User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Does EPL kill off England's performance in World Cup 2010? It's all about money...
    Would there be more David Beckhams or even Eric Cantonas (who never played for France) if England did not have MUs etc and leagues?

Would EU clubs be such big business and have so many aspiring pros if not for pro football.

It is actually worthwhile considering the positive impacts of badminton pro leagues. It is aready like that in Table Tennis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Would there be more David Beckhams or even Eric Cantonas (who never played for France) if England did not have MUs etc and leagues?

Would EU clubs be such big business and have so many aspiring pros if not for pro football.

It is actually worthwhile considering the positive impacts of badminton pro leagues. It is aready like that in Table Tennis.
    Agree. Taufik is the 2nd foreign player (the 1st player is Tan Choon Fok of MAS) playing for the CBL, and he was reported earning RMB$100,000 per match (appearance fee)... I hope more foreign players will join the CBL and earn more $$$... end of the day, it's all about survival and MONEY

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, 6 months for the SS and six months for the national leagues. But not only the CBL, other nations must organize the same way. And then the two top clubs for each nations get into the international club league, much like the Champions league in football.
    The thing is, for the SS and the TC, SC, etc., each nation only have 2 or 3 players in each discipline. But for clubs you need much more. Even in one club having a star is not enough, you need some back up. So for me this league business is great for players, as it gives chance for good players but not good enough to be ranked among the top 10 worldwide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure? LYB was the first to regret that his players would spend more time in the league

rather than playing for the country.
    hahaha, a guy like you believe lyb?

well, not for me.lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    For me, 6 months for the SS and six months for the national leagues. But not only the CBL, other nations must organize the same way. And then the two top clubs for each nations get into the international club league, much like the Champions league in football.
    The thing is, for the SS and the TC, SC, etc., each nation only have 2 or 3 players in each discipline. But for clubs you need much more. Even in one club having a star is not enough, you need some back up. So for me this league business is great for players, as it gives chance for good players but not good enough to be ranked among the top 10 worldwide.
    Great ideas... Let's hope the "Romans" and "Shieks" got bored with soccer and fall in love with badminton...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure? LYB was the first to regret that his players would spend more time in the league

rather than playing for the country.
    they still get to play when it matters, ie. on all the team and world championships + olympics, etc.

not really any different than what they are doing today, skipping a bunch of tournaments. perhaps 2010 was the testing year, see how players will perform without much international matches.

then they will play more and more CBSL, players earn more money, they don't complain, and i am sure LYB gets more money as well from the wealthier sponsors.

then everybody is happy. even the other international players are happy as they get more chances to actually win tournaments instead of China taking all of them.

seems like a win win situation.

oh, except BWF, but LYB don't really give a damn about them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    money talks.

and it is payback from LYB to the BWF, the BWF for years has tried to undermine the strength of the Chinese team, either by changing the scoring system or limiting the number of entries in the Olympics. now Chinese players are self sufficient and starting to draw in bigger names to their own internal league. if there is enough interests, no one will care about the BWF sanctioned SS events anymore and everyone will bow to the CBSL. they will only care when it is Olympic years or once in a while for TC/UC/SC.

LYB's master revenge plan.
    Well..not really..it has nothing to do with BWF or LYB.
    I chatted with one of CBA official before and asked why China started CBL.
    The reason is CBA felts that it is getting tougher to find new talent in Badminton.
    China's economy is good so most of the parents urge the kids to study business or work, eventhough the parents encourage the kids playing sport, they will choose tennis, Golf, Basketball, etc and badminton could be the last choice...
    So China Badminton wanted to show that they can earn good money by playing badminton.

Also that official said that it is irony since Badminton and table Tennis is under one administration that Table tennis players earn about 6 to 10 times than badminton players.
    he told me that there was an inside joke..if badminton player looks for a house..table Tennis players will look for what kind of cars they will get...

Also at the same time...China has so many badminton players and they do not want them to go to overseas and also a chance for other players to play top players at the same time...thats some of the reasons I was given..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Ina can start the ball rolling,it has Djarum , etc.etc. and so many super rich sponsors.

i really dunno much abt Ina ,maybe Icuk wont like it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Ina can start the ball rolling,it has Djarum , etc.etc. and so many super rich sponsors.

i really dunno much abt Ina ,maybe Icuk wont like it.
    INA will have the Badminton league every 2 yr and it starts in february, 2 weeks after Korea Open.
    been told the prize money between US$ 200000 to US$ 300000..it is quite big and sponsored by Djarum...do not know which city will host at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    hahaha, a guy like you believe lyb?

well, not for me.lol
    i know what you are thinking my friend, how many people linked to BAM have anything good to say about LYB or even Gunalan? I dont really believe much as there could be other reasons for such rumours or facts.

But in China commercial crime is punishable by death, every year thousands of people are executed for corruption, so if you are already quite rich but dont know when to stop, better pray hard when there is a change of management.China is coming really hard on corruption because it wants a clean-up of its image on par with advanced countries. Human rights activists are already bemoaning the draconian laws.
    That is the little I know about China.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is off course difficult to see all the inside aspects of such a big thing as the CBL or the CBA. But it is quite certain that LYB, though an important figure, is still quite small. How high he is on the Party hierarchy? That is what matters, with connections of all kinds. (Police, army, etc.) Should we think someone like LYB could decide for organization like "bayi", the army??? Such a move have to be planed by many people and big guns have to agree on the move.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can be certain that when LD salute the flag because he belongs to Bayi, it is not a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Renbo, and all this info is from a French national

staying in China, close to the action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If CBL players earn big money, they will not care about olylmpics just like NBA stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a good reason. I hope CBL will be as successful as Table tennis. why not? badminton is more interesting than TT .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as the world games are not compromised, that should be fine. Tennis, Golf are great; meaning no excuses, the best will just play.

I hope china audits the CBSL. Am very sure some will be tempted by the mulla. If it happens in other countries, am sure some will fall to it. Or get bwf to hire the top fella. That will put pressure on him to perform or get money for BWF. Again, politic prevails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    If CBL players earn big money, they will not care about olylmpics just like NBA stars.
    ..the market is definitely there for badminton just like a market for basketball in the U.S. Further, comparing U.S.' and CHN's population, which is 4x larger and an even larger badminton followers, a major badminton league, ala the NBA in CHN, wouldn't be out of the question in the future..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast