Info on Carlton Aerogear 700fx

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by madshuttle, Dec 4, 2010.

1. madshuttle

madshuttle New Member

Electrician
    I have been given a Carlton aerogear 700fx racket, which I am told is around 13 years old. I am wondering if anyone has any info, specs, play characteristics for this racket?
    Is it still acceptable to play with by toadays standards? Competitive with newer rackets?
    I am at beginner/intermediate level.

2. rlim701

rlim701 Regular Member

I'm still using this racket, though at times, I wonder if I can lift my game by getting a newer racket that can take a higher tension. What I like about this racket is its flexibility and quick response. I'm sure there are better rackets out there, but they are also quite pricey.

3. kevin.kga

kevin.kga Regular Member

Software Engineer
    imho, the 700FX is the best racket I have ever played with. Mine broke (in a racket collision) 13 years back and I never managed to find a racket that could equal it. Don't be fooled by the light frame: this racket can support very high tensions. Currently using the Wilson K-Tour (which is the closest resembling match to the 700FX) and the Arc Saber 10.

I just managed to find someone in the US who is willing to sell me his 700FX so I'm very excited and looking forward to it. I'd even be willing to buy some in good condition for £120 to £200 (the higher for a never used one).

Carlton should never have stopped making that FX series. IMHO they were awesome. The 800FX was used by Simon Archer to set a world record smash speed, the fastest racket sport smash ever (at the time).

P.S I had mine strung at around 24-25

4. chenjun1990

chenjun1990 Regular Member

Hello, I am not sure if you are still looking for Carlton Aerogear 700FX, but I am having one in very good condition for sell. Please take a look at this thread if you are interested in. Thanks!
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-aerogear-700fx-in-beatiful-condition.177963/

#4 chenjun1990, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  5. chenjun1990

chenjun1990 Regular Member

This used to be a very popular racket and pretty rare in today's market. It is solid and definitely still playable in club levels. I just strung it at @25lb using Yonex NBG98 and there is no problem at all. Here is the specifications I measured for anyone who is interested in it:

Balance Point (with string and grip): 302mm (slightly head heavy)
    Weight (with string and grip): 88g (4U)
    Shaft (1 - 5 scale): 4 (slight stiff)

I am having one for sell. Check this thread for more details: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-aerogear-700fx-in-beatiful-condition.177963/