User Tag List

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Is he good? can u beat him? in BADMINTOn i meant!
    Lol sure lose la... doubles still can survive.....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the score? TS link..
    not sure
    ask chris
    he mention that after he chat with zulfadli father during australia tournament
    i read that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 Malaysian National Circuit tournament

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    lolx... no wonder Arif is still playing at masak masak tournaments lor...
    Today, Friday 18-Feb-2011, at the Malaysian National Circuit (Kuala Terengganu);

* Arif defeated Chan Kwong Beng......19-21, 21-09, 17-13 (retired)......61 minutes
    * Zulfadli defeated Lim Fang Yang.....21-12, 21-13............................35 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Today, Friday 18-Feb-2011, at the Malaysian National Circuit (Kuala Terengganu);

* Arif defeated Chan Kwong Beng......19-21, 21-09, 17-13 (retired)......61 minutes
    * Zulfadli defeated Lim Fang Yang.....21-12, 21-13............................35 minutes.
    Very surprising that Zulfadli had such an easy win. Aim for Tan Chun Seang next! Congratulations!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 Malaysian National Circuit tournament

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Very surprising that Zulfadli had such an easy win. Aim for Tan Chun Seang next! Congratulations!
    The 2011 Malaysian National Circuit tournament (Evening match on Fri 18-Feb-2011)

Tan Chun Seang was too strong for Zulfadli. The match score was 21-16, 21-18, with TCS winning in 43 minutes.

Arif is still going well though. He defeated Soong Joo Ven 21-14, 21-15 in a quick 29 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zulfadli was leading 12-9 against Lu Yi of China, when he got injured before retiring at 12-14 Hope it's not serious...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy 2011 Australian Open GP Gold: Zulfadli Zulkiffli got injured in Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Zulfadli was leading 12-9 against Lu Yi of China, when he got injured before retiring at 12-14 Hope it's not serious...
    Oh no... Hope that BCers who were at the venue can tell us what the injury was, and how it was caused.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up ZZ performed well at the 2011 Malaysian 100Plus National Junior Circuit GP Finals

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Oh no... Hope that BCers who were at the venue can tell us what the injury was, and how it was caused.
    Just returned to read this thread;

So, no BCers knew what the injury was?

Anyway, ZZ performed well at the 2011 Malaysian 100Plus National Junior Circuit Grand Prix Finals;

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...afb0964544a8,0

Tuesday May 24, 2011
    By KNG ZHENG GUAN

PETALING JAYA: The just concluded 100Plus National Junior Circuit Grand Prix Finals was seen as the platform to showcase the next badminton talent in the country.

And there were good potential in Jagdish Singh-Low Juan Shen (boys’ doubles), Chow Mei Kuan-Lee Meng Yean (girls’ doubles) and Yang Li Lian (girls’ singles), who emerged as champions in the Under-18 competition. And girls’ Under-16 winner Sylvia Kavita Kumares showed that she is one to watch in the future.

However, these shuttlers come under the Bukit Jalil Sports School’s (BJSS) programme and much was expected of them.

In the boys’ singles department, the situation is a little more dire.

BJSS fielded eight players in the boys’ Under-18 singles and three of them did not even make the quarter-finals. And the winner, Zulfadli Zulkifli, is not a member of the national badminton set-up.

The 18-year-old Kuala Lumpur player’s win was made even more impressive as he beat a host of BJSS shuttlers, including Nur Mohd Azriyn Ayup in the final.

Zulfadli should join the national set-up because it will only serve to make him a better player. Even KL coach A. Sankar has the same opinion.

“Zulfadli is an incredibly talented player and only through a good training programme such as the BAM’s can he go far and fulfil his potential,” said Sankar.

However, Zulfadli played down the idea of joining the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).

“For now, I am satisfied with my training programme with KLRC (a professional badminton outfit) and there is no immediate plan to join the national set-up,” he said.

“My current goals are to play for Malaysia in the Asian Juniors (in July) and the World Juniors (in October). It doesn’t matter whether I am with the BAM or not because at the end of the day, I still have to give my best for the country.

“A reason for having the edge over the BJSS players is my participation in more international tournaments than them. The experience I gained helps make me a better player.”

However, Zulfadli said that he would not totally rule out joining the BAM.

“My long-term goal is to gain more world ranking because I want to play in an Olympics. It is an honour to don national colours and maybe being part of the BAM may improve my chances,” said Zulfadli, who is currently ranked at No. 188.

For the Asian Juniors, Zulfadli is certain to be one of the key players in the team. He did better than Azriyn and Goh Giap Chin in GP Finals and will be joining the national juniors for centralised training next month.

For the BAM though, all hope is not lost.

Azriyn and Giap Chin showed plenty of promise in the tournament last week and they can be counted on too to win honours in the Asian Juniors.

Malaysia have never won the singles title in the series with only two runner-up finishes by Mohd Arif Abdul Latif (2007) and Iskandar Zulkarnian Zainuddin (2009).

With Zulfadli leading the charge, the title duck could be broken. But whether he joins the BAM or not after that is left to be seen.

But as the BAM general manager, Kenny Goh, puts it: “The door is always open for him to join us because such a move will only be in the best interest for a player of his talent.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zulfadli took the first game 21-13 against Chong Wei Feng. Not long ago, he took the first game against Liew Daren too before going down in three. Good that he keeps giving the backups a run for their money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The back ups should be ashamed of this because they train full time with BAM while ZZ is still young and do not train full time as frequently as the back ups in BAM.

Thumbs up for ZZ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The back ups should be ashamed of this because they train full time with BAM while ZZ is still young and do not train full time as frequently as the back ups in BAM.

Thumbs up for ZZ.
    ZZ still have problems in stamina compared to the backups... he beat Liew Daren and CWF easily in the first game but kaput in the next two le.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's of course. As i said before this, he didn't train FULL TIME as our back up players did but then still manage to win at least a set from them, is considered very good already.
    Consider his young age and condition of training, it's a shame for our ELITE BACK UP players..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately ZZ is not under BAM, so he has not train in great program provided by BAM, especially stamina and physical training (gym)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    unfortunately ZZ is not under BAM, so he has not train in great program provided by BAM, especially stamina and physical training (gym)...
    How great is the programme provided by BAM??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    How great is the programme provided by BAM??
    It's so great, look at the standard of our players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.........................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZZ better don't join BAM. If not, sure gone case.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast