any place for a tourist to play

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by nishant, Nov 27, 2010.

1. nishant

nishant Regular Member

Hi all
    Somehow these days am tripping on badminton and mental fitness as in yoga.
    And,
    It just occurred to me that it would be great to play for a couple of days with someone of different nationality.
    as i would be visiting Singapore as a tourist for 4 days this Jan.
    I think i am decent player(32yrs old) with fine club level skills and i love playing singles don't mind double though.

The whole idea of playing with a player of different nationality is just so intriguing.
    don't want to sound rude but am ready to pay a fee if required.
    Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks all

2. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
  3. nishant

nishant Regular Member

thx buddy....Arriving in Singapore on 1jan(sat) so sunday seems gr8....will be staying in orchard street.
    the only thing which worries me is the time.
    Just googled in the directions and distance seems like 20km don't know much about the traffic though....will it be crowded?
    just wanted to save time as there are so many things to do in Singapore :) Sim lim, clrake quay...for starters
    Would appreciate if you could suggest any place close by to orchard street.
    Thanks for everything.

4. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
    Depends on where you plan to head to & where your interest lies.

If you plan to buy IT goods you head to Sim Lim Square (start from Level6). For nightlife, go to Clarke Quay. Go for a spin at the Singapore Flyer or get to the top of the Marina Bay Sands for a picturesque view of the Singapore skyline. Since you are from India, you shouldnt miss our 24-hr Mustafa Centre at Little India where like minds converge and shop together.

All these are not very far from Orchard Road where you will be putting up. You will still need to take some public transport to get around these areas.

5. nishant

nishant Regular Member

Thx dude....you said it ...have planned everything accordingly. don't wanna go to mustafa though as it is really crowded and reminds of southern india.
    Will be staying in hilton on orchard road. plan to commute by taxi or maybe Mrt...do let me know of any night clubs which plays good house music, if not a problem......but playing badminton with a good or above average player is still priority. As i have a tournament coming up this jan.
    BTW just wanna thank you for the Singapore flyer and the top floor of marina bay sands. cheers