User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess, both he and his father waited to see what is the BAM "new" coaching setup before making the final decision ...

ACTION SPEAKS VOLUME ... on what they think about the BAM setup ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    i beg to admin to change this thread title ( his name). its Misbun Ramdan.
    Yes, and also drop the next LCW ... We want him to BE BETTER THAN LCW !!

3. Likes soulpx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think ramdan will rejoin bam unless misbun takeover
    sidek family saga

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    dont think ramdan will rejoin bam unless misbun takeover sidek family saga
    with Rashid still in bam, totally sidek saga continue...

6. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    with Rashid still in bam, totally sidek saga continue...
    nobody knows what is Rashid job scope...

8. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    nobody knows what is Rashid job scope...
    hahahaha .... SPOT ON !!

10. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online >
    Wednesday January 9, 2013
    Shuttler Ramdan cites personal reason for leaving national set-upLeaving BAM: Misbun Ramdan sent in his resignation letter Tuesday." height="400" width="315">Leaving BAM: Misbun Ramdan sent in his resignation letter Tuesday.
    KUALA LUMPUR: Blood is definitely thicker than water.This adage was proven right when reigning national men’s singles champion Misbun Ramdan Misbun quit the national team yesterday to “rejoin” his father – Datuk Misbun Sidek – under the banner of professional club Nusa Mahsuri.Ramdan’s shocking action is reminiscent of his father’s own actions two years ago.Then, just as Malaysia was ushering in the New Year, Misbun dropped a bombshell by walking out of the national team – resigning as the national coach.Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary Ng Chin Chai confirmed yesterday that Ramdan, who will turn 22 on March 16, had handed in his resignation letter citing personal reasons.

Ramdan, however, had the courtesy to meet his coach Hendrawan on Tuesday to personally thank him for guiding him over the last two years.After all, Hendrawan had played a big part in helping Ramdan achieve several breakthroughs. Ramdan won his first local title, the Pahang Open, last year and defeated two more experienced players in Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng en route to becoming the national champion for the first time.

“He texted me, asking whether I could meet up with him as he had something important to tell me,” said Hendrawan.
    “My suspicion were proven right when he told me that he was leaving. I asked him if he had any problems with me, the BAM’s programme or anything else ... but he said no.“He said it was time to go. I am glad that we ended it well. He thanked me for all that we’ve gone through together over the last two years. I appreciate his humility.
    “Ramdan is one of the talented ones in the group and has the potential to be a world class player. I wish him all the best. I told him that the door is always open if he wants to come back.”

Meanwhile, Chin Chai said that he would bring up Ramdan’s resignation at BAM’s exco meeting on Jan 15. Chin Chai, however, said that they would not stop Ramdan from playing in the Malaysian Open from Jan 16-20 as BAM had already registered his name.
    “His resignation came as a surprise to us. I received a letter stating that he was quitting due to personal reasons,” said Chin Chai.

In June 2011, BAM banned back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang for two years when he left the national team to turn professional. He was not allowed to compete in any international tournaments in the Asian region. The ban was lifted during the BAM’s coaching and training committee meeting in Alor Setar last month.
    Will Ramdan be similarly punished?
    Chin Chai said: “It’s not for me to decide. Ramdan has left in a good way. Anyway, we’ll notify the exco of his decision.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...411&sec=sports

There goes another one. Let's see who's next. Oh,TCS's ban lifted already

12. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe Ramdan think he is in position to negotiate??/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MISBUN Ramdan Misbun, the newly crowned national champion, has quit the national team to join his father Misbun Sidek at Nusa Mahsuri.

The 22-year-old, touted as the next best thing after World No 1 Lee Chong Wei, tendered his resignation letter to the BA of Malaysia (BAM) on Monday.
    Ramdan is the second shuttler to quit BAM following Chan Kwong Beng’s resignation a few days ago.

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said Ramdan had stopped training under national back-up singles coach Hendrawan.
    “I do not want to speculate on anything. Ramdan looked fine in recent days and was happy when he won the national men’s singles title in Alor Star recently,” said Chin Chai yesterday.
    “The association’s executive committee will deliberate on Ramdan’s sudden resignation request on Jan 16.”
    Chin Chai said Ramdan is a good prospect for the future.
    “His resignation is with immediate effect. He did not report for training today (yesterday).
    “Ramdan is a great shuttler, who has a good future. I think he has personal reasons (for quitting BAM) but hopefully, he will continue playing,” Chin Chai added.
    The World No 87 continued with the Sidek family tradition when he succeeded 10-time winner Chong Wei as the national champion recently.
    In the recent National Grand Prix Finals, Ramdan rallied from a game down to overcome World No 21 Chong Wei Feng 13-21, 21-18, 21-18 in 55 minutes to emulate his father, Misbun, and uncle Rashid’s feats.
    Misbun had won six national singles titles while Rashid was a four-time national champion.
    But on the international front, Ramdan, who trains occasionally under his father, has not been so successful. His best results last year were reaching the last 16 stage of grand prix competitions in Malaysia, Indonesia, Germany and India.
    Hendrawan regards Ramdan as the most complete shuttler in his back-up squad and his resignation will be a huge loss, if he quits for good . By Ajitpal Singh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another slap in the face for BAM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is more of a family reason than BAM being a screw up. His father is a good coach and has an academy. As a son surely he is obligated to support his father and family business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    i urge all player leave bam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I think it is more of a family reason than BAM being a screw up. His father is a good coach and has an academy. As a son surely he is obligated to support his father and family business.
    Just something I thought of...

CKB leaves BAM -> Rashid is finding one more player -> He wants Misbun Ramdan since he is the best in Hendrawan's squad -> Misbun tells his son to leave... LOL

If Goh Soon Huat change to become under Rashid Sidek then maybe what I thought of is actually true... lol but at the moment it's just some random fantasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Just something I thought of...

CKB leaves BAM -> Rashid is finding one more player -> He wants Misbun Ramdan since he is the best in Hendrawan's squad -> Misbun tells his son to leave... LOL

If Goh Soon Huat change to become under Rashid Sidek then maybe what I thought of is actually true... lol but at the moment it's just some random fantasy.
    So, you're implying Misbun also have no confidence in his bro Rashid's coaching ability?
    Anyway, for Ramdan's case, he was expected to leave BAM when Misbun resigned 2 years ago but he didnt or rather Misbun told him to stay. Ramdan said before, if his Papa wants him to stay he stay,leave, he leave.

GSH change to under Rashid? Oops if really happen then maybe we'll hear another player leave Then when contract is up, Hendrawan also will announce he go back INA

21. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but hendrawan decide to stay,i wonder why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    but hendrawan decide to stay,i wonder why.
    But are you sure it is he who decided or someone else who decides it or 'something' that decides it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast