User Tag List

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by putting his into the thomas cup.. it will encourage him to train harder ... it also will improved his game as he had the opportunity sparring with lee chong wei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by athram1010 View Post
    by putting his into the thomas cup.. it will encourage him to train harder ... it also will improved his game as he had the opportunity sparring with lee chong wei
    As stated, what about the other national trainees ahead of him who do not have a chance yet? They also have the talent since they have been accepted into the national team and they also need such exposure to invigorate and inspire them to do better.

Maybe a common selection trial among the prospects just before major events like the TU based purely on merit is the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much, too soon. How about ZZ wins one or two GP Golds first before insisting that he be in the Thomas Cup squad? Or spar against all the BAM singles players in their stable in a selection process? And make it public. If he wins, great. If not, he'll come back down to Earth soon enough.
    Last edited by Voltric; 12-14-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is young and talented - only 18 years rank - 157 (8/12/2011
    achievement:
    asian junior champion 2011
    youth commonwealth - gold medalist
    world junior champion 2011 ( defeating victor axelssen rank 40 )
    malaysia international challenge 2011 - semifinalist

others:
    Hafiz
    age 29 ( rank 34 - as 8/12/2011)
    recent achievement semifinalist kumpoo open
    ( not sure BAM will select him )
    But most of other bam player - still having tough time to defeat him

Daren liew
    age 24
    rank ( 48 -as 8/12/2011)
    already very old ... 24 ( what he been doing all this time )
    had a yo yo achievement
    best achievement 2011 - quarterfinal in Vietnam open
    (probably will be selected )

Muhammad arif latif
    age 22 rank: 64
    other same batch -2007 junior like kenichi tago and cheng long already giving chong wei a had time ) and become elite player ...
    improving this year -
    best achievement- semifinalist korea open
    finalist of malaysia international challenge
    (most likely to be selected)

Chong wei feng
    age 24
    rank -77
    very senior player
    already been in thomas cup many times
    play still not improving
    best achievement - semifinalist malaysia international challenge 2011 ( same as zz)

chan kuan beng
    age 23
    rank -84
    probably already had play in thomas cup many time already
    play still not improving
    best achiement - quarter final of indonesia open (gold ) and bitberger open 2011

Yogendran krishnan
    rank- 87 (will not be selected)

Tan chung seng
    rank - 94 (will not be selected)

Misbun Ramdan Mohd misbun
    rank 121
    show good improvement this year
    only lack of exposure by BAM
    achievement - quarter finalist of malaysia international challenge 2011 and indonesian open (gold)
    - good candidate for thomas cup

goh soon huat
    only good in national level
    achievement - 2nd round of malaysia international challenge
    (not a good candidate fot thomas cup)

Kuan Beng Hong
    age:23-24 ( not sure)- any one can correct me if im wrong
    senior player --- old already and maybe been in thomas cup already
    best achievement: quarter final in singapore international challenge and vietnam grand prix open
    suffer bad achievement toward end of year
    (not a good candidate for thomas cup )

Chong chiek lok
    Who is this ??

iskandar zulkarnain
    ( 2009 world and asian junior finalist )
    --> lack exposure to international level by BAM
    best achievement: 3rd round of malaysia international challenge 2011

Lim fang yang
    rank 202
    best achievemet: 2nd round malaysia international challenge 2011..

my selection of player ( based on achievement----by merit)
    1. lee chong wei ----------------------------------winner of super series
    2. hafiz hashim ( not sure if BAM will select him)-----semifinalist of kumpoo open gold
    3. Muhammad arif latif -----------------------------semifinalist of korean open
    4. Darren Liew ------------------------------quarterfinal vitnam open + regular superseries 1st round
    5. Zulfadli zulkifli ----------------------------semifinalist malaysia internatinal challenge
    6. Misbun ramdan mohammad misbun --quarterfinal malaysia international challenge and indonesia open
    7. Chong wei feng ----------semifinal of malaysia international challenge
    8. Chan Kuan Beng ---------quarterfinal of bitburger open and indonesia open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

voltric
    are muhammad arif or even darren win any GP gold .... the answer is no ....even arif best achievement is semifinalist korean open... daren liew ... regular casualty of 1st round superseries ... and best achievement this year .. quarter final of vietnam open

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i remember
    zul have a better head to head against arif
    correct me if i am wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No... Zulfadli never beat arif .. Last he lost to arif in malaysia international challenge 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In semifinal .. Forget to mention

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha
    i have a memory fail
    just check
    arif beat zul 5 times in national tournament and once in international tournament

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did any other trainees show any result to justified their selection over zz... I already do some analysis -- i justifed my thomas cup selection .. So who do think more deserved than zz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limsy, you forgot Loh Wei Sheng
    And Chan Kwong Beng havent been for TC yet if I remember correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chan kuan beng result not very convincing .... already been a senior player for so long yet not produced any significant result ....( please refer to my post earlier)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Limsy, you forgot Loh Wei Sheng
    And Chan Kwong Beng havent been for TC yet if I remember correctly
    lol
    loh career is gone after he decide to study
    u cant get everything u want,if u are not 100% commited
    scare of no money to eat if only focus on badminton
    hehe,mean u cant excel in badminton too
    he lost in india gp gold qualification 1st round
    anyway,i do think it's better to invest in zul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

limsy .. i agree with you ...
    i see good attitude from zul ...
    willing work harder ... that why he succeed in junior
    hope he can continue to work hard

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now, even Lee Kok Choong (from Micheal's Badminton Academy) is coming in to support ZZ.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/ne....php?id=634244

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Selection, periodization and zz

Titles and past records count for nothing if the player is unable to perform at his peak during the current event/tournament. So ZZ's WJC title is only a record. He has to perform at the senior level.

But to expect a player to perform at his peak at all tournaments is unrealistic since his preparation schedule may have specific targets stretched over a period of time. Periodization is an action plan to enable the player to train for major tournaments and for him to perhaps warm up for minor competitions, with the necessary "winding down" rest and relaxation time in between to allow him to achieve peak condition at the targetted tournament. This could cover several months.

While BAM's national players may not be able to produce their best results during the many competitions now available under BWF sanctioned tournaments such as the SS and GP events, their training schedule may be targetted at different competitions, the LOG 2012 being the most important for those who qualified or trying to qualify.

So in a sense, to see LCW continuing to play so well especially when LD is not around, is quite remarkable but I think his main goal is to be the Olympic champion - perhaps his last chance to do so.

In badminton team events like the Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, Commonwealth Games and SEA Games, more players are involved unlike the Olympics when personal glory is omnipotent. By its very nature, in team events team spirit is important to gel the players to perform better. Naturally, players who have been training under BAM would have formed a closer bond than those outside of BAM like KLRC. In fact BAM and KLRC are generally regarded as competitors as painted by the press.

So how do you fit in ZZ, who is playing under KLRC, for a team event like the Thomas Cup when he is taken as a rival by BAM's MS players? Worse still, ZZ is considered at best a junior player when some of the senior players under BAM are also competing to represent MAS?

To prepare for a major assignment like the TC, players must come together to train for perhaps several weeks, possibly culminating in a training camp towards the end. This is not only to perfect their technical, physical and mental abilities but also to inculcate the team spirit of "one for all and all for one".

So I think the more the parties concerned, including the press, wanting to pressure or dominate the proceedings currently fought out in the open, the less likely will ZZ be taken under BAM for induction into the TC team to win accolades for MAS. ZZ becomes the unavoidable point of contention rejected on account of political difference of those wanting to demonstrate who has the greater power.

I was thinking a democratic selection trial could solve the problem of representation, but the power of politics seems so dominant as to hijack all possibilities. Not if ZZ finally decided to join the BAM fold.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Titles and past records count for nothing if the player is unable to perform at his peak during the current event/tournament. So ZZ's WJC title is only a record. He has to perform at the senior level.

But to expect a player to perform at his peak at all tournaments is unrealistic since his preparation schedule may have specific targets stretched over a period of time. Periodization is an action plan to enable the player to train for major tournaments and for him to perhaps warm up for minor competitions, with the necessary "winding down" rest and relaxation time in between to allow him to achieve peak condition at the targetted tournament. This could cover several months.

While BAM's national players may not be able to produce their best results during the many competitions now available under BWF sanctioned tournaments such as the SS and GP events, their training schedule may be targetted at different competitions, the LOG 2012 being the most important for those who qualified or trying to qualify.

So in a sense, to see LCW continuing to play so well especially when LD is not around, is quite remarkable but I think his main goal is to be the Olympic champion - perhaps his last chance to do so.

In badminton team events like the Thomas Cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, Commonwealth Games and SEA Games, more players are involved unlike the Olympics when personal glory is omnipotent. By its very nature, in team events team spirit is important to gel the players to perform better. Naturally, players who have been training under BAM would have formed a closer bond than those outside of BAM like KLRC. In fact BAM and KLRC are generally regarded as competitors as painted by the press.

So how do you fit in ZZ, who is playing under KLRC, for a team event like the Thomas Cup when he is taken as a rival by BAM's MS players? Worse still, ZZ is considered at best a junior player when some of the senior players under BAM are also competing to represent MAS?

To prepare for a major assignment like the TC, players must come together to train for perhaps several weeks, possibly culminating in a training camp towards the end. This is not only to perfect their technical, physical and mental abilities but also to inculcate the team spirit of "one for all and all for one".

So I think the more the parties concerned, including the press, wanting to pressure or dominate the proceedings currently fought out in the open, the less likely will ZZ be taken under BAM for induction into the TC team to win accolades for MAS. ZZ becomes the unavoidable point of contention rejected on account of political difference of those wanting to demonstrate who has the greater power.

I was thinking a democratic selection trial could solve the problem of representation, but the power of politics seems so dominant as to hijack all possibilities. Not if ZZ finally decided to join the BAM fold.
    What you are saying is not different from what BAM are thinking.

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast