at the China Open either!

So under these circumstances, to have won so many SS titles (often with the best CHN competition around) is no small achievement, by any standard. Yes, there will always be people around to belittle a player and his achievements, and to that I say, "yeah, whatever."

Rashid was a great player, no doubt, but he didn't bring the Thomas Cup home single-handed. MAS had some really good players doing their thing in 1992; remember, they also knocked out China in the semis at that time. It was a team effort. A really good team effort.

LCW has achieved everything he has, often despite the system, and with the singular handicap of not having a strong MAS singles contingent to back him up anywhere at all. He has succeeded in maintaining his high standards for such a long time despite all the bitching and squabbling. He has taken his overworked body week after week for years, all over the globe, representing his country at the highest levels of the game with great dignity and great success. He deserves respect. He deserves our applause. He deserves our thanks. He has made this game worth watching.

Like Ivan Lendl, a tennis giant and legend of his time was once described, you sure can use the same words to describe Lee Chong Wei as "the greatest over-achiever in the history of the game."

I am not a Malaysian, but I sure recognize a great player when I see one. I would not hesitate to name LCW as a modern-day legend of the game, because he has achieved more than almost anyone else, despite the odds that have mostly always been stacked against him. This cannot be disputed. There will still be people who belittle him, but IMO, they only expose their own pettiness.
    and i sure recognize a sensible post from a real baddy fan!

i like reading your post even though i don't know who you are.lol

from your post written i can say you are quite neutral.

what say you all bc members?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

Hope that's not a bad thing!!!
    Yes, I love the game, and I respect all the players for what they bring to the game. The administration of the game in several countries may have, ummmm, something lacking at times, but the players themselves, almost without exception, I am grateful for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default YONEX BWF World Badminton Championships at Wembley Arena between 8 14 August 2011.

Less than 2 month and hopefully Datuk LCW can win it. Past history revealed that it is the Indonesian players that has become his biggest obstacles that makes this title eludes him for many attempted years.

Since Datuk LCW records against all current Indonesian players favours him and his recent few matches against his greatest enemy, Super Dan also shows a good record, he as always will be the favourite to nail this and the fact that London also has been an excellent hunting ground for him by winning the All England back to back, i am confident he can deliver. Go Datuk Go.....59 + championship days more to go before becoming a champion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except from 1978 to 2004 where I lost touch with baddy, I have long followed MAS badminton as a fan when I was in KL, not much of a player myself (I am a lousy player even today), and I have seen a lot of MAS players played this game, my favorite would be TAH. I have said LCW prolly the best MS player MAS produced IMO, being a complete player and not judged by major trophies he won. It is just that LCW era coincide with that of LD and TH, 2 of the greatest players this game has seen. Someone will come along when LD/LCW/TH retire and win them all, but it is not the winnings that interest me, more of the way these 3 fellas play the game when each of these 3 players are playing at peak form, it is so unique. It is comparing baddy to martial arts movie, it is not just a movie to see but a martial arts movie starring Bruce Lee...and you want to see it again and again...LOL
    On LCW chance of winning WC11 and OLY12, OLY is a long way away. WC11 is 2 mth away. LCW is taking timeoff, except for IO, to prepare for WC, that is smart. LCW is undoubtedly on top form, a fav to win. But I would not say LD cannot win. If you review AE11, the winner could go either way. LCW is on top form that night. LD made a a lot unforced errors, a wrong line call at 12-10 went to 17-10, and still LD narrowed the gap. LD's best weapon, that is 'anticipation of where the shuttle goes' which he showed in OLY08 was missing in AE11. LD has work to do and you can bet LYB will correct that before OLY12 comes, so which LD will show up at WC11? LYB would like to have LD be the underdog to LCW and leave all the pressure to LCW as the one to beat. If CHN can qualify 3 MS for WC11, it is not easy for LCW and the dark horse IMO is CL. The draw is very important. LCW chances in OLY is better than WC since CHN can qualify only 2 MS and not 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AE is just another SS event. The biggest events are: Olympics and Worlds, SC,TC and UC, Asian Games, then SS. The Korean Open SS is the biggest SS event as currently it more than doubles the prize money at most other SS.

LD has , what, 1 Olym, 3 worlds, 4 TC, 4SC, 1 Asian Games Indiv. and thats just the wins.

Its pointless comparing across eras but in the last decade when there have been many great and innovative players and top players from more countries than ever before he LD has domiated. If you add up the wins of every other player at the biggest events where he has competed the other players cannot match his wins.

Currently there is a transition, where as in the past there were 5 players pushing the number one currently there are just 2 clear top players. Veterans like Bao Chunlai, Taufik, Gade, are declinng, and even LD and LCW may retire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    greats are not measured by the major titles they 'could/would/should' have won.
    but i guess in boleh-land, rejoicing over getting scraps and leftovers is as good as it gets.

comparing datuk to ivan lendl made me choke on my toast this mrng.
    'modern legend' indeed, that is juz boleh-cheer.

look at mighty China and great Indonesia, so many world champions, olympic champions, all-england champs and none of them are spoken as legends except for the truly exceptional like Super Dan, Yang Yang, Zhao Jianhua, Xiong Guobao, Han Jian, Xia Xuanze, Dong Jiong, Chen Hong, Taufik Hidayat, Hariyanto Arbi, Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen, Alan Budi Kusuma, juz to name a few.

All these players are miles ahead of datuk, with the exception of Super Dan who is light years away.
    pralinescream, this is only baddy talk lah, nothing serious...please drink some teh tarik before you chomp on da toast, I really enjoy your humor and don't wanna see you choke on da toaster...I mean toast. BTW, I thought only Malaysian like us in overseas that eat da toast, you can't find malaysian food here, and the only MAS shop tutup lah...you in MAS have all those pleasures like nasi lemak, curry this and that, chow kwai teoh, etc...so why on earth ya eat da toast lah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Someone will come along when LD/LCW/TH retire and win them all, but it is not the winnings that interest me, more of the way these 3 fellas play the game when each of these 3 players are playing at peak form, it is so unique. It is comparing baddy to martial arts movie, it is not just a movie to see but a martial arts movie starring Bruce Lee...and you want to see it again and again...LOL
    I think OTB hit the nail on the head here. I've enjoyed watching badminton for as long as I can remember (over 35 years), and I can't remember seeing a player with the defensive qualities of a LCW, or the attacking style of a LD. These two players are ahead of the rest in the modern game and are great athletes to boot. To quote Morten Frost during one of his 2011 Sudirman Cup commentaries, "There is LCW and LD, and then there's the rest." For sheer viewing pleasure and appreciating the fine aspects of the game be it footwork, defense, consistency, or attack, nothing beats watching these two top players. And yes, before you ask I have watched the Hartonos, Zhiao Jianhuas, Morten Frosts, Peter Gades, Taufiks, etc of the world, so don't bother asking. Comparing the number of titles won sounds too much like an infantile pissing contest and takes away from appreciating the beauty of the game which these two players hand out by the bucket loads. And they will be missed when they retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OTB .. are you aware that you are replying to a post that was posted last year?.. also the person is now no longer with us ..?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    OTB .. are you aware that you are replying to a post that was posted last year?.. also the person is now no longer with us ..?
    Oops...did not realize that, didn't check date of post, thanks for reminder...must be the beer that made me loopy loopy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiyo, Uncle.. too excited and too itchy to reply to that guy eh? have some rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops...did not realize that, didn't check date of post, thanks for reminder...must be the beer that made me loopy loopy
    Otb, they say never wake up the dead

Otherwise the beer will make you hippy hippy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Aiyo, Uncle.. too excited and too itchy to reply to that guy eh? have some rest
    Otb, they say never wake up the dead
    Otherwise the beer will make you hippy hippy
    Just can't resist some humor...pajrul said 'he is no longer with us'....does he means he gone to you-know-where or just disappear from BC??? Just a thought
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-16-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just can't resist some humor...pajrul said 'he is no longer with us'....does he means he gone to you-know-where or just disappear from BC??? Just a thought
    Reading his posts you know where he comes from

land of anti Lcw hahahaha

It has been quite sometime he went holiday with a one way ticket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    AE is just another SS event. The biggest events are: Olympics and Worlds, SC,TC and UC, Asian Games, then SS. The Korean Open SS is the biggest SS event as currently it more than doubles the prize money at most other SS.

LD has , what, 1 Olym, 3 worlds, 4 TC, 4SC, 1 Asian Games Indiv. and thats just the wins.

Its pointless comparing across eras but in the last decade when there have been many great and innovative players and top players from more countries than ever before he LD has domiated. If you add up the wins of every other player at the biggest events where he has competed the other players cannot match his wins.

Currently there is a transition, where as in the past there were 5 players pushing the number one currently there are just 2 clear top players. Veterans like Bao Chunlai, Taufik, Gade, are declinng, and even LD and LCW may retire.

i agree

LCW get 2 AE, LD get 4 AE
    LCW get 0 olympic, LD get 1 olympic
    LCW get 0 world championship, LD get 3 world championship
    LCW get 0 SC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 TC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 asian games induvidual, LD get 1 asian games induvidual

so, who is better? LD? or LCW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iqbaljuve View Post
    i agreeLCW get 2 AE, LD get 4 AELCW get 0 olympic, LD get 1 olympicLCW get 0 world championship, LD get 3 world championshipLCW get 0 SC, LD get 4 SCLCW get 0 TC, LD get 4 SCLCW get 0 asian games induvidual, LD get 1 asian games induvidualso, who is better? LD? or LCW?
    Lcw is better

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast