User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the other cranks I've seen were directly connected to the disc. You don't see many Pro's Pro in the US, though I wish they sold them here than Eagnas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    The Pro's Pro is simpler than that, it's like a ratchet/socket connection with a sprung ball bearing to lock it in. I like the screw idea though.
    Unfortunately, my Pro's Pro doesn't have a screw to lock the crank handle and that socket is clearly worn out. Just emailed the pics to Arfaian hoping to get a replacement part from them. In the meantime, am also in the market exploring other stringing machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    All the other cranks I've seen were directly connected to the disc. You don't see many Pro's Pro in the US, though I wish they sold them here than Eagnas.
    I wonder if Pro's Pro is any better than Eagnas...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagnas seems to use the over produced parts of other machines. The Pro's Pro are definately more flashy than the Eagnas.

When you ordered from Arfaian, was the transaction pretty straight forward? A friend of mine wants to order the Automatic base clamps from Arfarian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagnas seems to use the over produced parts of other machines. The Pro's Pro are definately more flashy than the Eagnas.

When you ordered from Arfaian, was the transaction pretty straight forward? A friend of mine wants to order the Automatic base clamps from Arfarian.
    Yup, it was a straight forward transaction. Is that not the case with Eagnas? Arfaian has very good customer service as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same with Eagnas, you order form the website and they ship it. Since Arfaian is in Germany (?), I'm not sure how the transaction goes, since you have to convert to Euros and Shipping overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same with Eagnas, you order form the website and they ship it. Since Arfaian is in Germany (?), I'm not sure how the transaction goes, since you have to convert to Euros and Shipping overseas.
    If you're ordering clamps, shipping cost ain't a big problem. The only downside will be the waiting time for the items to arrive. It took close to 3 or 4 weeks for the machine to arrive at my place here in Canada. If I can remember clearly, the Canadian customs held it for close to 2 weeks. Hopefully, this won't be the case down south the border lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did they ship it? EMS?

Getting back to your problem, does the handle just slip when you turn it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did they ship it? EMS?

Getting back to your problem, does the handle just slip when you turn it?
    If I'm not mistaken...it was some kinda express shipping. As far as I understand, if it was EMS, the customs won't hold it for too long. So, not in my case obviously as they charged me €46 for shipping for the machine.

Yup, it's come to the point where the handle just slips completely now. I can't even pull now. Sad, as my hands are kinda itchy now to string haha

It seems that it's a mere luck if one chooses to order from Eagnas. If one's lucky, he'll get a perfectly fine working machine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagnas is not as bad as everyone who complains about them. Though the quality started to go downhill on some of the later ones made. If you know somone who owns a Eagnas crank and upgraded to a Wise 2086, you could probably borrow it until your replacement arrives.

Is there any kind of hole at the hub end of the handle you can tap a thread for a screw?

The other alternative is to use vise grips or use the handle on the other side of the crank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagnas is not as bad as everyone who complains about them. Though the quality started to go downhill on some of the later ones made. If you know somone who owns a Eagnas crank and upgraded to a Wise 2086, you could probably borrow it until your replacement arrives.
    Is there any kind of hole at the hub end of the handle you can tap a thread for a screw?
    The other alternative is to use vise grips or use the handle on the other side of the crank.
    maybe you refer to Maxline - Eagnas distributor for US market ... so far I have deal directly with Eagnas/Lilylee without any problem.

Could you take at look your machine ? is there any "AEF" word ?
    in Kwun's machine (Alpha Shuttle), it has that word.
    And I believe this Pro's Pro also came from that vendor ....
    If I'm not mistaken the crank of this Shuttle Express is smaller than normal crank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghooga View Post
    Yup, it's come to the point where the handle just slips completely now. I can't even pull now. Sad, as my hands are kinda itchy now to string haha
    Can you not use the crank mount on the other side, or is it on the handle that has worn down?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    maybe you refer to Maxline - Eagnas distributor for US market ... so far I have deal directly with Eagnas/Lilylee without any problem.
    I was talking about Eagnas in general, which is distributed by Maxline in the US. Many of it's factory cousins are re-branded versions of the Eagnas machines. Though most complain about the bad Customer Service from Maxline, the quality of Eagnas has significantly dropped, since moving most of thier production to mainland China. I had a Flex 940 that was made in 2006, and a friend had the same machine made in 2008. The difference in quality was incredible, the later models are just poorly made.

Rarely do you see an exact Eagnas model to it's factory cousin. I beleive the ST-200 and ST-250 are very similar. The Alpha Shuttle Express is probably closer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about Eagnas in general, which is distributed by Maxline in the US. Many of it's factory cousins are re-branded versions of the Eagnas machines. Though most complain about the bad Customer Service from Maxline, the quality of Eagnas has significantly dropped, since moving most of thier production to mainland China. I had a Flex 940 that was made in 2006, and a friend had the same machine made in 2008. The difference in quality was incredible, the later models are just poorly made.

Rarely do you see an exact Eagnas model to it's factory cousin. I beleive the ST-200 and ST-250 are very similar. The Alpha Shuttle Express is probably closer.
    OK noted ...

Alpha Shuttle was made by AEF and Eagnas has similar model ST-170 (not published in the official website yet, but someone ever put the picture in this forum) and the price is less than one Yonex JP racket.

AEF : www.aefsports.com from Xiamen, China. They have 2 version, one with hold-down, and one with suspension support.

here the review by Kwun : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...inging-Machine
    and the word "AEF" on his machine :

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have seen that Eagnas version of the Shuttle Express, but it's not sold in the US through Maxline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The handle of the crank is all worn out. I think it's hard to imagine using vise grips to rotate the crank lol. Am not used to the other side of the crank. It'll be a big adjustment to work the machine using my left hand...haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Axle hub is worn out? That's kinda wierd the only thing holding the crank to the hub is a ball spring. If it were me, I'd probably weld it on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast