Organizing Local tournament in Vaughan

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by badarora, Nov 24, 2010.

1. badarora

badarora Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    Hello friends,
    I am new to this website and to Toronto and love badminton although I am just a regular player. Trying to get back into it after a long time. I have a feeling that there is quite a good number of players and clubs in and around Toronto. I also feel that there is a need to bring this sport into limelight and promote it the stanadards that it deserves.
    So in order to acheive that and bring as much of the badminton community together in this area and from far off I would like to propse holding an ice breaker tournament and if we get good participation may be we can do it on regular basis. I am thinking of approaching the Community center in Vaughan to find out about getting permission and learning about their process of renting out their facility for tournaments. I just wanted to get some feedback from all of you here if you would be interested in participating in such events.
    I am hoping to have at least 40+ contestants for a tournament that we can organize for a weekend (over 2 days). Anyone inerested in helping out organizing the event is most welcome. A poll on if this would be a good idea and a good start for promoting badminton in Vaughan area might be a better idea to get a sense of how everyone feels about it. I am no sure how to start a poll here ..so will have to rely on indvidual responses..so please reply back with your thoughts and hopefully we can make it happen.
    Regards,
    Bhupinder
    647-880-0304

2. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

I am a little too far, but I wish you luck...

I would suggest finding existing community centres/schools where non-club registered players go and suggest this idea that way as well.

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Try the local forum for help.

4. badarora

badarora Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    Thanks guys! Will try other means as suggested as well.