User Tag List

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painful. Try as they might, they couldn't get over the line. Probably more painful for them than us spectators/fans.
    If they had taken the first set, the match would have been totally different. Nonetheless, thy gave a good account of themselves and fought all the way.
    Now, if only KKK/TBH was watching and taking some lessons about playing with heart and fighting all the way.
    CPS/GLY, the job is not over. You two can only get better from here. We support you.
    CPS/GLY Boleh!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeShuttler View Post
    I would agree that they are not on their best form. The fact is, ZN/ZYL and LYD/HJE also can lose because they are not on their best form. I don't think any player/pair can always be on top form in every tournament that they play in. If they can play consistently at 80-85% of their full capabilities
    in most tournaments, they would be doing well. And as they say, if you can win even when not on best form, that's the hallmark of champions!

My personal feeling is that GLY is the more stable and consistent part of the partnership. Even when she received the flick serves, she was not too troubled by it. If there is one thing that she can improve on, I would say that perhaps she can improve on her defence and perhaps build up more power to be able to play from the back of the court, which Liliyana and Ma Jin does pretty well. Ma Jin's defence is really something to behold, and she often turns it into a counterattack.
    But GLY's attacking play, deception, one-touch play, net play, service are all pretty darn good. That's not to say it cannot improve, but it would be less of a priority.

CPS on the other hand, is a lot more mobile and has more smashing power, but he does not have much variation in his game. His smashes need to be more penetrative. Power alone is not enough, it neds to be more effective. Few times against Adcock/Bankier, when CPS smashes, it was turned into a counterattack by Adcock/Bankier. He also makes more unforced errors than GLY. Quite disappointing actually.
    I believe that in order for the pair to go one notch higher, CPS needs to step up a level.
    Either that, or find a better male partner for GLY, which I have mentioned previously in another post.
    Spot on.........for what u have mentioned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday March 11, 2012
    Chan-Goh suffer frustrating loss to Indonesian mixed pair
    ALL-ENGLAND BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIPS
    NATIONAL INDOOR ARENA, BIRMINGHAM

MIXED doubles pair Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying walked out with frustration written all over their faces.
    They knew they blew their chance of becoming the first Malaysian mixed pair to reach the final of the All-England after going down fighting 25-27, 16-21 to Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir at the National Indoor Arena yesterday.
    It was their third defeat to the Indonesians but it will go into the record as the closest one.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying had set up a clash with Tantowi-Lilyana after their spectacular win over home favourites Chris Adcock-Imogen Bankier of England on Friday.
    Then, Liu Ying, who took pain killers for her back problem, overcame the pain barrier to form a lethal partnership with Peng Soon for a 21-16, 15-21, 21-17 win over the English pair. Yesterday though, Peng Soon-Liu Ying just could not nick it although they played with much passion and determination to win.
    And Peng Soon was a shattered man.
    “I feel bad because we had a chance out there today. We should have won the opening game and that would have changed the outcome,” lamented Peng Soon.
    It was a thrilling opening match but one that the Malaysians will rue for a long time. Both pairs locked horns from the start and when the Indonesians pulled away at 16-13 and 20-18, the stubborn Malaysians just refused to give up.
    A ding dong battle followed and the Malaysians even had the advantage at 25-24 but failed to capitalise.
    The Indonesians took charge in the second game but Peng Soon-Liu Ying did make a late comeback but it was all in vain with the World No. 4 romping home to a win.
    “We played too hastily in the end. We should have been calmer and tried to control the situation and not let our emotions get to us,” said Peng Soon.
    “Overall, it was still a good outing for us to come this far and hopefully, we will become more steady,” he said.
    Liu Ying was as heart-broken as Peng Soon.
    “I did not take a painkiller for my back today because I felt better but I could not play as well.
    “I did try my best but committed some silly mistakes,” said Liu Ying.
    “I will take some rest and re-look into this back problem. I will be playing in the Swiss Open and must be careful so that I will not get injured again,” she said.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SWOT analysis

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday March 11, 2012
    Chan-Goh suffer frustrating loss to Indonesian mixed pair
    ALL-ENGLAND BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIPS
    NATIONAL INDOOR ARENA, BIRMINGHAM

MIXED doubles pair Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying walked out with frustration written all over their faces.
    They knew they blew their chance of becoming the first Malaysian mixed pair to reach the final of the All-England after going down fighting 25-27, 16-21 to Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad-Lilyana Natsir at the National Indoor Arena yesterday.
    It was their third defeat to the Indonesians but it will go into the record as the closest one.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying had set up a clash with Tantowi-Lilyana after their spectacular win over home favourites Chris Adcock-Imogen Bankier of England on Friday.
    Then, Liu Ying, who took pain killers for her back problem, overcame the pain barrier to form a lethal partnership with Peng Soon for a 21-16, 15-21, 21-17 win over the English pair. Yesterday though, Peng Soon-Liu Ying just could not nick it although they played with much passion and determination to win.
    And Peng Soon was a shattered man.
    “I feel bad because we had a chance out there today. We should have won the opening game and that would have changed the outcome,” lamented Peng Soon.
    It was a thrilling opening match but one that the Malaysians will rue for a long time. Both pairs locked horns from the start and when the Indonesians pulled away at 16-13 and 20-18, the stubborn Malaysians just refused to give up.
    A ding dong battle followed and the Malaysians even had the advantage at 25-24 but failed to capitalise.
    The Indonesians took charge in the second game but Peng Soon-Liu Ying did make a late comeback but it was all in vain with the World No. 4 romping home to a win.
    “We played too hastily in the end. We should have been calmer and tried to control the situation and not let our emotions get to us,” said Peng Soon.
    “Overall, it was still a good outing for us to come this far and hopefully, we will become more steady,” he said.
    Liu Ying was as heart-broken as Peng Soon.
    “I did not take a painkiller for my back today because I felt better but I could not play as well.
    “I did try my best but committed some silly mistakes,” said Liu Ying.
    “I will take some rest and re-look into this back problem. I will be playing in the Swiss Open and must be careful so that I will not get injured again,” she said.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports
    Strengths to capitalise

CPS
    Fitness level, speed and power

GLY
    Net play, anticipation, mental strength

Weaknesses to improve:

CPS
    Low serve, mental strength, reading of the game, game strategy.defence

GLY
    backcourt strength (too weak compared to other girls), midcourt movements (need to intercept more in the sides in the mid court)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But overall, they showed a lot of courage and heart to handle the more fancied pairs..great improvement..they are still young..as long as the hunger is there. They have the potential to be one of the best, if not the best..Bravo!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope they will play well in Swiss Open...
    If they make it at least QF, they will gonna face the INA pair and eventual AE champion Towi/Butet (again)...!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should share notes with the other pairs on strength and weaknesses. Paste it big big when training. This should help. Once they can consistently be in qtr finals, then they are in the big league already. AE is the first so far from my point of view. They have 40% improvements to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to prove with more victory over pairs like MJ/XC, Thomas/Juhl and some Kor XDs......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st round cleared, one more match before reaching QF as gonna meet Towi/Butet for AE rematch...(will they?)...!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the best for this duo...Hope they'll meet Towi/Butet again Cant wait for the match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was just watching the video of the AE semi between CPS/GLY and Tantowi/natsir.

i noticed that the umpire got the service wrong at a very crucial point. CPS/GLY were 18-20 down in the first set. they won the next point and thus, GLY was serving 19-20. They won the next point again to level at 20-20. but instead of GLY continuing to serve, the umpire instructed CPS to serve instead!

One wonders if things would have been different if GLY was serving instead of CPS at 20-20.

i cant believe such a mistake can be made at such an important tournament and especially at such a crucial stage.

Here is the link that i saw the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhS_u...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPS does not have a stable low serve... wow... what a mistake has been made...! But even so, there's no guarantee that CPS/GLY would have gone on to win the game. They did hold several game points in that game though, so we shouldn't speculate so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPS does not have a stable low serve... wow... what a mistake has been made...! But even so, there's no guarantee that CPS/GLY would have gone on to win the game. They did hold several game points in that game though, so we shouldn't speculate so much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    i was just watching the video of the AE semi between CPS/GLY and Tantowi/natsir.

i noticed that the umpire got the service wrong at a very crucial point. CPS/GLY were 18-20 down in the first set. they won the next point and thus, GLY was serving 19-20. They won the next point again to level at 20-20. but instead of GLY continuing to serve, the umpire instructed CPS to serve instead!

One wonders if things would have been different if GLY was serving instead of CPS at 20-20.

i cant believe such a mistake can be made at such an important tournament and especially at such a crucial stage.

Here is the link that i saw the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhS_u...eature=related
    hmm... there is a problem when the score is 19-20. CPS should serve instead of GLY, because when the score is 18-20, GLY was in the right side, not left side, so, when they got the point (service over), CPS should serve. i agree, this is a mistake, but the mistake start at 19-20 when CPS should serve, not in 20-20.

i think the umpire realize his mistake so he instructed CPS to serve.
    if the match would have been different if GLY serve at 20-20, then the match would have been different also if CPS serve at 19-20. that's human. sometime make mistakes.

cmiiw

anyway, GLY look improves a lot, very good play.
    if some pairs is splitted after the olympic, this pair have a chance to break top 5... let see....
    Last edited by fathonezic; 03-15-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    anyway, GLY look improves a lot, very good play.
    if some pairs is splitted after the olympic, this pair have a chance to break top 5... let see....
    Looks like it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good effort and congratulations for getting a runner-up position at the Australian Open. Better luck next time, hopefully in the Malaysia GP Gold!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should be watching.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast