User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    There is always pros and cons when hire foreign coaches or bringing another local coaches...it does not mater as long as good result is being produced.
    I remembered when REXY or Hendrawan was hired, same concern also happened in MAS badminton...there is nothing new here..just accept that our badminton report is not that great at the moment....mis management as those militaries guys does not know about badminton...plus others to make it complicated "gado gado"..it should be simple..at least it is coordinated...woever hires in the jobs, should pur PBSI as first priority, not the club's interests...period!!
    anyway, we should look into the bright side,

this sponsor maybe doing a favor to indonesia badminton.

what worst could go wrong, rudy. lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, that *akhem*, unfortunately is not involved....no hunch here..
    ..i know..

A bit off topic:
    About INA's past great players being dominant because they were coached or trained by local coaches or system, keep in mind their success was partly due to CHN being absent in international competition. It wasn't til 1974, when CHN decided to send their players to compete in international tourneys and we all know what has been the result. It's also partly due to the so called "INA Golden generation", from the late 80s to late 90s. Whereupon, the earlier mention of Liang Chu Xiang, being one of the foreign coaches for INA & the legend Tang Xianhu were part of the INA success during that period (as he coached players like Alan Budikusuma, Ardy Wiranata, and Hariyanto Arbi).
    I'm a believer that a succesful player is a result of mostly his/her talent & hard work and partly coaching. Thus having Li Mao around doesn't guarantee INA Singles players (men or women) will rise up and all of the sudden challenge CHN's dominance. But at the very least, they're willing to try out other options & coaches and perhaps the new coach (Li Mao) can spur a new attitude within the younger players...we shall see what comes with his presence, in the next almost 2 yrs, leading up to the 2012 OG..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-06-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    We then need to look at Li Mao's standpoint. Is Li Mao working for Pak Ferry, or for PBSI?
    Psss, remember or not when Hendrawan was hired by Msia, Hauge said the funds is from "3rd party" but thru BAM lah. Hendrawan's contract I think is with BAM, how BAM deal or answer to the "3rd party" dunno lah. I suppose Li Mao & PBSI case can also be that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always pros and cons when hire foreign coaches or bringing another local coaches...it does not mater as long as good result is being produced.
    I remembered when REXY or Hendrawan was hired, same concern also happened in MAS badminton...there is nothing new here..just accept that our badminton report is not that great at the moment....mis management as those militaries guys does not know about badminton...plus others to make it complicated "gado gado"..it should be simple..at least it is coordinated...woever hires in the jobs, should pur PBSI as first priority, not the club's interests...period!!
    I remembered the enthusiasm when Pak Djoko took office as PBSI head...I guess everything just went downhill since then....

Still scratching head why on earth PBSI let Tang sifu and Liang Chiu Xia go....after all the results they produced....aihhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Pak Ferry Stewart?

Hmm.....looks complicated though if he joins PBSI without using PBSI money. Who's in charge of who then in MS?
    But I do support the decision of Li Mao coaching the WS players! Marleve is probably one of the reason why our WS players are so underperforming!
    No, different Ferry! Not Ferry Steward of East Java...

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Still scratching head why on earth PBSI let Tang sifu and Liang Chiu Xia go....after all the results they produced....aihhh
    From what I understand, Tang Xianhu actually wanted to coach in Indonesia forever. He also wanted to take care of his aging mother (who still lived in Semarang) at that time... So, he applied for an Indonesian citizenship. Some sources said Coach Tang (wrongly) trusted the Vice-President of PBSI (of the time) to take care of his citizenship issue for him... He gave away Rp 300 million to the Vice-President to 'solve' the issue. But...... nothing came out of it, and he just lost a huge chunk of his savings. That Vice-President was: A. B. ...... The broken-hearted Coach Tang was forced to return to China. Later, he got a new pupil called Lin Dan..... and you all know the rest of the story...

As for Liang Chuxia... I do not know much about her story...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Yes, but you did not mentioned if its channel through PBSI or independently. There is a big difference in that.
    I agree. It is best that the salary of Li Mao is split. PBSI should pay him equal to any of the current top coach of PBSI... if Pak Ferry wants to give him additional money, then that's an issue between Li Mao and Pak Ferry.

Note: Djarum, Tangkas, and (probably) Jaya Raya... all still give additional money to the coaches of the National Team who are part of their own club.

So this Pak Ferry is now bigger than PBSI, he can say here's the $$$ but get me Li Mao??? And then PBSI says: Sure as you wish SIR!! Well to be honest its not my business, and there is nothing illegal in that
    This Pak Ferry is not THAT powerful compared to the 5-star general, Joko Santoso.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    No, different Ferry! Not Ferry Steward of East Java...

From what I understand, Tang Xianhu actually wanted to coach in Indonesia forever. He also wanted to take care of his aging mother (who still lived in Semarang) at that time... So, he applied for an Indonesian citizenship. Some sources said Coach Tang (wrongly) trusted the Vice-President of PBSI (of the time) to take care of his citizenship issue for him... He gave away Rp 300 million to the Vice-President to 'solve' the issue. But...... nothing came out of it, and he just lost a huge chunk of his savings. That Vice-President was: A. B. ...... The broken-hearted Coach Tang was forced to return to China. Later, he got a new pupil called Lin Dan..... and you all know the rest of the story...

As for Liang Chuxia... I do not know much about her story...

Liang I think was the sister of Tjun Tjun.They met again after many years of separation when she returned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..so, any further details on his new contract to coach the INA team? how long is the deal? how much per month is his salary? specific MS or WS players he'll be coaching? or he will oversee the MS and WS dept.?..

*sorry, i made a typo in above post: should read Liang Chiu Xia instead of Liang Chu Xiang..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite complicated now....very messy for now

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been told that Li Mao is in Jakarta with Yang Yang...(not sure if it is true or not)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow...yang yang training indonesia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a pity Taufik has left national team. If he is coached under Li Mao, he can still be the top players like Lin Dan and lee chong wei.

http://badmintonclip.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronhor View Post
    It is a pity Taufik has left national team. If he is coached under Li Mao, he can still be the top players like Lin Dan and lee chong wei.

Its not that simple. As TH said in the interview, he likes to have a father and son relationship with his coach. LCW also said that no matter whos the coach is MAS players need to start to do it for themself. In short, coach only contribute maybe 50%??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not that simple. As TH said in the interview, he likes to have a father and son relationship with his coach. LCW also said that no matter whos the coach is MAS players need to start to do it for themself. In short, coach only contribute maybe 50%??
    50%? that's pretty high. This is enough for TH to do much better than now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronhor View Post

credit should still be given to taufik's coach

he has brought taufik to where he is now.

i don't think li mao can't transform taufik closer to lcw or lin dan.

only taufik himself knows better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    credit should still be given to taufik's coach

he has brought taufik to where he is now.

i don't think li mao can't transform taufik closer to lcw or lin dan.

only taufik himself knows better

closer to lin dan probably not...but lcw?taufik has achieved everything lcw hasnt, and what most probably lcw will never have under his belt...OG WC AG...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People change, evolve, mature, and sometimes become worse than they used to be. Therefore, relationships can also change. Therefore attitudes and responses can also be different.

Here is my opinion: I don't expect Li Mao to be the same he was 10 or 12 years ago. I would not expect great things from him. In fact, I may expect a lot of negativity and dissatisfaction to be caused with his entry; he has never in recent years projected the energy of a binding force, rather a bit of a divisive force. I hope I am wrong, because I really want the best for INA badminton.

If PBSI really want to take a leaf out of CBA training techniques, it is staring them in the face. A very experienced, "old-school" coach who has great insight and patience, together with a really young, intelligent and constantly aware coach. A team effort. The trick would be to find 2 such people who have enough mutual respect for the other's capabilities, and can compliment each other, and are happy to work together.

Again, I hope I am wrong about Li Mao.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast