Lightweight Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bedon97, Dec 16, 2010.

1. bedon97

bedon97 Regular Member

Student
    My dad recently bought me a yellow 'RSL Scream 028'. and im just wondering, is a lightweight racket can be used to smash aggresively rather than just clearing smashes?? what are the advantages of using a lightweight racket??

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you are strong enough, you can definitely smash aggressively with a lightweight racket. generally speaking, people use a lighter rackets for doubles due to quicker reaction time. of course the pros have lightning speed reaction so they can use any racket they have in their hands and it'd be alright :)

3. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    nice my dad just bought a scream 128 for my bro and scream for my bro and scream 118 for me...on topic as far as i know lightweight rackets are made for doub....nevermind gandumzaku has it all explained ~

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    LCW can hit just as well with a nano9900 as with a at900p, but then again that's because he's a pro. but actually, it also depends on the balance of the racket, whether it's head heavy, even balance, or head light. tho both the nano9900 and at900p are pretty light, to me at least, because one is head light and the other is head heavy, when you swing the racket to execute a shot, the feeling of it (the racket) is completely different. because i'm a weak player or maybe my form is off, i can never generate enough power for a good smash with the nano9900, in short i suck. finally, it always boils down to what feels good in your hand, nevermind what the pros use.