SW 35 VS. Voltric 70 VS. Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ucantseeme, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello everybody,

I owned a SW 35 and play 4 times per week badminton. Mostly I play doubles and love to be at the back. I'm an offensive player. The SW35 was a good soldier.
    Now my question. I'm looking for a new racket. I have the choice to pick the SW35 again or give an other racket the chance. I'm keen to experiment, but I don't wan to to risk my money for a bad replacement. Feel free to give me your experiences with the rackets. Can you state the Balancepoints of the Voltirc 70 and Armortec 900 Technique?

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I can help !:)

I own a AT900T (4U), SW35 (3U) and have demo'd the VT70(4U) so I can give you a short comparison between these rackets for you.

IMO the SW35 is head and shoulder above theses rackets, SW35 is stiffer than the AT900T and VT70 and is a lot more powerful as well. The VT70 is quite flexy, in comparison to the SW35.

I think a (3U) AT900T would be very similar to the SW35 in terms of balance point, I would discount the VT70 as it is a mid range racket. I think that the SW35 has a superior edge over the AT900T. The SW35 has more power than the AT900T and if you really hit it sweetly then you get this magic extra 5% which is just unreal.

I would stick with the SW35 if I was you.:)

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I love the Voltric 70 - it has been my go-to racket since the day I received it (that said, I'm still not convinced I'll be sticking with it for too long). However, if you're happy with the SW35 I would probably stick with it. The VT70 and SW35 are both high end rackets so it's really down to preference - if you can demo or borrow a VT70, I would urge you to give it a go. If you'll be buying blind, definitely go for the SW35.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    my vt70 and at900 felt the same, but the feel on my sw35 is just different, and i actually like the feel on my sw35 better. they all swing the same, maybe just the vibration thru the racket that's different with the sw35 which i love :)

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

I own an AT900T and 900P, and also played with SW35 and VT70 in all weights 4U + 3U. I actually prefer all in the 3U. Out of all of them I'll rank the SW35 the best. It is fast enough to defend and stiff + headheavy enough for power. If you want a faster racket go with the 900T which has good power also. VT70 is slightly faster then 900T but the flexier shaft doesn't give it the solid feel of the other rackets. 900P feels most solid imo and is just a weeee bit slower then the SW35, more headheavy feeling.

Speed - VT70
    Speed,power - AT900T
    Evenly distrubited - SW35
    Power - AT900P

just my 2cents

6. k9force2515

k9force2515 Regular Member

Student
    Haha definitely the Yonex Voltric 70 and all rounded racket good for offence and defence, if you are a hard hitter or control player it will suit you. Clears are effortless and my smashes are harder. Plus improved sound, you will sound like you are wielding a "dragon". Loud and powerful. I can land the shuttle to where I want it when defending and when offending, there is no limit to what you can do. It has the power of a ArcSaber Z-Slash, with the advantage of a larger sweet spot and the thin neck frame of a Nanospeed 9900 which makes it a hell lot faster. :)

7. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I have been using Yonex ARCS8DX for almost 3 months now. Just purchased SW35 2 days ago and tried it out for a few games. It feels very similar to the ARCS8DX which is also an all-rounded racket. You may well consider this racket too.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think the SW35 is more powerful than Arc8DX

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thank you for your posts.

Am I right? The Voltric is a midflex shaft? So it is dismissed.

What about the stiffness between SW35 and AT900T?
    I prefer stiff shafts. I don't benefit from "a wet noodle" rackets.:cool:

Are there any alternatives?

10. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    The AT 900 T is stiff, but I have both the Technique and the Poqer and I believe that the Power is silghtly stiffer...

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

SW35 is stiffer than AT900T.

12. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Yes, you're right. SW35 is indeed more powerful because it is more head heavy compared to ARCS8DX.

13. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    yes u right at900T is the best...

14. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    at900p/t have durability issues whereas sw35 is like a tank. there is no vibration whatsoever.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

if it's the best, why have you been going on about getting a z slash for about the last 4 months ?

16. gregs_pcs

gregs_pcs Regular Member

Having come from a Tantrum 200, I got a Voltric 70 for Xmas.

I didn't hit the first shot with it, I gave it to my friend who has an Arcsaber 7 and he had 3 shots and gave it back to me in disgust. I knew exactly what to expect from it though so I think I had already mentally altered my swing :p lol.

Its a good 10g lighter that my Tantrum which really isn't a heavy racket which means its really really fast and quick. It really does swing through the air so chances are you have some adjusting to do. But while you may be thinking theres a lack of power, the head heavy balance really gives it a punch. Its definetly more powerful than my old tantrum.

There are three main points about it. After adjusting to it, it is just as powerful as any racket and with its lightness, it has a speed that makes it perfect for defending.

Secondly. Not very useful to your point but its so quick about the net. Net kills are so quick thanks to its quickness that I just didnt have with any of my other rackets. Also, I found that quick interceptions from shots pushed up to my backhand or forehand could easily be pulled off with a pretty high sucess rate. That was a good bonus which is great to prevent a fumbled block or clear.

Thirdly, I don't know your standard but I'm a decent enough standard but even I noticed the number of mishits and mistimings dropped. This racket is really forgiving.

Its pricey but then again its Yonex which sucks.

17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thanks for your experiences.
    I dismissed the VT 70 and get another SW 35 yesterday.
    I get some money and I am currently still looking for a racket. I don't want to open a new thread with a different headline.

My new search:
    I am looking for a fast doublesracket. I own the BS 10 which is quite good, but I'm looking for some new stuff. I love to try new rackets to get a new experience and adjust my game.
    The BS is slightly headheavy.
    I'm looking for something between 295mm and 280mm with a stiff shaft.

I discovered the Spira 22 at Erics shop. It should be even balance and stiff. Any reviews?
    I'm very impatient to see the Metor X 80. I can't wait. It's cruel.
    I give the AT 900 T a second chance.
    And I heard good things about the NS9900.

So here ist the new choice:

- Spira 22
    - Meteor X 80
    - AT 900 T
    - Nanospeed 9900

What I want:
    a racket which cuts and swings faster than the BS10. Raw power isn't so important. Good control. Overall a good defending racket.

Please feel free to post your opinions, experiences and advices.

18. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I have AT900P, VT70, SW35, BS10 (all 3U)
    I agree with you :)

Power ---> AT900P
    Speed ---> BS10 (also NS9900)
    Combination of Both ---> SW35 and VT70 :)

19. Jimmy Ng

Jimmy Ng Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I bought a SW35 3 weeks ago..played it for around 15 game...it getting better & better after u get used to the head heavy design. I'm using ARC7 & MP100 b4. SW35 is the most powerful racket ever!!! this racket is not a "slow" racket if u have enough arm power to swing it...like it very much.

20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree totally. The SW 35 is an amazing weapon. I enjoy playing with it singles or playing at the back for doubles.
    Now I'm looking for a different racket. The threads name isn't my actually situation. I'm looking for an even balance to headlight racket with a stiff shaft.
    My selection is now:

- Nanospeed 9900 (3U)
    - Armortec 900 Technique (3U)
    - Spira 21 (3U)
    - Meteor X80 (3U)

Feel free to comment or compare this rackets. I'm interested to know how are this rackets compared to the BS10 (3U). I'm not sure to wait for the Meteor X80 or buy one of this 3 released ones.
    If you have an insider tip feel free to post it.

#20 ucantseeme, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011