Misbun Ramdan

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jazzroll, Nov 25, 2010.

1. jazzroll

jazzroll Regular Member

goverment
    Young shuttlers Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkifli received an early Hari Raya cheer after being given the green light to compete in the World Junior Championships for the first time.
    Malaysia are hosting the annual event for the first time in Kedah from Oct 23-Nov 1.
    The duo made the cut ahead of several Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) players following their unexpected good run in the Asian Junior Championships at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara in July.
    The lanky youngsters – Ramdan of Nusa Mahsuri and Zulfadli of KLRC Rackets – reached the semi-finals of the Asian meet.
    [​IMG] Making their bow: Misbun Ramdan Misbun and Zulfadli Zulkifli (inset) will make their debut at the World Junior Championships in Kedah next month
    They will join the BAM’s top two juniors – Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Mohd Syawal Ismail – in both the team and individual events.
    National junior chief coach Sun Chenhua said Ramdan and Zulfadli deserved to play as they had proven themselves.
    “They did well to reach the semi-finals (of the Asian meet) and I decided to recommend them to be considered in the team. In fact, Ramdan has started training with us,” said Chenhua, who added that Iskandar and Syawal “are coming back from minor injuries”.
    “Syawal was down with an ankle injury while Iskandar had a stiff back. But they are shaping up well now in training,” he said.
    In the Asian junior meet, Iskandar lost to China’s Tian Houwei in the final while Syawal went down fighting in the semi-finals.
    “All four – Iskandar, Syawal, Ramdan and Zulfadli – gained valuable experience in the Asian junior meet. I hope they have learnt from their mistakes and will give another rousing performance in the world junior meet,” said Chenhua.
    “They were unable to handle the pressure when it mattered most. Hopefully, they will be more focused and not put undue pressure on themselves at the world junior meet.
    “We have another one and half months to prepare for the tournament. I will be happy if we can make the semi-finals of the team event and one of the boys reach the singles final.”
    Chenhua has also recommended four girls’ singles players – Tee Jing Yee, Sonia Cheah, Yang Li Lian and Florah Ng – for the world meet.
    National doubles coach Yap Kim Hock is expected to name the boys’ and girls’ pairs for the world junior meet soon.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Misbun Ramdan is staying put with the national team

The Star Online
    Monday May 2, 2011

PETALING JAYA: National back-up shuttler Misbun Ramdan (pic) does not plan to leave the national team, like his father Misbun.

Instead, the cool and collected 18-year-old prefers to stay put and continue to train under coach Hendrawan.

The lanky shuttler is focused on scoring upsets in the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold, which will begin on Wednesday in Alor Setar.

Ramdan, who left for Alor Setar yesterday, had hoped to train under Misbun but the latter chose not to accept the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) coaching offer.

If Misbun had signed on the dotted lines, Ramdan would have been placed under his father’s wing.

“My dad has made a decision not to take up the offer (BAM’s new contract) and, I guess, he knows best. We did not discuss anything about my badminton career,” said Ramdan.

“For now, I will continue training under Hendrawan. I have learnt a lot in training and I have good sparring partners.”

Ramdan also said that his target – to become the country’s top player in two years’ time – remained unchanged.

“My father has given me two years to achieve this and, to me, I can make it happen.
    “I will continue to work hard under Hendrawan,” said the player.

On his chances at the Malaysia Open GP, he said: “I am playing Hong Kong’s number one player Chan Yan Kit in the opening round. I hope to beat him. It will be a good start for me.”

Ramdan and Yan Kit are in the top half of the draw with top seed Lee Chong Wei, China’s Chen Jin, South Korean Park Sung-hwan and Indonesian Simon Santoso.

The star players in the lower half of the draw are second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, China’s Bao Chunlai, Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro and South Korean Lee Hyun-il.

The other Malaysians in the main draw of the men’s singles are Wong Choong Hann, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Lim Fang Yang, Beryno Wong, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Goh Soon Huat, K. Yogendran, Tan Chun Seang, Chan Kwong Beng, Iskandar Zulkarnain, Chong Wei Feng, Mohd Syawal Ismail and Liew Daren.

4. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Sounds like a level headed guy. I wish him all the best.

5. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

God its already started... the expectations and the pressure on him will be unbelievable...poor kid. i hope he take it all in stride

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Hope he makes it big oneday, at least like Hafiz

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Like the HH in 2003, not the HH after 2003............

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Malaysia GOLD GP: 1st round

Yan Kit CHAN (HK) beat Misbun Ramdan MOHMED MISBUN (MAS): 14-21 21-13 21-16

9. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    congratulation to misbun ramdan for winning the national circuit grand prix finals!

source : http://www.malaysiandigest.com/sports/211292-enter-misbun-jr.html

10. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

yeah. to me the title said it. he has the skills. his deception is awesome. its hard to find those with good deception skills like that anymore. somehow he still lack of power speed and fitness. hope that over time he will get used to it. to me if he is trained by his father 100% we could see the new lee chong wei. it was Misbun who shape the lee chong wei physical ability. Li Mao instill the tactical beauty. But to me he is great. what Misbun Ramdan is lacking is only is physical ability. overall he is the most promising player that Malaysian have as of now nor the LD Type R or Zulfadhli Zulkifli.

11. gelee

gelee Regular Member

is the national gp available for online streaming? Would love to see ramdan play chong wei feng.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Its available on youtube now.
    [video=youtube;rn8PvcagBgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8PvcagBgQ[/video]

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Is Ramdan too good? or CWF not good enough?
    I cant tell from the video

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I can't tell either from the video.. But from CWF's face expression, can see he is under some kind of pressure..

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    misbun ramdam is now left bam.
    applause!

16. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i beg to admin to change this thread title ( his name). its Misbun Ramdan.

17. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    Ramdan made a wise move... by left BAM and join his father Misbun's Nusa Mahsuri for later career... well done...

18. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I guess, both he and his father waited to see what is the BAM "new" coaching setup before making the final decision ...

ACTION SPEAKS VOLUME ... on what they think about the BAM setup ... :rolleyes: :D

19. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Yes, and also drop the next LCW ... We want him to BE BETTER THAN LCW !! :p

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    dont think ramdan will rejoin bam unless misbun takeover
    sidek family saga