User Tag List

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 Badminton Asia Youth Under 19 Championships

Well done Zulkiffli Zulfadli !!!

Our new Under 19 Asian Singles Champion.

All Results:

Wednesday 06-July: Zulfadli Zulkiffli defeated Tan Luong Khanh (VIE) 21-12, 21-10 in 21 mins.

Thursday 07-July (earlier match): Zulfadli Zulkiffli defeated Song Xue (CHN) 21-16, 23-21 in 40 mins.

Thursday 07-July (later match): Zulfadli Zulkiffli defeated Joshi Pratul (IND) 21-15, 21-9 in 31 mins.

Friday 08-July: Zulfadli Zulkiffli defeated Momota Kento (JPN) 21-18, 21-19 in 42 mins.

Saturday 09-July: Zulfadli Zulkiffli defeated Verma Sameer (IND) 21-15, 21-17 in 37 mins

Source: http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...A-826083B14882
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very impressive...can replace ariff??hope this guy can be like lee choong wei..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats ZZ.... now the real pessure starts... be strong grasshopper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad cannot see his match in live telecast...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done kid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation ZZ............hope u can improve further and reach higher level.

Remember this just a start for u, even LCW have never won this title.......so dont over joy with this title, keep working hard....wish u best of luck !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats to be the 1st ajc ms winner after we failed so many year for runner up, arif in 2007 iskandar in 2009 loh wei sheng in 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not forgetting Yeoh Kay Bin, who was AJC runner-up, forgot which year.

Zul is first Malaysian to win Asian Junior boys’ singles title

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Youngster Zulfadli Zulkifli has done what others before him have failed – become Malaysia’s first-ever shuttler to win the boys’ singles title at the Asian Junior Championships.
    The 18-year-old Zulfadli created history in super style in Lucknow, India, yesterday when he pulled off a convincing 21-15, 21-17 win over local hopeful Verma Sameer in the 37-minute final.
    This is Malaysia’s first title since the tournament’s inception in 1997.
    Smashing first: Zulfadli Zulkifli showing off his gold medal after winning the boys’ singles title at the Asian Junior Championships Saturday.
    Two others – Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin – reached the final in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
    What made Zulfadli’s victory even more remarkable is that he did not come through the Badminton Association Malaysia’s (BAM) training system.
    The Kuala Lumpur player is coached by his father and is financially supported by KL Rackets (KLRC).
    With his win yesterday, Zulfadli has proved that an independent player can also make it big if he or she is willing to work hard.
    A modest Zulfadli was thrilled with his breakthrough.
    “This is the happiest day for me. I have finally won the first Asian Junior boys’ singles title for Malaysia in my third attempt. This is an historic achievement for Malaysia,” Zulfadli said in a telephone interview from Lucknow.
    “The home fans were rooting for Verma but I did not let it affect me. I stayed focused on my mission to win. I was not nervous, not even when I was leading 20-17 in the second game. I just wanted to end the long wait for Malaysia.”
    The lanky Zulfadli is happy to be reaping the rewards of his hard labour.
    “I am grateful to my dad-cum-coach ... he has always stood by me. I am also thankful to my sponsor KLRC, my family and friends. It feels good to have repaid the faith they all had in me,” he said.
    “Being an independent player has its own set of challenges. The win today makes up for all the hurdles that I have had to go through.”
    Zulfadli hopes his exploits in India is the beginning of better things to come. He is now eyeing more glory as he seeks to end his junior career on a high at the World Junior Championships, which will be held in Taiwan from Oct 28-Nov 6.
    “This is my last year as a junior player and I am happy that I have achieved one of my main targets. Now, I want to win the world junior title for a perfect end to my junior career,” he said.
    However, there was disappointment for Malaysia in the girls’ doubles event when Chow Mei Kuan-Lee Meng Yean ran out of gas in the final – going down 18-21, 21-16, 12-21 to Indonesians Andini Suci Rizki-Nuraidah Tiara Rosalia.
    Surprisingly, Indonesia were the biggest winners in the Asian junior meet when they also bagged the mixed doubles title. China and Taiwan took one title each.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...433&sec=sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go young man. WJC will have more challenges, esp from reigning champ Victor Axelsen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Zulfadli will most likely be 2nd seed for WJC, whereas Viktor will most likely be 1st seed. Then challenges from other countries making up the rest, probably Kim Bruun, Kento Momota etc will be seeded players (probably 9/16 or 5/8 seeds)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who knows, top seed may get upset like the chinese.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Congratulation ZZ............hope u can improve further and reach higher level.

Remember this just a start for u, even LCW have never won this title.......so dont over joy with this title, keep working hard....wish u best of luck !!
    I cannot agree any less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Let's hope that Zulfadli Zulkifli can win the 2011 WJC Singles title

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    congrats to be the 1st ajc ms winner after we failed so many year for runner up, arif in 2007 iskandar in 2009 loh wei sheng in 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Not forgetting Yeoh Kay Bin, who was AJC runner-up, forgot which year.
    Do you two have any records of best results for Malaysian Singles players at past World Junior Championships? Let's hope that Zulfadli Zulkifli can win the 2011 title in Taiwan (Oct 28-Nov 6).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .Do you two have any records of best results for Malaysian Singles players at past World Junior Championships? Let's hope that Zulfadli Zulkifli can win the 2011 title in Taiwan (Oct 28-Nov 6)..
    best result was iskandar as runner up in 2009. if not mistaken,arif, loh ws didnt reach finals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wjc ms finalist was yeoh kay bin and iskandar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hope that Zulfadli Zulkifli can continue to perform well

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    best result was iskandar as runner up in 2009. if not mistaken,arif, loh ws didnt reach finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    wjc ms finalist was yeoh kay bin and iskandar.
    Thanks for the info.

Somehow, Iskandar and Yeoh Kay Bin could not continue with their good performance.

Hope that Zulfadli Zulkifli can continue to perform well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Zulfadli for becoming Malaysia's first ever Asian Junior Champion!

Although Viktor Axelsen would probably be far ahead of the other juniors due to his exposure on the scene, I hope that Zulfadli can at least go all the way and meet him for WJC. Still needs more consistency, he was superb in the individual event but just average in the team event. But I rather have him lose in team;win in individual than win in team; lose in individual

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast