Best value for money rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by flite, Dec 18, 2010.

1. flite

flite Regular Member

It seems that its quite easy to choose a racket that suit oneself without any budget constraint. The surefire way to find one is through trial and error especially those high-end ones from renowned manufacturers like Yonex, Li Ning and Victor to name a few.

But how if you only have less than RM250/USD80 to spend?

From my personal experience, here is a list of a few rackets that could be purchased within that budget and could perform very well like those expensive bloodsuckers.

1. Victor Artery Tec Ti99 - head heavy and stiff shaft.
    2. Wilson K-Factor (K-Tour) series - head heavy and extra stiff shaft
    3. Victor Superwaves 31 - extra head heavy and stiff shaft
    4. Yonex Carbonex 21SP - moderate head heavy and stiff shaft
    5. Fly Power Aero Storm 5900 (red and blue) - extra head heavy and extra stiff shaft

Besides giving you a good solid feel and playability, these rackets can take high tension up to 30lbs (barring no.4) without any problem and could survived a couple of clashes unlike some fragile yet expensive popular models.

Kindly share yours.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think the Apacs rackets are good value for money, their Tantrum and Lethal series are very good value for money.

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I concur. Apacs = best value for money.

The Nano900Power (white) AT900T clone is definitely one of the best bang-for-the-buck racquets.. i only paid 60RM for one. I've had two of them strung up to 32 and 33lbs, no problems so far after half a year.

#3 jhirata, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    cab21sp is quite heavy for me, i think the victor superwave is a great deal, and to be honest, i think victor's quality isn't that bad. to me, it's a tiny bit less solid, but when i played with my superwave35 or bravesword11, it felt really good and eventually i wasn't able to tell between the quality of yonex and victor

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

I agree with this one. I had more then 8 nano whites and they all serve me well, none broke and feels good for a decent price. I got them as a buy one get one free so almost only $35 a racket. :)

6. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD Regular Member

how would you compare the real at 700 technique with the apacs one

assuming their both 4U?

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I second the suggestion on APACS especially since you are in Malaysia. APACS is really really inexpensive (I'm staying away from the word cheap) but good rackets. For a budget of RM200, I'll also be looking at ProAce, Fleet, or if you stretch your budget a little, RSL. For ProAce, you should be looking at their thunderbird series.

8. flite

flite Regular Member

To a certain extend I agreed on ProAce especially their Titanium series (Ti9 and Ti11) that caused a bit of hoohaa about a decade ago. Their pricing was always competitive with their top of the line racket can be purchased below RM200. If you dont mind about the aesthetic part (which they certainly lack of) ProAce is a brand that strike a good balance between quality and price.

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    With rm 250, other than the above stated rackets, you won't regret buying any of the Apacs high end racket series such as Tantrum 200 or Lethal 60 or Visible Hollow 2000. At a very reasonable price here in Malaysia, their qualities are very good and worth buying....far far more better than at a same price, my previous Yonex Armortec 250:D

10. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    It depends where you live. Here in the UK for example, APACS really aren't *that* cheap - costing anywhere up to £90 ($140 US).

11. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Yonex Musclepower 3 ^^

12. carpediem

carpediem Regular Member

finance
    U can try one of Apacs Best Seller : T10

13. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The originals obviously feel more solid, and the paint job is more perfect. Inconsistencies are hard to find on the originals.

Some of the inconsistencies with the Apacs clones I have:
    -Lousy paint job
    -Uneven grommet spacing and/or positioning

14. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I have to agree with Sketchy here 100%. I've found two online retailers here in the UK that specifically stock Apacs and have found there prices quite high. Granted, they're not as expensive as a brand new YY Arc Z slash, but £80-90 is quite a high asking price for a percieved 'value' brand. I bought two brand new YY AT700's last month for £69.00 each (No, they're not fakes). So, if you look around there are bargains to be had.

Our coach used to be sponsored by Ashaway and so his racket(s) of choice are the Ashaway Kevlar 7000SQ; a £100 plus racket. I used to own one myself before I sold it to a friend, which I have regretted ever since as it is an awesome racket. Similar to the AT600 except its shaft is much stiffer compared to the AT600. Anyway. I've found a few online places that are selling it for £49.00.

15. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    In Canada, the APACS T300, L70, L90, Slayer 95 and Slayer 99 are selling between CAD$105.00 to CAD$110.00.
    Compare to other brand selection, these are good rackets + affordable prices.

16. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Sounds like it is hard to beat APACS. But also consider SOTX's older Woven series for a good deal. They were auctioning off Woven 8 (balanced, stiff allrounder) for <$100 from ibuysports. And you can still find others in that series for very good prices. eg. At puppysports the Woven 2 (my former favourite), is $61 US; the head-heavy Woven 7 is $79.

17. jazzroll

jazzroll Regular Member

goverment
    apacs racket, best value for money and have various model.....

18. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Couldn't agree more! Those Lethal and Tantrum series are just amazing!

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

anyone can recommend a value-for-money + (very) head heavy + (very) flexible shaft racket?

20. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    flite, do you know which shop in klang valley still selling this model? need a replacement for my X2 Gold.