User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 82
  1. #52
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    like father like son huh i think it was a right move for him to train under his father... just hope he can improve his performance rapidly

  2. #53
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Alamak, so fast KO ...

    I hope he is not a "hangat hangat tahi ayam" (hot hot chicken "s h i t") player .... DIE if he is ....

    unfortunately, this also applies to most MAS players, except LCW

  3. #54
    Regular Member soulpx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Alamak, so fast KO ...

    I hope he is not a "hangat hangat tahi ayam" (hot hot chicken "s h i t") player .... DIE if he is ....
    his uncles said give him 2 years. i think they're right, we cant expect
    him out from bam and the next week already be a world beater.

  4. #55
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    winning 2 international challange are goos starting point for him gain more experience before slowly move up to gp n gp gold event... hopefully he's injury free and able to fullfil his true potential....

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    winning 2 international challange are goos starting point for him gain more experience before slowly move up to gp n gp gold event... hopefully he's injury free and able to fullfil his true potential....
    winning 2 international challenge is excelent! but you might have made a mistake, he won 2 international series, which is much easier than international challenge (and the points are insignificant as well)

  6. #57
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    winning 2 international challenge is excelent! but you might have made a mistake, he won 2 international series, which is much easier than international challenge (and the points are insignificant as well)
    agreed with u it is a lower rank tournament.bt to gain confidence,experience are crucial rather than didnt being send regularly to cmpetition:-)n
    i thnk he won sumthng cmpard to sum of bam ms back up:-)

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    agreed with u it is a lower rank tournament.bt to gain confidence,experience are crucial rather than didnt being send regularly to cmpetition:-)n
    i thnk he won sumthng cmpard to sum of bam ms back up:-)
    yes i do agree. the last tournament he paricipated in, he ended up in the semi finals (Spainish International Challenge), which would give him 2800 points, while a champion in International Series gives 2500 points and a last 16 poisiton in a GPG gives 2720 ponts. in comparision, participation of SSP main gives 2660 points, and last eight in GP gives 2750 points.

    As a matter of fact, if he is continuing at this standard, he would probably racked up 27000 point( he is having 25130 now, and that would only push him to number 47 in the world.

    Ms is very competetive, and the points are higher at the top 25-32 position, which is usually the cut off for players, at this level, you name got show up in the first page of ranking, you dont have to play the qualifying for SSP and other events and you get yourself a pretty good chance in participating in the WC.

    So the cut off point for number 25 is around 40000 and 35000 currently, and to get that, you need to win IC(4000) get runner up for GP (4250) semi or quarter in GPG (4900/3850), last 16 in SSP event.


    so i guess he need to focus on bigger tournaments now, since he probably build up some confidence recently.

  8. #59
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice info there bro:-)yup,for smaller tournament will only offer small points.i believe his coach prefer to send him to lower level cmptetion to build up his winning mentality n confidence before moving to higher level.i guess playing in high level tournament n being dump at early stages will demoralize the youth.hope he wont take too long to fullfil his potential.thats my humble opinion.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    nice info there bro:-)yup,for smaller tournament will only offer small points.i believe his coach prefer to send him to lower level cmptetion to build up his winning mentality n confidence before moving to higher level.i guess playing in high level tournament n being dump at early stages will demoralize the youth.hope he wont take too long to fullfil his potential.thats my humble opinion.
    very true indeed, look at BAM WS and WD team, they thought that GPG is a small tournament, ended up our girls keep losing at first or second round.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Attic
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe his coach really knows what he's doing... after all not many can really tahan his training method... those who can most likely can be successful...

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melaka
    Posts
    827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think MR has somewhat failed in his quest to be the top Malaysian MS singles. Wasn't he supposed to achieve that this year?

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    I think MR has somewhat failed in his quest to be the top Malaysian MS singles. Wasn't he supposed to achieve that this year?

    He is definitely making great progress having seen him at the Welsh International. Lost to the eventual winner Fleming Quach who already plays Premier/Super series.
    He's the one to watch.

  13. #64
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    brunei
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just claim his first international challenge few days ago. congrats to him for the breakthrough!

    http://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2013/1207/491499-ramdan-claims-irish-badminton-open-title/

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    4 title for ramdan this year.
    portuguese international
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...36D&player=136
    slovenia international
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...B89&player=126
    hella international(greece)
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...8AA1&player=85
    irish open
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...E8C&player=188
    ---
    he should participate more in international challenge and grand prix next year.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melaka
    Posts
    827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he should go Superseries by at least mid next year to see where he stands against the big guns.

  16. #67
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,189
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since he is independent, is it a deliberate tactic to 'build' his portfolio?

    Having a number of titles (albeit small ones), will look good for sponsorship.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    I think he should go Superseries by at least mid next year to see where he stands against the big guns.
    he should win a few gp,then aim gp gold
    then ss.2 more years should be

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Since he is independent, is it a deliberate tactic to 'build' his portfolio?

    Having a number of titles (albeit small ones), will look good for sponsorship.
    still better than bam-no-brainer-simply-send-player-to-tournament planning

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Misbun's Proteges
    By Bbn in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 23
    : 01-10-2011, 05:05 AM
  2. LCW+Misbun combination
    By ixory in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 266
    : 01-05-2011, 02:09 AM
  3. misbun sidek-help!!!
    By Anil Kishore in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 33
    : 09-23-2008, 11:14 PM
  4. MISBUN's REJUVENATION
    By X Ball in forum Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007
    Replies: 53
    : 05-07-2007, 05:15 AM
  5. Misbun: I will go if I have to
    By jaclyn in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 56
    : 09-14-2004, 10:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •