Victor Bravesword 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by alongwor, Nov 25, 2010.

1. alongwor

alongwor Regular Member

Hi all,

I have got hold of a new Bravesword 10. I have never played with one but I was offered it at a price that would have been rude to ignore. My dilemma is that the racket is not yet strung. So far I have always had pre-strung rackets so I am looking for some advice on what tension to go for.

Obviously it can be changed later but what would you say is a good point to start at? I mainly (try to) play a rounded game but err on the side offensive and go for powerful shots rather than softly softly.

What would you recommend as a good starting point?

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

depends totally on your technique, not your style tbh.

3. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    Bravesword 10??? Try 24 lbs, I think the higher the tension the more control you get, for lower tension, more power...

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

oh dear, not this again. :(

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

Amen. :(

Just try 24lbs and see how it is. If you feel lost of power or the string is flexing too much string 2 lbs higher.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    just figure out what the pre-strung racket string tension usually is and use that tension??

7. ngjeffrey

ngjeffrey Regular Member

IT
    Just strung with the tension that suits you. No point even when you strung at the highest tension and got no power to use it right

8. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I would start low then increase tension as required.

On .7mm strings 22lbs would be ok for starters. If you are confident and hit the sweet spot consistently then try 24lbs.

After a 3 month break I couldnt do much with a 25lb strung racquet and had to resort to a 22lb one.

9. alongwor

alongwor Regular Member

Yeah, I appreciate this but in an ideal world I would have the equipment, time, experience and ability to string it myself and be free to easily experiment without cost.

Unfortunately I am not in an ideal world so I need a point to start from. Given this is a first racket I have that needs stringing for me, rather than pluck a random figure out of the air and waste my money I thought I would ask. On the flip side, I totally understand where you are coming from. Maybe a second favourite option is to ask someone who is in the know and can see me play. I will also do that on Sunday when I am playing.

In the meantime I was trying to tap into the wealth of experience and information here (and other places such as the club where I play) and see if some sort of majority opinion started to form.

Thanks to those who made a suggestion. Unless someone face to face advises me of something totally different with justification I guess I will try 22 or 24lbs.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    23lbs with bg80 is a good start. using that for a while will let you know what is still short and what improvement you need to make.

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Do you know and use the proper grips? Do you know how to correctly use pronation/suppination?

If you answer no to either of those, then I would suggest something in the arena of 21-23lbs.

If you are ~18yrs+ and answer yes to both, then you might find it suitable to start at 23-25.

This is ball park figures - it will be much easier for someone that can see you play to advise you.

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hallo Alongwar,
    versuche mal die Yonex BG80 oder Victor VS 850. Habe beide bei 11kg gespielt. Ziemlich ähnliche und relativ dünne Saiten mit ordentlich Schmackes. Ansonsten bei 10kg einsteigen. Generell haben Werksaiten die Härte von etwa 9kg. Wenn du damit zufrieden warst, dann wähle eine dickere Seite mit etwa 0.7 mm oder eine dünnere und erhöhe auf 10kg. Palstikbälle sind mit richtiger Technik auch mit 11kg spielbar. Generell tendiere ich zur härteren Bespannung mit 11kg für Federn und so um die 9-10kg für Plastik mit grünem oder blauem Korb. Schönen Gruß aus Bochum.

ucantseeme

13. super64

super64 Regular Member

bag manufacturer, beverage distributions
    i strung mine at 25 lbs. no power GRRR :-( what if i strung it at 28 lbs. but i strung it once at 26 lbs. shoulder hurt alot . help me whats the right tension .

14. super64

super64 Regular Member

admin kwun pls give me ur knowledge . i strung mine at 26 lbs. yonex nano 95 my shoulder hurt alot . i step down 1 lbs. using AP101 li ning no power . what will happen if i do it at 28 lbs and what string should i use u think ? This BS10 is getting on my nerves i cant get the right combination . this didnt happen on my yonex muscle power 25 .

15. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    If you already hurt your shoulder using 26 lbs, then you shouldnt even think about going higher tension. If you can get any power from 25lbs, then is either you

a) need to get your technique right or
    b) lower your tension even more or
    c) perhaps both.

16. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Yonex Muscle power 25 is rated as medium stiff. Bravesword 10 is much stiffer. Not even taking into consideration any balance point differences, at the same string tension the BS10 is going to be harder on your shoulder and take more effort to get power. -Silver- is right in suggesting stringing several pounds lower than what you are used to. It's worth the effort to protect your shoulder. Best of luck.

#16 Fidget, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  17. super64

super64 Regular Member

thanks but when i strung it at 25 lbs. the strings goes sloppy loose always . did the stringer messed up?

18. super64

super64 Regular Member

pls check out my open follow question

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

25 lbs should never feel "sloppy loose". Perhaps you did get a bad job.:(

20. super64

super64 Regular Member

tnx fidget ill have it re strung and see what happens.