User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shin Baek Cheol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even though this is not KSH thread , but he's definitely got potential if he's more aggressive in his outlook. He's just too nice, out of all the KOR MD players.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I see what you’re saying, but I’m of a different opinion… when under pressure, LYD does play a lot of cross-courts defensive shots on both forehand and backhand… in-to-out or not….

But as you say, mostly he would lift them. I don’t think it’s because he can’t play like SBC, but he might be playing the percentage game, “lifting it” is perhaps the safer shot to play… there's probably an element of psychology involved in this shot as it is frustrating and tiring for the smasher to repeatedly get high lifts back.

Lee’s weakness is in areas beyond his immediate reach, otherwise defensively, in my book, he is second to none. There are others that are also good in this department, Shin, Endo, Hayakawa to name a few, but being able to get incredible attacking shots back is one thing, having the ability to do it consistently, effortlessly and effectively is another. And for me, LYD has this ability in abundance…
    I would have agreed if I didn't watch SBC's games this year. Especially during WC he was too good, his defense usually forces the opponent to play a difficult shot since he keeps it flat but out of the way from the frontcourt player usually. The fact that SBC/KSH beat YYS/LYD at WC just makes it clear that they have no fear. The commentators bashed KSH so hard that day, but damn did they both shine.

Also, I think Mark is biased because SBC uses TK9000.

I think people gave LYD too much credit, he doesn't seem to play as well as he used to.

Even though SBC/KSH lost this match, this was a great rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fLxgcuvPw#t=21m49

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    I would have agreed if I didn't watch SBC's games this year. Especially during WC he was too good, his defense usually forces the opponent to play a difficult shot since he keeps it flat but out of the way from the frontcourt player usually. The fact that SBC/KSH beat YYS/LYD at WC just makes it clear that they have no fear. The commentators bashed KSH so hard that day, but damn did they both shine.

Also, I think Mark is biased because SBC uses TK9000.

I think people gave LYD too much credit, he doesn't seem to play as well as he used to.

Even though SBC/KSH lost this match, this was a great rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fLxgcuvPw#t=21m49
    I was so annoyed that the other MD group match was the one televised - this one was far superior (and went the distance!).

If you think I'm biased to Shin because of his racket... maybe I shouldn't get the JS10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know why Ko Sung Hyun is playing with Sol Kyu Choi?

First I thought maybe Shin has to concentrate on MX but canīt find him in any of the next three tournaments (German, All Englang, Swiss Open)...?!

Any news?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably BKA experimenting with partnerships and pushing their youngest most successful juniors by giving them experience with one of the most senior players before the big run up to Rio with their normal partnerships.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB@TB Em View Post
    Does anyone know why Ko Sung Hyun is playing with Sol Kyu Choi?

First I thought maybe Shin has to concentrate on MX but canīt find him in any of the next three tournaments (German, All Englang, Swiss Open)...?!

Any news?
    I'm sure Shin is injured - he had to retire from a couple of tournaments last year. I doubt very much that the Koreans would split a WC pair after one year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auspicious start for Ko and Choi, though. They beat both Endo/Hayakawa and Hashimoto/Hirata in Jeju last weekend.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Auspicious start for Ko and Choi, though. They beat both Endo/Hayakawa and Hashimoto/Hirata in Jeju last weekend.
    Do you have link to the videos of these matches?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They only just missed Endo/Hayakawa in the AE draw. If they meet there, it'll be QF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Do you have link to the videos of these matches?
    I doubt there is any video of the match. It was a non-televised bi-national friendly between Korea and Japan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt there is any video of the match. It was a non-televised bi-national friendly between Korea and Japan.
    Sorry to interrupt here. Anyway from my observation, Ko Sung Hyun and Choi Sol Kyu just doesn't click. Imagine they got knocked out by an unranked Indonesia men doubles during the recent German Open 2015. Wow this is so shocking! Actually I don't see any future if these two players still continue to play together. Can someone explain here why Ko Sung Hyun and Shin Baek Cheol spilt? I mean I don't see Shin Baek Cheol being registered for any tournaments this year. Why? I feel so sad to see Shin Baek Cheol missing in action lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't SBC injured?

At least that's from what I know...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ko Sung Hyun told Badzine that Shin Baek Cheol was out with a knee injury. Sports Donga reported that Shin had to do a 4-week basic training for the military. That is something that Lee Hyun Il had to do years ago, too, even though both men had earned exemptions from their military service. It doesn't explain his absence from the Korean League playoffs in December, though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ko Sung Hyun told Badzine that Shin Baek Cheol was out with a knee injury. Sports Donga reported that Shin had to do a 4-week basic training for the military.
    Turns out both were true He only did four weeks because of the Asian Games success, but Ian Wiright commented during the MAS Open that he had a minor injury that he was trying to shift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Turns out both were true He only did four weeks because of the Asian Games success, but Ian Wiright commented during the MAS Open that he had a minor injury that he was trying to shift.
    I'm just hoping everything gets ironed out by May... And then we're underway lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope to see him playing soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esppy View Post
    I'm just hoping everything gets ironed out by May... And then we're underway lol
    Theoretically it should be before that. He is entered in next week's Asian Championships in both men's and mixed doubles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3