Where you have to stand during serve

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by DeF-Jordan, Dec 3, 2010.

1. DeF-Jordan

DeF-Jordan Regular Member

so i was playing a doubles game with my friends when i challenged him that i could take on his smash and that i would get back even if the service rules for doubles was applied (the doubles service line in the back) so i took my clearing postion like i usaully do which was the center of my service court and i served to my surprise he didn't hit it he called a service fault he told me that there was a rule that my foot has to be close to the center line now i've been serving like that for a long time in singles and even in doubles just for the fun of it but i've never been faulted so my question is Does your foot have to be close to the center line everytime you serve?

take note this is my frist post =D and i have looked already for any threads simular to this but they didn't provide the info needed and yeeaa ^-^

2. visor

visor Regular Member

You can stand anywhere you want in your service court to serve, as long as you don't stand on the line.

Google it in the laws of badminton.

3. DeF-Jordan

DeF-Jordan Regular Member

ohhh ok thanks i can go tell him but interesting note though, in the middle of the arguement he said it was a new rule .....?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha, its a new rule because he just made it up!

Here, see specifically section 9.1.2
    http://www.worldbadminton.com/rules/#9

Next time you play him, you may want to have all these rules printed out in your bag just in case he tries another fast one on you!