Chou Tien Chen - Chinese Taipei's MS Talent

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Guangzhou Asian Games 2010
    Badminton - CHOU Tien Chen - Biography

Birth Date: 08/01/1990
    Height ( m / in): 1.80/5'10''
    Weight ( Kg / lbs): 78/172

http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG/ZB/ZBB101A_BD@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG_number=288552.htm

This must be the first time I saw this talented young man from Taiwan play in a big tournament such as the recently concluded Guangzhou Asian Games. Hitherto it was Taiwan's No.1 Hsieh Yu-hsing that I got used to seeing but I can't remember him winning any majors.

It was during the AG quarterfinals when Chou met CHN's No.2 Chen Jin and he gave a good account of himself particularly in the first game when he tied CJ 19-all, but eventually lost the next two points and the second game as well 14-21. Considering his lack of exposure to the international stage, he has done very well.

But during R32, he shocked INA's Sony Dwi Kuncoro with a 21-13, 14-21, 21-17 scoreline. And he went on to beat Kazushi Yamada 21-15 in both games during R16 before his expected defeat by CJ.

Chou is strong and stable with polished skills. He is handsome and has a good height and build. Both his style and demeanour is not unlike the likeable and boyish-looking Boonsak of Thai fame. Indeed this is a welcome men's singles contribution from Chinese Taipei after the unlucky Hsieh. And if he trains hard enough, he could be the next great happening to sparkle the badminton world.

I hope to see more of him in action. ;)

Attached Files:

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Fantastic talent..... good well develop into a very good player.
    Has a very attacking game, now he just needs to add some strategy into his game. :)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i saw him in this yr's U.S. Open..he didn't leave me with much impression (as he played both the MS & MD events)..but has the built, raw talent and age is definitely on his side..let's see what comes of him in the next few yrs..