User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    So the Axle hub is worn out? That's kinda wierd the only thing holding the crank to the hub is a ball spring. If it were me, I'd probably weld it on.
    Yup, it's worn out. Since Arfaian's after sales service ain't the greatest, Wise 2086 tension head is now my solution LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghooga View Post
    Yup, it's worn out. Since Arfaian's after sales service ain't the greatest, Wise 2086 tension head is now my solution LOL
    A $500+ solution.
    How long have you had the machine? You could also try contacting Mark at Alpha, he might have parts for your crank since it probably made by the same manufacturer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    A $500+ solution.
    How long have you had the machine? You could also try contacting Mark at Alpha, he might have parts for your crank since it probably made by the same manufacturer.
    Haha...$495 and free shipping to Canada, ain't too bad a deal from all the good news I read

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghooga View Post
    Haha...$495 and free shipping to Canada, ain't too bad a deal from all the good news I read
    Don't forget duty and VAT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have got a Pro's pro shuttle express. Is my 1st stringing machine.

I have assemble it up. But I found out that the brake looks it is always there and the disc is hard to turn. Why is that?

Shouldnt the disc be moving freely when there are no strings?

How can I adjust that?

"
    A couple of other things that i have found with mine ... when i got it the brake wasn't adjusted properly, so the crank would slide up and down when it should have been locked out, and the fly off lever would hit the plastic case with a loud thwack. You can adjust it if needed by removing the soft rubber on the lever and the 3 screws on the pastic crank cover. Then you must adjust the nut on the end of the bolt so that the lever doesn't spring all the way back, i actually put two nuts on the bolt to lock it in place as it kept slipping, be careful not to over tighten the bolt or you might shear it off."

I saw this in previous post but I dont get the meaning of it.

Help Pls...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you cock the lockout lever the tension head should slide up and down the rail fairly freely, at least when you turn the crank. When the lockout lever srings open the tension head should be completely locked, so it sounds like yours is either not engaging properly and you're able to move it when locked, or it's dragging on when it shouldn't. I *think* you can adjust the brake by turning the allen bolt through the hole in the plastic cover, but i've not tried it (i took the cover off and did it from the other side) so you might need to experiment.

Does it make a difference when it's locked out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    When you cock the lockout lever the tension head should slide up and down the rail fairly freely, at least when you turn the crank. When the lockout lever srings open the tension head should be completely locked, so it sounds like yours is either not engaging properly and you're able to move it when locked, or it's dragging on when it shouldn't. I *think* you can adjust the brake by turning the allen bolt through the hole in the plastic cover, but i've not tried it (i took the cover off and did it from the other side) so you might need to experiment.

Does it make a difference when it's locked out?
    When it's locked out, it doesnt move completely. But when it is suppose to move freely, i can feel that it is somehow still dragging with some brakes on. I will just need to experiment it then. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chee_Khang View Post
    When it's locked out, it doesnt move completely. But when it is suppose to move freely, i can feel that it is somehow still dragging with some brakes on. I will just need to experiment it then. Thanks
    You'll never get totally free and still get the brake to apply properly, so it's a bit of a balance. I can move mine with one finger on the crank, but it takes a bit more to move by pushing on the tension head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I put the string in the tension holder and rotate the handle (which is not smooth at all) nothing happens, no brake or stop... it goes going until the string is torn apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

So I order one of this stringing machine, it won't come with any manuals? It seem like kinda hard to set up the whole thing.

Cheers,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3