User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Don't get me wrong. IT IS ok to set up clubs or a league.

BUT, lets hope that the big players still play in the big SS events so that their fans can cherish and get to see them play.

This means, not at the expense of the world league. Like football, its ok to have a league, then big players also plays in euro and world up.

Hopefully badminton like cbsl will not have such issues where players got better money there (not that bad really) and tired (pulls out of SS).

Do you get what I am getting to? That is to ask china (or those players int the league) not to be selfish.
    The Euro and World Cup are 4 years events, just like Thomas, Uber, Sudirman Cup (2 years events) and it is about nations, not clubs. Whereas the Champion League/UEFA cup is all about the clubs, and take place in between the countries' leagues.

Meanwhile in badminton we have the Opens: SS, GPG, GP, IC, etc (that not exist in Soccer).
    It hard to compete in all, the CBSL (or might be other countries' leagues if one day they have) and the Opens, regarding the schedule.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope more non-national represented players can join that CBL league..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

son. I think you may not understand me.

I've been playing competitive football as well as badminton. fyi. lol.

Anyway, the important thing right now is the SS and nothing else except for TC, UC and Sudirman CUP.

Am not worried about those OG, AG and bla bla bla...

My interest is to see the best to play in the biggest bwf events. So if some players giving excuse saying tired. That is a bunch offa..' you know what '.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, i know what you mean.

as i said it looks like at first the cbsl will, sort of, go hand in hand with bwf ss or ps.

the rules says only top 8 players (correct me if i am wrong) will be invited to participate in cbsl

so here indirectly top players will have to be active in ss or ps to maintain their ranking.

now the question is, what happen later if that rule is abolished, say top 20 players can participate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at times it irks me when some said, he played in cbl and tired in jo.

how come people like th, pg not complaining? They also play day in and out. excuse, excuse and excuse.

I hope they will be 'true' professionals which I doubt. Credibility gone. Same goes to their officials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets hope the new ruling of minimum 9 ss/ps will leave them no time to complain lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what conclusion do we have so far regarding the question of this thread?

Or may I ask another questions?

Is CBSL good for
    1) badminton in general?
    2) Chinese players who compete in it but skip some SS?
    3) foreign players who compete in it say TH or others?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by well-son View Post
    So what conclusion do we have so far regarding the question of this thread?

Or may I ask another questions?

Is CBSL good for
    1) badminton in general?
    2) Chinese players who compete in it but skip some SS?
    3) foreign players who compete in it say TH or others?
    ..for a 2+ - months event, it sure is putting a bit of competition to the BWF schedule..of course, the ones who benefit the most are the CHN based players and the sponsors..

It's good for badminton and BWF in general because it shines a light that badminton can still thrive, esp. in CHN, even without BWF..In other words, if one day BWF decided to close shop, guess what, badminton will still be popular and played competitively all over CHN..
    It's also good for the Chinese players who don't have enough chances to compete internationally to play against some of their better compatriots..Reality is, most of the top CHN national players compete in the reg. BWF team events tourneys or have enough pts to qualify for certain major events (OG, WC, AG) or if Li-Ning is a sponsor of a certain tourney..
    It's good only for foreign players who are at least in the same level of TH or LCW..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-12-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought all the answers were already in post 1618 of Lin Dan thread?

Its getting to be like old wine in new bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that CBL may chnage the policies to allow top 16 or top 20 in near future..
    I do not think CBL will kill SS at all...the reason CBL has Feb to April this year to allow chinese players to compete more for Olympic qualification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

money talks.

and it is payback from LYB to the BWF, the BWF for years has tried to undermine the strength of the Chinese team, either by changing the scoring system or limiting the number of entries in the Olympics. now Chinese players are self sufficient and starting to draw in bigger names to their own internal league. if there is enough interests, no one will care about the BWF sanctioned SS events anymore and everyone will bow to the CBSL. they will only care when it is Olympic years or once in a while for TC/UC/SC.

LYB's master revenge plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not reserve 3months of the year for domestic leagues, After the German and CBL we can have others like

Msia/Singapore/Ina/Asean league, or South Asian League or Pacific League etc, it could create a lot of new industries and much needed jobs.

Trouble with China is that it is too bent on economic progress rather than the down to earth task of helping less developed nations in badminton unlike

BWF, maybe leagues and BWF can share roles? The Chinese public does not like to see Chinese domination of sports, that's why

TT is been overshadowed by Badminton. With strong leagues and big money badminton can be in the big league.

Of course then fans will have to accept that the world has changed from that of the 80s etc and think out of the box

just as the scoring system has changed etc.

At the moment is there an issue? 3 months for CBL and 9 months to play SS for players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    I thought all the answers were already in post 1618 of Lin Dan thread?

Its getting to be like old wine in new bottles.
    post # 1618 lin dan thread?

rather confused here....

This forum is open to all as long as there are constructive criticism and the words are for the betterment of badminton.

One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them.

This is an open society and everyone have the rights to say something in the hope to improve the situation when something went wrong.

We wouldn't want those so called 'tidak apa' attitude here and lets respect them kinda thing because the country does it different way.

This is a global world. As for Rashid and Misbun behaviour, they deserved the flocked. Anyway, they have learnt the lesson now or then. Am sure during that time, many wanted to even kill them.

We should not condone those bad examples and try to straight them out so that they know they are on the wrong side and not showing professionalism behaviour. We want true professionals. If you can't take it, please go for a holiday and come back and be a good person. Don't have to post anything here if you don't care. But for the fact that you care, you post correct? Of is it hands itchy? Do not do things half way.

We hope for the younger champions not to follow such attitude. We want them and the sport to move forward and no allow these people to dominate the scene.

As for Taufik walking out a few years ago, it was bad but he has a point because those calls are arguable. We can understand his frustration because it's toturing when you are trying to win something. Have you been in this position? We can symphatise with him even though it is not acceptable. Where else for this prince, he just walk out without having give a good reason. If its true injury, then let the doctor says it, am sure people can accept it.

Being selective in a tournament is one thing or a 'known' thing (already fed up of bringing this up because we know that he is the only one doing this). But walking out in the middle of a tournament is also 'another' thing. This is not the same thingy. Again BWF should take action on this. I can see there are silence in the BWF camp for some obvious fear.

I hope this argument is constructive and make readers want to come back to read this. keke...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does EPL kill off England's performance in World Cup 2010? It's all about money...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    money talks.

and it is payback from LYB to the BWF, the BWF for years has tried to undermine the strength of the Chinese team, either by changing the scoring system or limiting the number of entries in the Olympics. now Chinese players are self sufficient and starting to draw in bigger names to their own internal league. if there is enough interests, no one will care about the BWF sanctioned SS events anymore and everyone will bow to the CBSL. they will only care when it is Olympic years or once in a while for TC/UC/SC.

LYB's master revenge plan.
    yes it is lyb vs bwf

and its going to be a long match!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

CBL is business, pure and simple.

These types of leagues are set up to generate huge incomes for their clubs, and for the organizers. They are holding this festival in the country with the largest number of players and the greatest popularity of the game. No surprises so far. It always goes through it's "we are the most important thing since salt" phase and reality settles in later. The SS and BWF will survive, and they will be forced to adapt and change and re-invent themselves in their response to this challenge. They will do it because they are representative of the playing countries of the entire world. In the end, it is likely everyone will win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes it is lyb vs bwf

and its going to be a long match!
    Sure? LYB was the first to regret that his players would spend more time in the league

rather than playing for the country.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast