User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW: Innocent until proven guilty

You'll all have heard the doping accusations re. LCW

And I for one am absolutely furious -

This is just 'trial by media' and hearsay at this point and it's absolutely appalling that LCW's being openly accused in the Press on the basis of a rumour. Yet again, BAM doesn't stand up for LCW, seem to be quite happy to have his name dragged into this. Yet again, the malaysian media are trying to tear LCW down at the slightest opportunity.

You would think that some respect is due for LCW at this point when there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that LCW has done anything wrong.

I'm pissed off with people who think that LCW somehow owes their country a gold medal. I'm pissed off that a decent hardworking guy takes the amount of flak that he does when anywhere else in the world would pray to have an athlete and competitor half as good. This is a new nadir fuelled by what i can only assume is envy. My only consolation is that i'm certain LCW wouldn't knowingly take anything, i don't think its in his nature, i doubt he's ever considered it. And if the thought crossed his mind i am pretty sure he has too much respect for his competitors and too much decency to cross the line.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is exactly in times like these that separate one's real friends from the fake ones.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you need to separate out emotion, intention and fact.

while a lot of fans like yourself would believe that he is completely innocent, which is great as it shows that he has such respect from his fans and peers. you also need to consider the other two factors.

fact is that now both his sample A and B have been tested positive. unless you can some how claim that the testing done by labs are completely bogus, we will have to believe that there is banned substance in his system when he was tested. that's a fact.

now comes the intention part, how did the banned substance (we still don't know what it is) got into his system? was he under so much pressure to win at the WC that he took the wrong step? or perhaps he just took some medication for whatever reason without carefully checking to see if it has ingredient listed in the banned substance list?

I think everyone would want it to be the latter, and no fan would believe in the former. However, the rules are clear, the list of banned substances are clearly listed, it is up to the athlete to do the proper check before he take any medication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    fact is that now both his sample A and B have been tested positive
    if i'm not mistaken, sample B is yet to be tested
    heard it is to be done in november at Norway. correct me if i'm wrong

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    You'll all have heard the doping accusations re. LCW

And I for one am absolutely furious -

This is just 'trial by media' and hearsay at this point and it's absolutely appalling that LCW's being openly accused in the Press on the basis of a rumour. Yet again, BAM doesn't stand up for LCW, seem to be quite happy to have his name dragged into this. Yet again, the malaysian media are trying to tear LCW down at the slightest opportunity.

You would think that some respect is due for LCW at this point when there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that LCW has done anything wrong.

I'm pissed off with people who think that LCW somehow owes their country a gold medal. I'm pissed off that a decent hardworking guy takes the amount of flak that he does when anywhere else in the world would pray to have an athlete and competitor half as good. This is a new nadir fuelled by what i can only assume is envy. My only consolation is that i'm certain LCW wouldn't knowingly take anything, i don't think its in his nature, i doubt he's ever considered it. And if the thought crossed his mind i am pretty sure he has too much respect for his competitors and too much decency to cross the line.
    Definitely agree with you.

Just thinking this thread should be merged with the LCW thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while a lot of fans like yourself would believe that he is completely innocent, which is great as it shows that he has such respect from his fans and peers. you also need to consider the other two factors.

fact is that now both his sample A and B have been tested positive. unless you can some how claim that the testing done by labs are completely bogus, we will have to believe that there is banned substance in his system when he was tested. that's a fact.

now comes the intention part, how did the banned substance (we still don't know what it is) got into his system? was he under so much pressure to win at the WC that he took the wrong step? or perhaps he just took some medication for whatever reason without carefully checking to see if it has ingredient listed in the banned substance list?

I think everyone would want it to be the latter, and no fan would believe in the former. However, the rules are clear, the list of banned substances are clearly listed, it is up to the athlete to do the proper check before he take any medication.
    100% agree with kwun. Let's look at things objectively and factually, then wait to see what actually happened to come to this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely agree 100%. The various media reports are very confusing surrounding this situation too, and now the new situation with the Malaysian anti-doping association. If that indeed played a part in this, I am not even sure what should be said.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Woffle View Post
    Definitely agree 100%. The various media reports are very confusing surrounding this situation too, and now the new situation with the Malaysian anti-doping association. If that indeed played a part in this, I am not even sure what should be said.
    yes. and good point, even the press cannot be trusted 100%. now it looks like the B sample results isn't actually out yet.