Team INA for London Olympics 2012

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by badMania, Nov 26, 2010.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The Asian Games is over and to be honest, Team INA is lucky to win 1 Gold from the independent pair of Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan. All of the National Team Players, except for Mohd Ahsan failed to reach SF of the Individual Event. The performance of the women players were the worst of the lot, with most losing as early as the first match. This is indeed a worrying situation as the Olympics qualifying period loom nearer.

Who can INA rely on (in particular, the National Team players) to qualify for the London Olympics? It's going to be a tough and gruelling process and obviously need some tactical planning. I still remember how Jo Novita/Greysia Polii lost out on qualifying for Beijing as the Russian pair pipped them through participating in an International Challenge tourney!

Who are the players that will most likely qualify? Let's take about the independent players first. If there's no drastic change in form and no retirement from the current batch of players (including Taufik), I will expect these players to qualify:

MS - Taufik Hidayat
    MD - Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan

In addition, if Hendra A. Gunawan is still pairing up with Vita Marissa and the younger pairs from the National Team still cannot beat them, these 2 players will probably qualify too in XD.

As for the National Team players, these players will definitely be fighting for the remaining spots:

MS - Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Simon Santoso, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka -- they have to be ranked in the top 8 to qualify.

WS - Adriyanti Firdasari and Maria Febe Kusumastuti -- it's likely that only 1 will qualify.

MD - Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan, Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro, Rendy Sugiarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan - the later two are unlikely to reach the top 8, but they should be given enough opportunities to prove themselves! Bona/Ahsan are likely to be fighting for a spot with the independent pair of Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra.

WD - Meiliana Jauhari/Greysia Polii and Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Shendy Puspa Irawati -- Mel/Grace are likely to qualify but Nitya/Shendy will have a short time to prove that they can be counted as a good 2nd pair.

XD - Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir, Fran Kurniawan Teng/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet, Mohd Rijal/Debby Santoso -- Towi/Butet should qualify, but Fran/Pia and Rijal/Debby will be involved in a tough 3 way fight against AG/Vita.

These 21 players should also be the core of the First-Team of the National Squad.

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

MS
    Hayom(I think he will play here) and Simon.

WS
    Despite MKY will back to Djarum next year, i still believe she will represent INA in London.. I hope in Djarum she can gain back her OB 2008 confidence and so many people say she just has no motivation now due to her knee injure.
    Her rank now out of 50.
    If in fit condition,i believe in one and half year she CAN boost up her ranking,and qualify to London.
    hmm
    but im not sure if she qualified,pbsi will allow her to play. :mad: :mad:

MD
    Kido/Hendra(guarantee)
    Bona/Ahsan.
    can Angga/Rian catch up in 1 year??

WD
    Greys/Meiliana(Guarantee).
    Another should be shendy/nitya or suci/della.
    It will be great if Suci/Dela will play at london,now they are still around 17,and in 2012 they only 19 y.o.
    Their rank now is already top 40.

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

XD
    Tontowi/Lilyana (Guarantee).

Nah,now hard to predict which pair will accompany towi/lilyana..
    Is it Fran/Pia,Rijal/Debby or the new pair Devin/Shendy?

but i hope INA can qualified 3 pairs in XD..Hehehe :p :p

I think the independet pairs like hendra/vita,kido/lita,etc...wont play at london olympic..IMO

#3 miksss, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

My feeling say April and MKY will go to London..

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

since coach split nitya and shendy,most likely this pair wont play at london olympics,
    maybe other pair wiil be the substitute,probably nitya/anneke.

#5 miksss, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  6. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I've heard from TV a few years ago, that last Beijing Olympics is his last participation in OG. But I'm not sure.
    Is it right? I've ever read from official website of BWWF that each a country have opportunity to send player/pair in maximum 3 if they the 3 player/pairs is in the top 4 or 2 if 1 in top 4 and rest in top 8/10 (?) or 1 if in top 32 CMIIW.

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I think in XD department we should consider NW/VM duet ,since they are both now independent players.

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yeah, but i confidence with Towi/Butet & Fran/Pia.
    Rijal/Debby still yoyo-ing. Still one and half year to go, lets see their progress.

9. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

You are right about having a maximum of 3 players for single event(38 places).
    3 places if they are all ranked 1-4.
    2 places if they are ranked 1-16.

For doubles, the pool is relatively smaller (16 pairs), so only 2 pairs are allowed if they are ranked 1-8.

See below:

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=22692

10. thelawnet

thelawnet Regular Member

I just wonder if anyone can offer advice about tickets for the Olympics, as we were hoping to watch Indonesian players in action, but the ticket sale ends tonight.

Preliminary rounds for all (MS, WS, XD, MD, WD) is 28 July - 31 July and there are three sessions (sold separately) each day.
    On 1 August there are three sessions (these are on the website, my guesses for breakdown of matches by session):
    am 2 XD QF, 2 MS R16, 2 WS R16
    pm 2 XD QF, 4 MS R16, 4 WS R16
    eve all 4 wd QF, 2 MS R16, 2 WS R16

2 August
    am - all 4 md QF
    pm - all 4 ws QF, 2 XD SF
    eve - all 4 ms QF, 2 WD SF

3 aug
    am 2 WS SF, XD bronze
    pm 2 MS SF, XD gold (*)

4 aug
    am 2 md SF, wd bronze
    pm ws bronze, ws gold, wd gold (*)

5 aug
    am ms bronze, md bronze
    pm ms gold, md gold (*)

Any thoughts? The 2nd August evening session has the best 8 men and best 4 women. But I don't really know.

The ticket prices are £95/£65/£45/£30 (by seat quality), but £150/£95/£65/£45 for the gold medal sessions (starred)

11. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Ooo... One year again?! I wish tradition gold medal for team INA Badminton can be continued in OG 2012...

12. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

I hope Indonesia will at least get one gold in the next olympic