User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said.

Lin Dan was so "perfect" in the first-set of the Asian Games FINAL that Lee Chong Wei needed to work very hard to earn every single point. There was NOTHING...practically NOTHING that LCW did in the first set work for him. And yet to repeat, LCW was not exactly that bad either....he was also trying his best, which was sadly not enough to counter LD's almost flawless moves.

LCW was able to win the second set quite easily I would say as Lin Dan started to make mistakes. But, that situation was turned again in the third-set when a pumped up LD raced ahead so quickly that LCW didn't exactly know what hit him during those few minutes that led LD have such a huge advantage at 11-1 during the interval! It was game over by then!

SO, to sum up, LCW was not playing that badly (as compared to his even more tragic loss at the Beijing Olympics). But you can definitely observe that LD was still quicker than him and made less unforced errors when it mattered most!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed, Strategy and Fitness is with Lindan for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's obvious. Sure there will be a lot of see saw battles in future.

To even out the odds it must be accepted that no one player can win everything in the calender,

there has to be realistic targets.

The next barrier might be playing ability,Han Jian once said , it is very difficult to change a player's style,

old habits die young, they have to be trained from young.

LCW has improved by leaps and bounds in power ,anticipation etc etc but still loses out in terms of speed and execution to China players.

I'm sure the coaching committee can continue to work sth out, but so can China's, that's what keeps the game interesting,you would expect China to always keep one step ahead now that the sport is so big in China,surpassing TT where they compete among themselves.

But what the heck he is still no.1 ranked, which is not bad.

I dont know about you guys but I think Chen Long will be the one to eventually take over from LD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Somewhat interesting is the situation in China TT :

Currently, Wang Hao is world champion, Ma Long is World No.1 and Ma Lin is Olympic champion.Who is better than who?
    Ma lin is described as the best TT player never to have won a world championship.
    Then previously we had a batch Wang Li Qin (3x world champion), Liu Guo Liang and Kong Ling Hui (both Olympic and World champions).

In TT emphasis is placed on winning the coveted WC and Olympics, so in the line-up of TT legends, guess who are entered as Legends,
    the answer is Liu,Wang LiQin & Liu Guo Liang, winners of the most coveted medals, a double or triple at that.

Both LD and LCW are great players but i think the achievements tell it all and even the head to head encounters.as with TT ranking is just one form of measurement. LD if you observe is really quick and talented and superbly fit when in form, to say that LCW has no confidence or not trying when playing LD is difficult to fathom, how do you hope to penetrate an opponent's defence that is so good, or wear out a player that is so fit?
    Run till you drop or attack till you drop? Of course there are tactics but once again LCW has to face a very shrewd opponent backed by an even more shrewd mentor,who frail as he is is not allowed to retire.
    You can even see in the racket techniques, one is very efficient/economical and much swifter or taken higher than the other. The odds are not very good.
    WLQ won the WC 3X but has not won OLY gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but the 3X WC qualified him to be among the ranks of Zhuang Tze Dong and Li Fu Rong !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Yes, but the 3X WC qualified him to be among the ranks of Zhuang Tze Dong and Li Fu Rong !
    That is correct and I agree with you. 3X WC is in exclusive company. Wang Hao won 2 or 3X WC but OLY 2X silver, and he should be in too then. But I thought you meant winner of both OLY and WC to qualify as TT legend. We stop here on TT less the mod fret on this out of topic stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    That is correct and I agree with you. 3X WC is in exclusive company. Wang Hao won 2 or 3X WC but OLY 2X silver, and he should be in too then. But I thought you meant winner of both OLY and WC to qualify as TT legend. We stop here on TT less the mod fret on this out of topic stuff.
    it is not out of topic, it is abt performance benchmarks. Wang Hao only won the WC once in 2009.

Wang Li Qin won 2001 2005 and 2007.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Lin Dan won Malaysia Super Series?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Has Lin Dan won Malaysia Super Series?
    ..see 1st page and 1st post to find the answer..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6