VT70, AS-8DX or NS9900? Which would you choose and why? Recommend other rackets too.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by k9force2515, Dec 13, 2010.

1. k9force2515

k9force2515 Regular Member

Student
    Ok guys, I have narrowed my search down to 3 rackets. The VT70, AS-8DX and the NS9900. Which do you think is best and why? Other racket recommendations welcomed. I am a doubles player and a hard hitter. I want a balanced racket that can deliver a powerful smash and efficiently save smashes. It would also be desirable if I could return my saves to where I want.
    P.S. Listing down the pros and cons of each racket would be greatly appreciated.

2. k9force2515

Student
    Oh, and also, what string should I use if i want to string it to a 25lbs tension?

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

Couldn't you just asked this in your other thread......

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

:confused:Can't understand why you have to start 2 similar thread

5. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I agree
    The Armotec 900 Power

6. k9force2515

Student
    Well, last thread was more general but now i just narrowed it...

7. busterbuzz

busterbuzz Regular Member

second it, Amrortech 900 power

8. drew tze en

Haha I like it :)

9. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Dear,

I have a similar question with k9force2515.
    I need a replacement for my broken AT900T (sadly).
    I consider myself as an intermediate player. Play mostly double.
    What I'm looking for in a new racket would be:
    - speed & maneuverability
    - control & precision
    - Power & good repulsion for drive (defense)
    - durability.

I found that both Arc8DX and NS9900 would match the criteria. I've put aside VT70 as I read that VT70 has slightly thin frame. Which makes a bad durability (considering I play double most of the time, chance of clashing is quite high :))

So which one do you think I should buy? or may be there are others that I missed? (preferably Yonex) :)

Thank you,

10. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    I've got both the Arc 8DX and the Nanospeed 9900 and have played with the Voltric as well. The Arc 8DX is a great racket (one of my favourites) and is pretty much just a stiffer and more solid feeling version of the ARC 10; really well rounded, but some people might not like the stiffness. The Nanospeed is pretty well rounded and actually a well balanced racket even though it's said to be head light but you might not be able to generate as much power with smashing due to the lack of weight in the head. Lastly the Voltric is ok to use imo, feels funny on contact and actually pretty head heavy during play, but it's surprisingly really manouverable but not my cup of tea. Hope this sort of helps.

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have the nano9900 and the vt70, i like the vt70 because it's light enough for me to play doubles with but head heavy so at least i have some sort of power from the head heaviness. i am too weak to actually have any power from nano9900 tho my reaction time shorten a bit because the nano9900 is so freakin light. this is only my personal opinion and i am not speaking for everyone, but just for myself :)

12. Arcsaberz 5

Arcsaberz 5 Regular Member

Playing badminton
    choose either nanospeed 9900 or arcsaber8dx, u r a hard hitter isnt? those both rackets i listed is stiff.. for me, i would rather choose voltric70 cause im not a hard hitter, i need a flexible medium racket :)

13. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Thanks mates, well I'm not always a hard-hitter. I mostly count on speed and precision; placing the bird on opponent's difficult spots. oh well, so I'll gain more speed with Nano9900, but losing some power. On the other hand, I'll gain more power with Arc8DX, but slightly loose speed. Can I get both in one racket? lols... VT70 maybe..but greatly losing durability I suppose :D

I guess I should add more considerations: the cosmetics, and price LOL ...

14. drew tze en

Arcsaber 10 is similar to the Arcsaber 8DX

15. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I've never played Arc10 though, but I have Arc100 LTD and been using it for a couple of time. How's Arc8DX compared to Arc100 LTD? I noticed that Arc100 LTD is actually Arc7 in different finishing, isn't it?

16. drew tze en

Yes the Arcsaber 100ltd is just the Arcsaber 7
    Well the Arcsaber 8DX has a extra stiff shaft compared to the Arcsaber 7 flexible shaft
    The Arcsaber 8DX has advantage because the racket can be strung up to 22-27lbs

17. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, Victor Bravesword 9 (24 lbs) is preferrable in doubles. Good enough hold like Arc Saber for drops and offensive control, but arc saber can't control return smashes or drive rallies (it can but requires a lot of your effort, precision, and strength minus your reaction time during fast fast rallies, hard to compensate). BS 9 also is like Nanospeed series, good enough repulsion for just enough control to return drives and smashes with low enough defensive drops or high enough defensive clears.
    But thats my two cents.
    However I only own NS9900 (24 lbs), Mtec 70 (28lbs), and Protec Crossfire (27 lbs). Don't have money for BS9 :(
    Mtec 70 is very underrated. Superb head heavy racquet. Offensively and defensively sound because like weight training, you start light weight just to get your posture and form correct first before you move onto heavier weight. Mtec 70 really helped me move on my skillsets onto NS9900. That being said with good footwork and hard work (Only attribute to compare people fairly on), I believe BS 9 is the better choice of double racquets out there.

Ah and forgot to include that yeah you can jump smash hard with it without exhausting your nerves in your hand or your arm because it has the hold soft feel.

#17 smax5001, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010