buy a new stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jamesxie63, Nov 25, 2010.

1. jamesxie63

jamesxie63 Regular Member

agent
    hi, everybody: before i decide to open a badminton store i would like to buy a new electronic stringing machine to start as most stringing machine comes with a manual or dvd to teach you how to string. i can use this machine to string my badminton racquet for practice and also save money( i broke my strings frequently). do you guys have any recommendation for a good value stringing machine, i mean good quality and reasonable price). thank you. james

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what is a reasonable price? you can get anything from a decent Eagnas machine as a base for say $800 and then add a WISE tension head, or go with something really nice like the Victor electronic for $3xxx. it really depends on your budget.

3. jamesxie63

agent
    thank you kwun. $3000 is ok as long as it's good quality and easy to use. by the way what's the model no. thanks.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  5. jamesxie63

agent
    thank you again. two more question. besides stringing machine, are there accessories i need to buy? what are they? and does this machine include a manual or dvd to teach me how to string? thank you.

6. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

I agree with kwun, the victor machines are rated quite high, but if you're planning on stringing other style of racquets you may want to consider other brands such as Silent Partner which is sold in Toronto or Mutual Power...the two are rather similar in style. Also, as Kwun mentioned, the WISE2086 is a great addition.

Accessories, string mover, some flying clamps (although so far, I prefer fixed clamps myself), good diagonal cutters and some small needle nose pliers.

There are a few videos online to get you started, but I don't think there is a step-by-step manual on stringing.

Unless anyone knows of one haha :D :D

Good luck...where in Toronto are you planning on opening your shop? Are you planning on selling other items as well?

7. jamesxie63

agent
    i checked some related websites and found silent partner opus for $2000,mutual power ATLAS9600 for $1000. compared to the victor7030, which one do you recommend? also victor has a new model 7031, is it much improved or just more expensive? thank you.

8. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Well I believe a few stringers here use the OPUS so perhaps a forum search will help you james...

As for the Atlas, not sure anyone here has that, I personally have the MP titan7700 with the WISE...and I LOVE it...it cost me $1100 in total and I think it's a great combination.

However, the Victor is what it is...

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This is might not be my business, but I think if you do want to open up a store, you may not need the best electronic machine on the very 1st day. It takes time for you to build your customer base, and it takes quite some practice to get your own string skill level to an acceptable level. My suggestion is to save some $$$, and start with a decent crank machine (which can easily save you hundreds, if not thousands). Once your skill improved, and getting more and more customers, then you can consider move up to a good electronic machine. You can either sell the crank as 2nd hand, or simply keep it as the 2nd / backup machine.

The stringer's skill counts a lot of more than whatever machine you use. :)

10. jamesxie63

agent
    thank you. which brand crank machine do you recommend?

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Gamma, SP Tennis and Mutual Power get good crank system. The key are the shoulder supports and the side arm adjustments.

The Victor C-7027 is also a very choice.