User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 94
  1. #69
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow ld is so good that lcw have to buck up. Rubbing salt or hydrocloric into the blood eh?

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_bun View Post
    It's 15-7
    1.Msia open 2005-LCW 15-10,9-15,15-9
    2.Hongkong 2005 - LD 15-4,15-6
    3.All ENgland 2006 - LD 15-9,10-15,17-14
    4.Msia 2006 - LCW 21-18,18-21,23-21
    5.Taipeh 2006 - LD 21-18,12-21,21-11
    6.Macau 2006 - LD 21-18,18-21,21-18
    7.hongkong 2006 - LD 21-19,8-21,21-16
    8.Sudirman Cup 2007 - LCW 21-17,21-17
    9.China Master 2007 _ LD 15-21,21-14,21-15
    10.JApan 2007 - LCW 21-19,21-15
    11.Hongkong 2007 - LD 9-21,21-15,21-15
    12.Swiss 2008 - LD 21-13,21-18
    13.thomas cup 2008 - LCW 21-12,21-14
    14.Olympic GAmes 2008 - LD 21-12,21-8
    15.China SS 2008 - LD 21-18,21-9
    16.All England 2009 - LD 21-19,21-12
    17.Swiss 2009 - LCW 21-16,21-16
    18.Sudirman Cup 2009 - LD 21-16,21-16
    19.China MAster 2009 - LD 22-20,15-21,21-7
    20.Thomas Cup 2010 - LD 21-17,21-8
    21.JApan 2010 - LCW 22-20,16-21,21-17
    22.Asian GAmes - LD 21-13,15-21,21-10
    Tommy, thanks so much for the research.
    Always can trust you to have comprehensive records of CHN players. And still neatly written in your book as before?

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Well, it so happened that OG08 and AG10 were both held in China. So LD's lucky to win and he knows that.
    In OG04 and AG06, the venues were in neutral territory so LD did not have a crowd big enough to boost him up at the right time. LD was unlucky there.
    I totally agree with you. LD is such a lucky bastard, that he has a huge crowd behind him each time, whether on his home turf or not. Poor LCW is surely 10000% better than LD. All LCW lacks is "a lil bit luck" and more die hard fans like you. I am pretty sure LD will never get his place in history, regardless how lucky he can be. LCW will definitely be remembered as the "greatest with a lil bit less luck".

    Let's help LCW, pray harder, talk more, cheer more, and wish him the best of luck. :-)

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I totally agree with you. LD is such a lucky bastard, that he has a huge crowd behind him each time, whether on his home turf or not. Poor LCW is surely 10000% better than LD. All LCW lacks is "a lil bit luck" and more die hard fans like you. I am pretty sure LD will never get his place in history, regardless how lucky he can be. LCW will definitely be remembered as the "greatest with a lil bit less luck".

    Let's help LCW, pray harder, talk more, cheer more, and wish him the best of luck. :-)
    Those are not very nice words to use to describe a person or any person.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    www
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    But I'm glad LD won the AG. Would be more terrible for him if he didn't.
    I'm glad LCW lost to Lin Dan because LCW had no pressure to win, just another expected lost to Lin Dan, his boleh fans will still love him like before because LCW will still be BWF's #1, and LCW will surely win the super series final again this year, and misbun and rashid's job will be ok.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Those are not very nice words to use to describe a person or any person.
    If you read more LazyBuddy's posts, you will know what he exactly tried to say.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I totally agree with you. LD is such a lucky bastard, that he has a huge crowd behind him each time, whether on his home turf or not. Poor LCW is surely 10000% better than LD. All LCW lacks is "a lil bit luck" and more die hard fans like you. I am pretty sure LD will never get his place in history, regardless how lucky he can be. LCW will definitely be remembered as the "greatest with a lil bit less luck".

    Let's help LCW, pray harder, talk more, cheer more, and wish him the best of luck. :-)
    Not just LCW. LD's luck make the rest of world "unlucky". He steal all the luck! What a total shame on him.

  8. #76
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, If luck is such a major factor in winning or losing, then its no use bothering about

    training, practising, going to school, working ,learning etc.etc.

    Just go to the casino and try one's luck.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Wow, If luck is such a major factor in winning or losing, then its no use bothering about

    training, practising, going to school, working ,learning etc.etc.

    Just go to the casino and try one's luck.
    Well said, I personally think that Lin Dan may be taken out by the Koreans in the 2012 Olympics, but who knows :P I really hope he wins though, It was Lin Dan that first inspired me to play badminton.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talkingtaco2 View Post
    Well said, I personally think that Lin Dan may be taken out by the Koreans in the 2012 Olympics, but who knows :P I really hope he wins though, It was Lin Dan that first inspired me to play badminton.
    I want to ask what Korean men singles player do you think that could possibly be better than Lin Dan by 2012?

  11. #79
    Regular Member Ajaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indonesia tanah air beta
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Well, it so happened that OG08 and AG10 were both held in China. So LD's lucky to win and he knows that.
    In OG04 and AG06, the venues were in neutral territory so LD did not have a crowd big enough to boost him up at the right time. LD was unlucky there.

    He's just lucky????

    ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

    after this AG,,,some boleh fans has improved a lot and have a big heart to admitted that Lin Dan is better than LCW,,,, but you ???

    wonder why you always discount LD .... ckckcckkckc

  12. #80
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,028
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaib View Post
    He's just lucky????

    ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

    after this AG,,,some boleh fans has improved a lot and have a big heart to admitted that Lin Dan is better than LCW,,,, but you ???

    wonder why you always discount LD .... ckckcckkckc
    yes Ajaib, LD is very LUCKY because there is someone UNLUCKY there always lost to LD in big event Haha

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha
    improved a lot?
    how to measure?
    smashing speed increased?

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaib View Post
    He's just lucky????
    ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ
    after this AG,,,some boleh fans has improved a lot and have a big heart to admitted that Lin Dan is better than LCW,,,, but you ???
    wonder why you always discount LD .... ckckcckkckc
    Hahaha, cos there will be certain China fans who discount LCW, along the lines of "LD being generous" or "not motivated", it actually discount each & every one of LD's opponent's efforts including CJ & Bao. So, it works both ways, A & B fans will ask each other -why you make such comments & it goes on & on.

    China players have it better I would say, they dont have their countrymen critise them & call them to retire when they get 2nd in major event.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 11-30-2010 at 06:49 AM.

  15. #83
    Regular Member nickspeed9900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Batminton City
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Not really... Because LCW has defeated LD numerous times.
    .
    still Lin Dan doesn't see him as an arch rival... Lin Dan only said he is one of the toughest. But to LeeCW, Lin Dan is someone to beat. Lin Dan is a class above maybe two class above.Maybe more than that haha.

    You see their target, Lin Dan is to beat his ownself, his real enemy is himself. Lin Dan doesn't pursuit the points to reach world no.1 (Lee is). Mentality is different... Lin Dan is focus to improve himself, while LCW is chasing and try to beat Lin Dan and hope to join more game for points to reach no.1...

  16. #84
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile I am a fan of both players, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei

    Quote Originally Posted by nickspeed9900 View Post
    still Lin Dan doesn't see him as an arch rival... Lin Dan only said he is one of the toughest. But to LeeCW, Lin Dan is someone to beat. Lin Dan is a class above maybe two class above.Maybe more than that haha.

    You see their target, Lin Dan is to beat his ownself, his real enemy is himself. Lin Dan doesn't pursuit the points to reach world no.1 (Lee is). Mentality is different... Lin Dan is focus to improve himself, while LCW is chasing and try to beat Lin Dan and hope to join more game for points to reach no.1...
    .
    I am a fan of both players, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei.

    Let me direct you to this link (Just click on it);

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...il-the-2012-OG

    I am hoping to see Lin Dan participating in more tournaments.
    .

  17. #85
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Somewhat interesting is the situation in China TT :

    Currently, Wang Hao is world champion, Ma Long is World No.1 and Ma Lin is Olympic champion.Who is better than who?
    Ma lin is described as the best TT player never to have won a world championship.
    Then previously we had a batch Wang Li Qin (3x world champion), Liu Guo Liang and Kong Ling Hui (both Olympic and World champions).

    In TT emphasis is placed on winning the coveted WC and Olympics, so in the line-up of TT legends, guess who are entered as Legends,
    the answer is Liu,Wang LiQin & Liu Guo Liang, winners of the most coveted medals, a double or triple at that.

    Both LD and LCW are great players but i think the achievements tell it all and even the head to head encounters.as with TT ranking is just one form of measurement. LD if you observe is really quick and talented and superbly fit when in form, to say that LCW has no confidence or not trying when playing LD is difficult to fathom, how do you hope to penetrate an opponent's defence that is so good, or wear out a player that is so fit?
    Run till you drop or attack till you drop? Of course there are tactics but once again LCW has to face a very shrewd opponent backed by an even more shrewd mentor,who frail as he is is not allowed to retire.
    You can even see in the racket techniques, one is very efficient/economical and much swifter or taken higher than the other. The odds are not very good.
    Last edited by Bbn; 11-30-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •