1. rojov123

rojov123 Regular Member

Student
    I have a racquet with the serial code 171109JP. It is an ArcSaber ZSlash. I know it is fake coz I bought(brand new) it for 60 dollars. But the serial code seems to be just perfect. 17 th day, November, 2010. The selling guy said it was not a genuine racquet, but it was Grade A. It felt just like the genuine racquet that I had used before.

It also has the serial on the shaft (7579948). Is there any way to prove that this racquet is infact, a fake from the number on the shaft. The paint job is excellent.!!!!!!! It looks and feels just like the real one, and apparantly has the built in Tjoint too.
    Any ideas fellas??

Sorry, no pictures as the racquet has been given for restringing, and I have exams until the 18th. But believe me, there is not a lick of difference between the original and the Grade A.

Post your replies.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Reply: fake! [​IMG] That shaft serial is from back in Q2 2008 ... 171109JP but probably rolled out of the factory months before :D.
    If you don't feel any difference then good for you. Next time you know it makes no difference for your skills to use a $60 or a $250 racket so no point throwing your money away [​IMG]. And when you break it you could always saw it in half and actually check for a t-joint ...

3. rojov123

rojov123 Regular Member

Student
    How do I know the time it was made from the serial on the shaft?
    ie: How do I read the numbers?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It is a running serial (for Made in Japan rackets regardless of model), that number has come around a long time ago when people bought rackets in 2008. Ofcourse there are still rackets made in 2008 lying around in the stores even now. If we take for example the ArcSaber 10. This was first released in 2008 and one of the first serial numbers (reported by those bought from genuine yonex dealers) started with 736xxxx already ... For November 2010 we are in the 972xxxx range already.
    So basically you just cross-check with already reported serials and with over 3000 reported you can do a pretty accurate check ...

#4 demolidor, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. rojov123

rojov123 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks.. Now I can sleep easy..lol.. But this is the first time for me seeing a proper code on the cone of a fake racquet. Usually, the cone codes shows you balantly that they are fake.
    Kinda makes me wonder though. Why dont they just put in a proper code on the shaft as well, and sell it for a foutune. I mean, surely they arent that stupid.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think by putting blatantly wrong codes on them the priority to go after them isn't very high. There are a few that have serials much closer to the actual thing though like this one for instance: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Fake-or-Not-PiCS/page2&p=1571865#post1571865
    Only missing by a few days but using the wrong font. I once read as long as it differs on 6 points it's not illegal. Was probably for those BMW clones they make in CHina :D but at least those are sold under a different brand name ...

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member