Buying rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lindanftw, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

Currently im deciding on a new racket from direct sports eshop, either the z slash or the voltric 70. If i choose the free restring will they repaint the yonex logo on it or what? and also what strings come with them? Also does anyone know how to get the demo services on those rackets from that site or any others??

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why don't you ask them!?

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The Logo doesnt really effect the racket

4. ed103194

ed103194 Regular Member

actually the stencil ink will make your strings more grippy, this may be helpful if you have slippery strings such as nanogy95,98,bg68ti

5. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

Battle of the Giants: ARCSABER Z SLASH VS VOLTRIC 70!!! Which one for me or you?!

Im deciding which one to get but i really dont know!! I actually do prefer headlight but i realize that most good rackets are head heavy and when i tested the zslash (usually this is the other way around for most people) i instantly adpated to it and outdapted my current racket! I havent been able to test the voltric but ive heard even if its headheavy it defneds really well and theres no drag or swaying because of that weight in the head! Im kinda leaning towads the voltric70 cuz its new and i just want to step into adventureland yknow and leave the soon to be old zslash.. Help pls/ Im probably getting it from directsportseshop and ill get it maybe restrung to the BG80 depending on which string it comes with (it may be the BG65Ti in which case ill just leave it cuz i dont think the voltric will look good with those yellow string but if the zslash i will upgrade, its free) and i lik my string tension at the highest it can be so the recommended just at 24Lb and i gues il pick the supergrap red for the free grip pack. Pls comment and help!

6. drew tze en

I didnt know that wow!

7. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

im also considering the acrsaber 8DX

8. drew tze en

Arcsaber Z Slash !!

9. Lindanftw

Lindanftw Regular Member

what about the voltric? i think thats the one im going to get!! also i found out they supply it with the BG65Ti, u can choose to upgrade to BG80 but only in yellow, thatll look ugly and the BG65Ti's are quite good so i think ill stick to em what you guys think? Upgrade for better but ugly yellow BG80 (doesnt suit the voltric at all) or stay with the BG65Ti, which are pretty good strings and in white

10. drew tze en

Well I think get the Arcsaber Z Slash because it is good for attacking players and it is cuts through the air
    I'll go with the Arcsaber Z Slash ALL THE WAY !!
    I love the Arcsaber Z Slash !!! :D

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

(004) Yellow looks good on everything [​IMG] (except MP99 :p)

12. drew tze en

haha
    Does it matter what colour the string is ?
    does is effect your play ?

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

maybe you should look consider Bravesword 10 ? Fast, light, stiff.:) and looks good with most colour strings, if that is important to you :)

14. drew tze en

Do you like Victor ?

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

do you like the Z Slash ?:p yes I do like Victor, I also like Yonex (without the PR rubbish) Li Ning, Carlton, etc etc

BS10 is a good racket, fast and good for doubles.:)

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Not all good rackets are head heavy. NS9900, the best racket ever is a head light :)

Here's what i think about Arc Z and VT70:

I own an Arc Z and tried VT70 when its just released.
    Speed: Arc Z = 8, VT70 = 8.5
    Power: Here's the tricky one, if you can use Arc Z then IMO its more powerfull than VT70. However i found its easier to produce power using VT70.
    Feel/Solidness: Arc Z = 8.5, VT70 = 7
    Single or double: Arc Z = single, VT70 = doubles
    Stiffness: it felt VT70 is stiffer than Arc Z, however that can due to the shorter shaft.
    BP: it felt like Arc Z is more head heavy than VT, but again that can due to the longer shaft of the Arc Z
    Overall weight: it felt like the VT70 is lighter
    Colour and design: Arc Z is either you hate it or love it. VT70 = dull and boring :)

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I just wanna share my opinion with you guys. i am more or less agreed with Yoppy opinion.

Power
    If you are really get used to Arc Z, it will produce stronger smash than VT70, however the frame design of Arc Z which is like semi ISO & Oval makes the sweet spot smaller therefore it makes hitting the sweet spot and hence produce a good smash consistently quite difficult IMO. On the other hand the frame design of VT70 which is quite unique on which some areas in the frame have different thickness than others makes the swing speed faster than normal ISO and still has head heaviness feel when conducting smashes which you may experience while using AT900P.

Defense
    Again the frame design of Arc Z and VT 70 makes a difference in this department. The smaller frame of Arc Z makes it more demanding than using VT70. The swing speed is more or less the same.

Control
    It depends in the intensity of training that the respective player has put on, while string type & string tension, is a matter of time to find your desired ones.

Conclusion
    IMO the frame design of VT70 makes a smash able to generate head heaviness feel with a fast swing speed. On the other hand while defending VT70 is quite fast and feels like a head light racket when defending. Thats why i say unique.

In this review i don't think that VT70 is superior than Arc Z or the other way around, again all that matters is the intensity of training that the player has put on from the beginning.

Note : in this mini share of thoughts i use Arcsaber Z slash 3U JP, VT70 4U JP, AT900P 4U JP as references. All strung with BG66M @ around 26-27 Lbs.

I wish you can buy both at once and decide on your own;)
    If not, whatever racket you end up with, just spend your time to get the feeling of it. I usually borrow the same racket from my friend to test different string tension and string type & i will modify mine if think it suits me.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Both the ARC Z and AT70 have identical shaft diameter and length and overall racket length. Both have identical slim cross-section dimensions on the lower part of the frame, which is ideal for fast swing speed especially around the T joint area. However, the AT70 has thicker cross-section dimensions on the upper part of the frame which has minimal adverse impact on swing speed but will aid in power generation.
    The VT70 is more stable as it generates less sideway oscillations which means it is more solid and focussed at all times. The ARC spins more on its axis with even a slight off-center hit.
    Both rackets have very long and slim shafts, which are the usual design for aggressive singles players. However, these two rackets can also be used for doubles.

19. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

*whispers* I think he likes the z-slash!

Thanks for that, was not aware of any of this.

#19 PopsiclePete, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  20. drew tze en

I like the Arcsaber Z Slash