User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Fran Kurniawan Teng/Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth (INA) beat Peng Soon Chan/Liu Ying Goh (MAS): 20-22 21-19 21-18

Good try...? Good fight? Try harder next time...? Good experience? BOLEH?
    This INA pair belongs the same batch of upcoming XD pairs, maybe slightly more experienced than CPS-GLY, will hope to see a rivalry
    between them in the near future.. CPS-GLY needs to improve on his temperament during crucial stages of the matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok effort for now in HKO..
    next tourney is the crucial one to determine they are ok pair
    just ok...coz if they managed to beat INA pairs...next will be KOR
    and lastly CHN pairs....or else just upsets here and there
    but cannot beat all pairs how to win SS titles lar???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Ok effort for now in HKO..
    next tourney is the crucial one to determine they are ok pair
    just ok...coz if they managed to beat INA pairs...next will be KOR
    and lastly CHN pairs....or else just upsets here and there
    but cannot beat all pairs how to win SS titles lar???
    Has Malaysia ever produced an XD pair who had reached the semi-finals of a Super Series event before? Or won a GP Gold title? I'm happy that these guys are able to produce upsets here and there already. Since you know that they are only an OK pair, don't talk about KOR and CHN pairs until they become a GOOD pair

They beat Yoo Yeon Seong/Kim Min Jung before..?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind, give them more chance.. still young..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Nevermind, give them more chance.. still young..
    Yup... how old are they? 22/21, I think. I rarely see them in SS(4 only this year for a top MIX DOUBLES pair in Malaysia!?) They definitely need more exposure. They only had 10 tournaments this year but 6 of them are in GP Gold instead of SS. (you compare this to LCW(11) or KKK/TBH(12). Hard to ever beat CHN and KOR pairs though...
    Last edited by undeadshot; 12-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think have.. i am thinking about kkk and ceh?

i agree. for now they are an upcoming pair. not good yet in the international sense.. but the idea of them defeating teams by countries.. eg.. indonesia teams first then korea then china seems tedious..there must be a better way

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Has Malaysia ever produced an XD pair who had reached the semi-finals of a Super Series event before? Or won a GP Gold title? I'm happy that these guys are able to produce upsets here and there already. Since you know that they are only an OK pair, don't talk about KOR and CHN pairs until they become a GOOD pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    i think have.. i am thinking about kkk and ceh?

i agree. for now they are an upcoming pair. not good yet in the international sense.. but the idea of them defeating teams by countries.. eg.. indonesia teams first then korea then china seems tedious..there must be a better way
    Oops, forgot about KKK/WPT, they have reached the SF of the World Championships before But they didn't win any titles, nor reach the SF of a super series event I think. But really, CPS/GLY should have more exposure in the top flight. Wonder why BAM likes to send LCW and KKK/TBH like everywhere in many Super Series but rarely sends CPS/GLY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, forgot about KKK/WPT, they have reached the SF of the World Championships before But they didn't win any titles, nor reach the SF of a super series event I think. But really, CPS/GLY should have more exposure in the top flight. Wonder why BAM likes to send LCW and KKK/TBH like everywhere in many Super Series but rarely sends CPS/GLY.
    I think CPS and GLY shd definately concentrate in XD and forget about MD and WD, becos now they have showed potential in XD and recent MD and WD scenario showed too many strong pairs in the arena, so they shd just concentrate in XD which I think there are more chnces for them to excel in XD comapred to MD and WD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    I think CPS and GLY shd definately concentrate in XD and forget about MD and WD, becos now they have showed potential in XD and recent MD and WD scenario showed too many strong pairs in the arena, so they shd just concentrate in XD which I think there are more chnces for them to excel in XD comapred to MD and WD.
    I totally agree with you, jasonmarc! LKW should go XD too. Is there some rule or something that says every MAS XD pair must have MD or WD pair too? (Except Ong Jian Guo/Chong Sook Chin but they're not very good...)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year onwards they will be sent, OG qualification mah. They are one of the pioneer permanent XD pair for Msia, KKK/WPT play XD part time only. CPS/GLY progress faster than Ong JG/CSC(21 & 23 y.o.), who have been paired longer.

If I remember correctly KKK with NHL reached semi in SS before.

LKW playing concentrating on XD is what I am thinking also but he does not have good XD partner after NHL went independent. I heard he prefers MD, maybe partner gals is more problematic, hahaha.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-10-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..yes, M'sia has done so. In fact, CPS and GLY reached the Semis in last week's CHN Open SS. And if i recall, Ong Jian Guo & Chong Sook Chin reached the Semis of this yr's M'sia Open GPG.
    KKK, officially, hasn't reached the Semis of any SS or GP/GPG tourneys. But he did reach Semis Rd., and even won 1, in those tourneys which are now labeled SS/GP/GPG, several yrs back along with 2006 Asian Games, 2006 IBF World Championships, 2006 Commonwealth Games (can check wikipedia for more infos).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-10-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..yes, M'sia has done so. In fact, CPS and GLY reached the Semis in last week's CHN Open SS. And if i recall, Ong Jian Guo & Chong Sook Chin reached the Semis of this yr's M'sia Open GPG.
    KKK, officially, hasn't reached the Semis of any SS or GP/GPG tourneys. But he did reach Semis Rd., and even won 1, in those tourneys which are now labeled SS/GP/GPG, several yrs back along with 2006 Asian Games, 2006 IBF World Championships, 2006 Commonwealth Games (can check wikipedia for more infos).
    The first 2 sentences, I was referring to CPS/GLY, who had won a GP Gold event this year as well as reaching the semi-finals of a Super Series event
    That's why I am saying this is potentially the best XD MAS will have and need a whole lot of exposure. George's comment seemed sarcastic as if they are another no-hope pair who eats plenty of chances which prompted me to make this comment, and also later post that they in fact LACK exposure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first 2 sentences, I was referring to CPS/GLY, who had won a GP Gold event this year as well as reaching the semi-finals of a Super Series event
    ..are you sure they won a GP/GPG title this yr? or you're referring to their BAC title this yr??..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..are you sure they won a GP/GPG title this yr? or you're referring to their BAC title this yr??..
    Yes, the BAC is GP Gold level.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hope that CPS/GLY can make it good as a top world class XD pair

That's why I am saying this is potentially the best XD MAS will have and need a whole lot of exposure. George's comment seemed sarcastic as if they are another no-hope pair who eats plenty of chances which prompted me to make this comment, and also later post that they in fact LACK exposure.
    Hope that CPS/GLY can make it good as a top world class XD pair. Because Malaysia is traditionally poor at XD, BAM often do not pay much attention to their XD players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, no doubt they seems to be the best xd pair in mas right now. Let's hope they can be world class xd pair in the future. But in my opinion, it's hard because CPS have to concentrate in playing MD as well. Let's also hope this pair won't turn out to be another tan wee kiong/woon khe wei..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Next year onwards they will be sent, OG qualification mah. They are one of the pioneer permanent XD pair for Msia, KKK/WPT play XD part time only. CPS/GLY progress faster than Ong JG/CSC(21 & 23 y.o.), who have been paired longer.

If I remember correctly KKK with NHL reached semi in SS before.

LKW playing concentrating on XD is what I am thinking also but he does not have good XD partner after NHL went independent. I heard he prefers MD, maybe partner gals is more problematic, hahaha.
    Ain't that the truth...in real life

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast