User Tag List

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    And again tonight they are up against xu chen ma jin...can they finally beat them???
    Based on their current form, CPS/GLY have to give extra commitment and discipline on court. Xu/Ma is currently on form

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that 5 consecutive point is from gly serve.
    it wont happen if cps were to serve that point!
    so if cps dont had a counselling session for his serve,this pair wont win any major title.
    they have the ability,but whenever cps serve,the point is free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's match shows the difference between a pair who is capable of winning majors(although they haven't yet) and a pair who can win Super Series titles but not majors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Today's match shows the difference between a pair who is capable of winning majors(although they haven't yet) and a pair who can win Super Series titles but not majors.
    Even though they are my fav Msia players,since long time ago I think they are not major title material

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats to Ah Soon/Ah Ying for reaching final
    of course hard fact...they are not major title material yet
    and as usual, Ah Ying's appearance outshone her yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do people keep saying GLY is pretty? Perhaps she's just not my type...anyway...despite their high world ranking....I would rate CPS/JFN a much better pair than them...I mean...the danes regularly beat chinese opponents while it's a different story for the M'sians...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPS also did admit they are nowhere a top mixed dobules pair yet..mainly due to their lack of experience.. well, even before their final yesterday, i can already foreseen the danish pair to win the title.. The semi final victory is just a pure luck imo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The top two: (From left) Malaysians Chan Peng Soon, Goh Liu Ying, Danes Christinna Pedersen and Joachim Fisher Nielsen posing after receiving their mixed doubles medals. The Danes won 21-13, 21-18.

THE stage was all set for mixed doubles pair Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying to win their first Malaysian Open title.With top pairs like China’s Xu Chen-Ma Jin and Zhang Nan-Zhao Yunlei
    and Indonesia’s Tontowi Ahmad-Liliyana Natsir not competing, and with a huge crowd to cheer them on, Peng Soon-Liu Ying had their best ever chance to win the title.Instead, they blew it.The top seeds and world No. 3, who had struggled since the first round, were once again insipid and timid as they lost to second seeds Joachim Fischer Nielsen-Christinna Pedersen 13-21, 18-21 in yesterday’s final.A combination of nerves and a lack of speed on court cost Peng Soon-Liu Ying dearly as they were swatted aside in the first game.The second game looked to be going the same way as the first as the Danes established a huge lead of 19-13.Peng Soon-Liu Ying, however, refused to give up and fought back to reduce the deficit to 19-18.The Danes, with all their experience, just did enough to snatch the last two points to deny the Malaysians the chance of ending the 50-year wait for a home title in the mixed doubles.
    Tan Aik Huang-Teoh Siew Yong were the last Malaysian pair to win the mixed title in 1963.Peng Soon attributed the defeat to nervousness and the pressure they put on themselves.“We gave ourselves too much pressure because we really wanted to win. We were all tensed up going into the match,” said Peng Soon.“It was not the best result we wanted but what’s done is done. Now, we have to get ready for the next tournament at the German Open (Feb 26-March 3),” he added.Liu Ying was apologetic for their dismal performance and for letting the crowd down.“It’s quite disappointing and I’m really sorry for letting the crowd and all those who supported us down,” said Liu Ying. “We really did not play our best in this tournament and there is no excuse for that.”Pedersen was delighted that they managed to find their form at the right moment.
    “I’m really happy with the win because Peng Soon-Liu Ying played a good tournament up to the final. They also had the home crowd backing them,” said Pedersen.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...944&sec=sports

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Malaysian XD curriculum is not fully developed yet ..... there is a lot of catch up against Denmark, China and Indonesia - teams that have had XD World or Olympic Champs in spades for decades.

Even Korea had lagged behind again, and trying to find its own way back ......

For CPS/GLY, there is still a distinct lack of variation in how they approach the game against different styles. Having said that, they've done reasonably well given that they are not at peak condition now. We just can't expect miracles straight away in a discipline we've never excelled in ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching them live now in All England Round of 32 is killing me. It's as if they've lost their concentration that was not much to begin with.
    Am I the only one who thinks that GLY lacked of the skill to setup smashes for CPS or doing a netkill?
    I haven't seen her doing any of this for a long long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched their match with Robertson/Wallwork in Axiata Cup 2013... really at lost for words! CPS/GLY were 20 (match point) -8 up and yet they let their opponents saved 7 match pts before closing G3 at 21-15!

IMO, it's not that their opponents played really well to save those match pts, but I thought CPS/GLY were not focused enough to close match.
    Last edited by nizze; 03-24-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody noticed how CPS always talks to herself and her partner in Chinese on court, even though she plays for Malaysia?

I always thought it was a little weird/funny that she speaks in Chinese.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Has anybody noticed how CPS always talks to herself and her partner in Chinese on court, even though she plays for Malaysia?

I don't understand your question. Both CPS and CLY are Chinese Malaysian and naturally they can speak and converse in Mandarin or other Chinese dialects.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cps is GUY
    my friend.
    we chinese malaysian,except banana,can speak chinese well.
    me myself can speak mandarin,cantonese,hakka and hokkien
    unlike china people who normally can only speak their dialect and weird mandarin.
    Last edited by limsy; 03-25-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err, no 1) Chan Peng Soon(CPS) is the male, Goh Liu Ying is the female player
    2) They are ethnic Chinese and chinese educated, their chinese is better than English. Both CPS and GLY post in chinese on their official Facebook wall, GLY's english (the girl) is better than CPS though. GLY can answer press interviews in English, CPS looks like doesnt have the confidence to do so, much like LCW.

3) Their coach, Jeremy Gan, gives them instructions in chinese, if not mistaken, Cantonese and sometimes Mandarin. Only if the coach is non chinese speaking like Rosman Razak, previously Rexy, then they communicate in malay.
    I forgot Tan Kim Her, the MD and chief doubles coach, he gives instructions in Hokkien to Hokkien speaking players like TBH. I think all these coaches have had the 'duty' of sitting in the coaches chair during CPS/GLY matches

Hey Limsy, who you call banana? I banana but can speak chinese, read only cannot
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    cps is GUY
    my friend.
    we chinese malaysian,except banana,can speak chinese well.
    me myself can speak mandarin,cantonese,hakka and hokkien
    and English!

most of my Malaysian Chinese friends are like limsy. very multilingual.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Hey Limsy, who you call banana? I banana but can speak chinese, read only cannot
    then you are not banana
    you are eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    and English!

most of my Malaysian Chinese friends are like limsy. very multilingual.
    yup. we even have bahasa malaysia.
    maybe 5% of japanese and 10% of korean too(personally)

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast