Pro's Pro Challenger I vs II vs 6?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Addict123, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

Hello,

the Pro's Pro Challenger 1, 2 and 6 are sold for a quite similar, lowish price here.

From a friend and long-time user I have a recommendation for the Pro's Pro Challenger 1; he bought it long ago, probably when 2 and 6 were not yet available.

Which one of the 3 would you suggest to get?

I would use it privately to string my own badminton rackets (Nanospeed 9000 etc.).

Thank you!

2. mat_patsy

mat_patsy Regular Member

employed
    Have a look at the 'shuttle express' too, a little bit cheaper but equally well made etccc.. The only down side of it is that it only does badminton rackets - but if that's all you want to do then ideal (like me). It is also a ratchet rather than drop weight.

3. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

Ok, got this info from a vendor:

1 and 6 are pretty much the same and have a sprocket which means you can tension one-handed, but it makes a loud noise. The 2 is otherwise the same, but does not have the sprocket - so, no noise, but you need to use both hands for tensioning.

I had the chance to see the 1 in action (and actually string my racket under guidance), and it was quite fun. The noise *was* a bit annoying, I guess - not for the stringer, but for other persons around. You won't string at night in the living room. ;)

I like that machine, and am thinking about getting the Pro's Pro Challenger 2. While I was not able to actually see it, I believe having to use both hands when tensioning should be no matter, and the Wife and neighbours (and sleeping baby) will be happy not hearing that clanking sound all the time.

Also, I had a look at the shuttle express. While I did not see a crank system in live action yet, either, I believe I like the dropweight version better - less parts to break. ;)

Does anyone have something to add here?