Results 1 to 13 of 13
12-18-2010, 06:21 AM #1
2011 Tournaments (PSS, SS, GPG & GP and team events)
..i know 2011 is abt 2 weeks away, but can the mods/kwun set-up the 2011 Tournaments sub-forum?..thx
i've listed the following major tourneys for 2011 (courtesy of BWF website):
Gold - Premier Super Series
Pink - Super Series
Green - Grand Prix Gold
Blue - Grand Prix
Purple - Team, invitational and regional events
05-09 Jan VICTOR- BWF Super Series Finals 2010 Taipei Chinese Taipei
18-23 Jan Proton Malaysia Open Badminton Super Series 2011 Kuala Lumpur MAS
25-30 Jan VICTOR- Korea Super Series Premier 2011 Seoul KOR
15-20 Feb European Mixed Team Championships 2011 Amsterdam NED
01-06 Mar YONEX German Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 Mulheim an der Ruhr GER
08-13 Mar All England Premier Super Series 2011 Birmingham ENG
15-20 Mar WILSON Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 Basel SUI
29 Mar-03 Apr New Zealand Open Grand Prix 2011 Auckland NZL
05-10 Apr YONEX Australian Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 Melbourne AUS
19-24 Apr Badminton Asia Championships Sichuan CHN
26 Apr-01 May India Open Super Series 2011 New Delhi IND
=====Start of 2012 Olympic Qualifying Period=====
03-08 May Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 Alor Setar MAS
22-29 May Sudirman Cup 2011 Qing Dao CHN
07-12 Jun SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 Bangkok THA
14-19 Jun Singapore Open Super Series 2011 Singapore City SIN
21-26 Jun Indonesia Open Premier Super Series 2011 Jakarta INA
28 Jun-03 Jul Russian Open Grand Prix 2011 Vladivostok RUS
12-17 Jul 2011 Yonex/OCBC US Open Grand Prix Gold Los Angeles USA
19-24 Jul Canadian Open Grand Prix 2011 CAN
08-14 Aug BWF World Badminton Championship 2011 London ENG
23-28 Aug YONEX SUNRISE Vietnam Open Grand Prix 2011 Ho Chi Minh City VIE
06-11 Sep YONEX Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold 2011 Taipei TPE
13-18 Sep China Masters Super Series 2011 Changzhou CHN
20-25 Sep Japan Open Super Series 2011 Tokyo JPN
27 Sep-02 Oct Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold 2011 East Kalimantan INA
11-16 Oct Dutch Open Grand Prix 2011 NED
18-23 Oct Denmark Open Premier Super Series 2011 Odense DEN
25-30 Oct French Open Super Series 2011 Paris FRA
01-06 Nov Bitburger Open Grand Prix Gold 2011
15-20 Nov Hong Kong Open Super Series 2011 Hong Kong HKG
22-27 Nov China Open Super Series Premier 2011 CHN
29 Nov-04 Dec Macau Open Grand Prix 2011 Macau MAC
06-11 Dec Korea Grand Prix Gold 2011 TBC KOR
13-18 Dec India Grand Prix 2011 TBC IND
14-18 Dec Super Series Finals 2011 (as usual, still TBD)
Last edited by ctjcad; 12-18-2010 at 06:32 AM.
12-18-2010, 06:41 AM #2
haha, Chris, you can't wait for 2011 to come?
12-18-2010, 07:12 AM #3
Chris is already excited waiting for 2011 to come
12-21-2010, 01:38 AM #4
added all the new forums. feels like there are many more tournaments next year as i spent more than half an hour typing them in and putting them in the right buckets.
12-21-2010, 07:23 PM #5
Actually, i counted and the total between last yr and this yr is pretty much identical; abt the same 34-35 tourneys (if one includes all the SSs, GPs, continental/regional Games and team event).
Only difference is this yr (2010) there were 2 multi-sport events, the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games.
Btw, there is also the 2011 WJC in Taipei, TW which will be held from Oct. 28th til Nov. 6th, 2011 (but for some reason is not shown on BWF's 2011 schedule):
Last edited by ctjcad; 12-21-2010 at 07:30 PM.
12-21-2010, 09:37 PM #6
Yeah, overall nothing much difference with 2010 calendar except the number of GP Gold tourney has increased and none multi-sport event in 2011 calendar (26th SEA Games is excluded???)
12-23-2010, 06:11 PM #7
12-23-2010, 09:08 PM #8
so mas ss prize money is higher than 3 pss except ina and korea
12-23-2010, 09:44 PM #9
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM #10
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM #11
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM #12
Excited about 2011
2011 will be different!
1. Korean PSS is offering a record breaking $1.2 million in prize money. 1st in MS bags you $90K. No top badminton player will feel like they're wasting their time.
2. The beginning of the Premiere Super Series. All top 10 players must attend the PSS or else they can get $5,000 fine. This will keep the Chinese more loyal to the BWF after such terrible attendance last year, in part because of the pressure to play in the China Badminton League.
3. Mo money. More money will be offered for professional badminton players then ever before. Another example is the Indonesian PSS is offering $600K. More money is always good for the development of the sport as long as politics doesn't screw it up.
4. Politics. BWF vs CBL I believe this year will be interesting to see how the athletes split their time. Unfortunately, I'm sure the Chinese players can not decided for themselves considering they're owned by the Chinese government. For TH, which signed a nice contract with the CBL, and other badminton players I hope they can play everything. I heard in tennis they play 20+ games a year compare that with 9 BWF ranked games from LD last year.
5. Media. The biggest wish of mine is that I could EASILY watch the games live in the US. Professional badminton content in English is hard to come by in the US. My favorite source is YouTube, but the user that posted all my favorite videos, helma1, removed all his 2,000+ videos for fear of a copyright claim. The video sharing on badminton central is awesome! How ever you can't watch it till you download it and i'm sure we've all had problems with broken links or pay for download sites.
These things will make 2011 interesting indeed.
01-31-2011, 09:57 PM #13
By milkycarton in forum UKReplies: 3: 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
By kid123 in forum USA EastReplies: 1: 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
By Aaron13668 in forum China / Hong KongReplies: 3: 05-19-2008, 03:49 AM
By tjl_vanguard in forum Olympics BEIJING 2008Replies: 10: 02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
By Loh in forum Asian Games 2006 - BadmintonReplies: 0: 11-01-2006, 01:14 AM