Stringers in Cambridge or London

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Sheldon, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Regular Member

Student
    Cambridge, UK (heh..only a sixth form college tho)
    Heh....cant find any good stringers in Cambridge....and if i'm getting lots of racquets from china...which arnt strung...i need a good stringer who doesnt charge £10plus for each racquet....anyone know of a good stringer?

Also a good and hopefully cheap stringer in London? hehe.......its big enough..there must be someone?

thanks

PS if i end up getting them strungin china, the place i'm thinking of has a dude sitting there with a stringing machine. You stringers out there......any tips on what i should be looking out for? And after it has been strung......how can I test it......prob wont be able to hit up with it....so any other methods?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    Hey sheldon look for consistent tensions and methods of stringing i.e. 1 piece or two piece. To check for consistent tensions just hit one string bed with another and see if there is a similar sound if there is then the tension is exactly the same or in the same area. Look for any cracks or scratches after the racquet has been strung. Prior to even giving the racquets to the stringer make sure you know how your racquet is prior to stringing. If you can get someone to recommend a stringer in China. Sheldon you have to be prepared to pay a pretty good price if you want a good stringer. A good stringer is usually highly recommended and certified however there are your exceptions. There are good stringers that just string but never really do the high volume of other stringers. In anycase good luck with your search. If you need additional help with anything please feel free to pm me.

Cheers,
    Nick

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Regular Member

Student
    Cambridge, UK (heh..only a sixth form college tho)
    Thanks:) some important points you rasied.....thanks again