User Tag List

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's focus on Zul's results, in particular, international tourneys.

Excluding AJC & WJC, I would say that KLRC has been very good in terms of exposing Zul to a few IC, GP, and even GPG tourneys. Here's his achievements in the 11 tourneys he took part in:
    SF - Malaysia IC (losing to Mohd Arif Latif)
    R16 - India GPG (losing to Alamsyah Yunus)
    R32 - Macau Open GPG & Australia Open GPG (losing to Simon Santoso and Lu Yi)
    R64 - Indonesia Open GPG, Vietnam GP, Thailand Open GPG, Malaysia Open GPG (losing to Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Chong Wei Feng, and Daren Liew)
    R128 - Indonesia IC (losing to Indra Bagus)
    Qualifying - Belgian international, Austrian IC (losing to Nikolaj Persson and Rei Sato)

As a junior player, I think his result last year was quite reasonable, in particular the last 3 tourneys where he managed to progress to SF of an IC event and R16 of a GPG event. KLRC's support for him in terms of tournament exposure is also very good (for a junior player) and from that, we can see that Dr. Andrew Kam is indeed keen on grooming Zul.

Keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To ensure that ZZ and his backers are not "contaminated" by BAM then I suggest he has nothing to do with BAM except to fight for a place in the country's Thomas Cup team. He can do this through a series of competitive Thomas Cup selection matches where only the best 2 players other than LCW are selected.
    From the voices of singing praises I hear about him here he should have no problem trouncing all the others like HH, WCH, and the other elite singles players. Other then this he should be kept completely at arm's length from BAM lest he and his supporters start blaming BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides this, in order to catapult him higher, all the seniors esp lcw should contribute to give him tips. What can be better than sparring and getting good tips from wr1?? Now this put in question if 1Malaysia or leadership is at work. My butt 1Malaysia.. Go tell Jibby man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guyz are seriously OVERRATING this guy Zulfadli.

Winning WJC or AJC doesn't really mean anything. Many CHN and MAS players won this in the past and their performance gone downhill straight after it.

This guy Zulfadli reminds me of Yeoh Kay Bin in the early 2000s. YKB won 2nd place in AJC and WJC and everybody thought he would be the next big in the Men Singles for MAS. But Guess what, until today, he just won 1 major '2nd tier' title.

LCW never won anything big during junior time and still made it big at senior level. If anything, people should evaluate Zul based on his senior performance and discard the past from now on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb This interesting thing about Zulfadli Zulkifli is that he wishes to be independent

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post

Winning WJC or AJC doesn't really mean anything. Many CHN and MAS players won this in the past and their performance gone downhill straight after it.
    This interesting thing about Zulfadli Zulkifli is that he wishes to do it his way - independent from BAM.

About whether he will perform well in future tournaments or not, we have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be truly independent, Zulfadli Zulkifli must have nothing to do with BAM or to use any our BAM's resources including facilities, sparring partners, administrative support services, etc., etc.
    Also to be above board and to avoid any complaints of favoritism he must fight for a place in the country's Thomas Cup two remaining singles. He against all the others (except LCW) in a round robin selection elimination series of matches. Only the two players with the highest winning points get selected. If he fails to make it then he can come back the next year to qualify. If he makes it then going independent for him does work.
    Now, we have to see which is better. Nothing better and fairer than this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy Zulfadli reminds me of Yeoh Kay Bin in the early 2000s. YKB won 2nd place in AJC and WJC and everybody thought he would be the next big in the Men Singles for MAS. But Guess what, until today, he just won 1 major '2nd tier' title.

LCW never won anything big during junior time and still made it big at senior level. If anything, people should evaluate Zul based on his senior performance and discard the past from now on.
    have u ever watch zulfadli match?

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    To be truly independent, Zulfadli Zulkifli must have nothing to do with BAM or to use any our BAM's resources including facilities, sparring partners, administrative support services, etc., etc.
    Also to be above board and to avoid any complaints of favoritism he must fight for a place in the country's Thomas Cup two remaining singles. He against all the others (except LCW) in a round robin selection elimination series of matches. Only the two players with the highest winning points get selected. If he fails to make it then he can come back the next year to qualify. If he makes it then going independent for him does work.
    Now, we have to see which is better. Nothing better and fairer than this.
    do bam really have a round robin match for selection?seriously?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guyz are seriously OVERRATING this guy Zulfadli.Winning WJC or AJC doesn't really mean anything. Many CHN and MAS players won this in the past and their performance gone downhill straight after it.This guy Zulfadli reminds me of Yeoh Kay Bin in the early 2000s. YKB won 2nd place in AJC and WJC and everybody thought he would be the next big in the Men Singles for MAS. But Guess what, until today, he just won 1 major '2nd tier' title.LCW never won anything big during junior time and still made it big at senior level. If anything, people should evaluate Zul based on his senior performance and discard the past from now on.
    Agree. ZZ thinks well but he wants to get on the fast track with the help of LCW. What he should do is ask LCW how he has managed to reach his level ( and still improving) without top class teammates. For a start, maybe he could try to take two or three sparring partners at one go. As for YKB, part of his problem was not having the right coach at the right time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    have u ever watch zulfadli match?
    I have watch a few of his match online.

Do you have any video clip or links for his match ? (particularly the final in WJC 2011)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have watch a few of his match online.

Do you have any video clip or links for his match ? (particularly the final in WJC 2011)
    how u rate him then?
    no,i never download his matches

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    how u rate him then?no,i never download his matches
    I would rate him behind Daren, Arif, CWF, Alamshah, Hayom, etc. He definitely knows how to defeat Viktor A but Viktor A is definitely better overall than him, just based on how many upsets he has delivered on the senior circuit. A WJC is like a top primary school student. A SS champion is like a top university student.I m not trying to downplay the WJC status but essentially a WJC title is great for the resume ; it helps get attention and opportunities. LCW gets to where he is because he works on what he s gifted and takes no short cuts. That s why LCW is so consistent now that only rote trained players have a chance to defeat him( which turns to nil once LCW changes his syllabus constantly). If you backpack your way to a destination, you are gonna know more and be richer for the experience than one who gets chauffeured, although it takes a lot longer to arrive. I would give ZZ five years to win a SS title, three if he takes a journey like LCW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=l

do bam really have a round robin match for selection?seriously?[/QUOTE]

If the contenders for the two remaining singles are of comparable standard/level, then they should have such a selection series of matches, especially if there are independent players who are up to this level. Obviously, HH has a better head-to-head record than ZZ and perhaps the other contenders are also better than ZZ, which may explain why there is no selection round. Now things would be quite different if ZZ has been beating HH and the others consistently. If not, then he should serve his apprenticeship first instead of trying to come in by the backdoor.
    Too much haste may end up in a premature burnout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude....Like What the F*ck.

This kid though I haven't seen many of his match videos to judge how good/talented he is, this guy not long ago created history by adding a Malaysian name on the list of junior champions for MS.

A sound of promising prodigy who won both Asian and World Junior Championship which even Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei didn't manage to capture at his age turned to mute by BAM just because he is inexperienced ??

When the f*ck are you going to learn BAM ????!! So kiasu and Kiasi to max until you put other players' prospects at risk. It's people like you tards that cause players like Kuan Beng Hong, Arif etc to fade so quickly..

Take for example, Kuan Beng Hong yes I agree he was a big flop for a debutant but you guys plus Lee Chong Wei don't have to go extra miles to take his as a scapegoat to be blamed for the Thomas Cup exit. When you had the chance to field young Arif to compete in the Thomas Cup in the third MS slot, it didn't happen and now he is another washed out player with no hope because nobody wanted to feed them with experience and confidence at the expense of their hopeless position and reputation.

That concludes how retarded the association is and you are blooody lucky to have politically corrupted Lee Chong Wei to save your backsides, but it wont be any longer once I and everybody on TV watch how humiliating and degrading Malaysia team was in the qualifiers..

Can't to wait to see Team Malaysia by BAM to fail to qualify for the Thomas Cup for the first time in the history of Malaysia badminton HAHAHAHAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let this kid breath. this kid is too young & need more exposure.He's very lucky not to train under BAM, but he needs a quality sparring partners like LCW in order to boost his performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it is time for Grandpa Misbun to raise this kid?? deng deng deng.. aha...

so who want to be the first to ask misbun to coach him?

I notice lots of youngsters likes to play high percentage risky shots. eg netting and hitting to the side lines wasting points. I'll smack on their heads if they continue to give silly points away in training or real games.
    Last edited by extremenanopowe; 01-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZZ's international performance as indicated above is nothing to shout about.

So some quarters here want him to be included in the forthcoming Thomas Cup. On merit alone he can't even get past most of the current National squad players so where is the justification for him to be included? And 'independent' HH is included because he is considered to be better than all the rest except LCW.

So Chris' frequent rhetoric that BAM is biased against independent players should be thrown out of the window once and for all.

I agree that since ZZ chose to remain 'independent' with KLRC, he should not count on BAM to help him at all. He and some others here should not insist that BAM should release LCW to spar with him. He has to prove he can succeed without BAM.

Talking about being 'independent' ZZ's current relationship with KLRC cannot be considered as such. To me, being independent means you don't rely on anybody but yourself to get everything done.

In that sense, the so-called 'independent' players that are tied to the clubs in Indonesia are not strictly independent. They have also to abide by the rules of the clubs before they get their pay checks or allowances.

Perhaps in badminton Taufik Hidayat is the true independent player.

Like most of his counterparts in tennis, I guess he has to arrange everything himself - from engaging a coach to arranging for flight and accommodation to his next tournament.

So please don't tell me that ZZ is an independent player that has been acclaimed so often here.
    Last edited by Loh; 01-23-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have high hopes for ZZ, but I have to admit he has a long way to go. In my earlier post, I mentioned that his head to head record against BAM senior players is not in his favour yet. MAS TC team cant afford to give experience and exposure to ANY players because sadly as we all aware MAS team is WEAK.

ZZ shouldn't feel gutted too much about not joining the TC team, at the time being he should just focus on winning smaller senior level tournaments, and keep trying to muscle his way out of qualification rounds in SS (before he can do that, he needs to improve his ranking first).

The 'dont count your chickens before they hatch' thing? Leave it to BC members
    ZZ, especially his father Mr Zulkiffli Sidek, should just focus to improve ZZ's game and ranking. If all goes well, BAM will come to ZZ.

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast