User Tag List

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 885
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol,since bam cant as arrogant in handling md independent player(they thought they have better stand)
    i believe they will treat zul better since bam desperately need someone to shine in ms
    that is the real face of bam

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is he injured again ? He retired against Hafiz.

  3. #122
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Badminton is half a century behind Tennis

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I don't really see it this way. In fact there are more tournaments for individuals than for teams. Just compare the SS tourneys versus the team championships like the Thomas/Uber Cups and Sudirman Cup. But I think the two are related in that if you can train good players they become assets for the team.
    .
    Let's just talk about individual tournaments. Let's read about some of our current players;

    * Lin Dan may wish to win a SS tournament, CBA told him to let one of his teammates win.
    * Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen qualified to participate in the 2011 World Championships. BAM said a lower pair will take their spot.
    * Zhang Beiwen has had a troubled relationship with the Singapore BA. Some months ago, she trained in Indonesia.
    * etc, etc, ......

    Remember this discussion;
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    so she still plays under singapore flag then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I don't think so since she has been dropped from the national squad.
    It's pity, she could have played in international tournaments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    It was reported in the local press last weekend that Zhang Beiwen is currently training in the Candra Wijaya Academy ......
    Yes, Tennis took years to change (in the 1960's and 1970's). We now find that Badminton is half a century behind Tennis.

    Rod Laver was excluded from World Tennis because he turned independent (from our Australian National Association).

    Today, while World Tennis say that they have regretted excluding Rod Laver, most professional independent Tennis players are thankful to him for making Tennis as a sport for individual players, instead of for associations players.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-14-2011 at 07:00 AM.

  4. #123
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    he cant play for indonesia(mother side),just like lee chong wei cant play for china(grand grand mother side),lol
    congrats for him to beat iskandar,intelligently haha
    Wait a minute...are you alluding to citizenship rules that children follows father side, not mother such that ZZ remains malaysian? I am thinking more of if Indonesia makes an offer to his parent that they cannot refuse, that rules are made to be broken or can bend to suit the situation, if ZZ and his siblings are that talented and talent is missing in INA these days, what can stopped ZZ playing for INA?
    ZZ is independent, no penalty playing for another country unlike pro players under contract with BAM. MAS is looking for the next LCW, so is INA looking to replace TH.

  5. #124
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 Kedah Open

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Is he injured again ? He retired against Hafiz.
    .
    IMHO, Zulfadli shouldn't have participated in this tournament (2011 Kedah Open) because of his tired and hectic schedule last week.
    .

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    ZZ is independent, no penalty playing for another country unlike pro players under contract with BAM. MAS is looking for the next LCW, so is INA looking to replace TH.
    If BAM wants, BAM can ban Zul from participating in International tournaments for 2 years. Remember, the national associations have to endorse each & every player's participation. That's why all the independent players have to show up in the current running Kedah Open, BAM just made it a requirement.

    Chris@ccc, compulsory to participate. That's also why I suspect WCH retired after a couple of points playing. Have to show face there

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If BAM wants, BAM can ban Zul from participating in International tournaments for 2 years. Remember, the national associations have to endorse each & every player's participation. That's why all the independent players have to show up in the current running Kedah Open, BAM just made it a requirement.Chris@ccc, compulsory to participate. That's also why I suspect WCH retired after a couple of points playing. Have to show face there
    Yep WCH retired after leading 1-0 lol

  8. #127
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile WCH only played ONE rally/point

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    ......
    Remember, the national associations have to endorse each & every player's participation. That's why all the independent players have to show up in the current running Kedah Open, BAM just made it a requirement.

    Chris@ccc, compulsory to participate. That's also why I suspect WCH retired after a couple of points playing. Have to show face there
    .
    It just shows how much power BAM has over Malaysian players.

    WCH only played ONE rally/point.
    .

  9. #128
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yep WCH retired after leading 1-0 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    It just shows how much power BAM has over Malaysian players.

    WCH only played ONE rally/point.
    .
    The Star reporter interview WCH & asked him why. If I recall correctly, WCH said he just flew in from Germany/overseas. Had slight fever, so, decided show his face to Kedah fans, warm up his creaking bones & happily retire(of course lah uncle Wong didnt say that, he just said he's down with fever)
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 07-14-2011 at 09:01 AM.

  10. #129
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 Kedah Open: Yeoh Kay Bin defeated WCH 1-0

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yep WCH retired after leading 1-0 lol
    .
    Actually, Yeoh Kay Bin was leading, not WCH.
    .

  11. #130
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Feeling sorry for WCH

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The Star reporter interview WCH & asked him why. If I recall correctly, WCH said he just flew in from Germany/overseas. Had slight fever, so, decided show his face to Kedah fans, warm up his creaking bones & happily retire(of course lah uncle Wong didnt say that, he just said he's down with fever)
    .
    Feel so sorry for WCH's fans wishing to watch WCH play.

    Also, feeling sorry for WCH himself - flying hundreds of miles to show up for just a few seconds.
    .

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If BAM wants, BAM can ban Zul from participating in International tournaments for 2 years. Remember, the national associations have to endorse each & every player's participation. That's why all the independent players have to show up in the current running Kedah Open, BAM just made it a requirement.

    Chris@ccc, compulsory to participate. That's also why I suspect WCH retired after a couple of points playing. Have to show face there
    Eagle, that is not my question. I meant if ZZ and his siblings wants to play for INA and since ZZ has no contract with BAM, there is no 2-year penalty stopping that. ZZ and his siblings can claim duo citizenships so can play for either MAS or INA. And if ZZ is really that talented that so many people project him to be the next LCW, wouldn't INA wants him?
    INA has Alamsah, Hayon and add the 4 zorros, and INA always find a way to develop MDs, Thomas Cup for INA has hope.

  13. #132
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INA would love to take him or the whole family .

    And offer the father a coaching post

  14. #133
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default KLRC doing A Great Job

    Courtesy of The Star

    Andrew’s love for badminton has produced champions like Zulfadli

    By RAJES PAUL

    KUALA LUMPUR: Reigning Asian junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli is staying put with Malaysia’s world-renowned badminton club – KLRC.
    And big plans are now in store to turn Zulfadli into a future Olympic champion.
    The 18-year-old Zulfadli became Malaysia’s first Asian boys’ singles champion in Lucknow, India, last week.
    Zulfadli’s achievement was hailed as he did not come through the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) centralised training programme.
    KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam said that Zulfadli’s breakthrough was a testament of the professional club’s labour of love for the sport.
    “KLRC spotted Zulfadli when he was 13 and we took him under our wings. Now, he has proven to us that he has the potential to become an Olympic champion,” said Andrew yesterday.
    ”He had a choice to choose – BAM or KLRC– and he picked us,” he added.
    Andrew said that KLRC’s role was more than mere sponsors.
    “We are involved in developing and unearthing new talents. Initially, KLRC started with former players and retired players. But now, we scout for talents and we are very happy with Zulfadli’s success,” said Andrew.
    In a bid to strengthen the club, KLRC have engaged a new coach – Indonesian Hadi Idris – who previously coached India’s Saina Nehwal.
    ”We have Zulfadli’s father and Hadi as coaches now. Zulfadli also enjoys the benefit of sparring with a few of our senior players and it has added more variety to his game,” said Andrew.
    The seniors playing under the KLRC banner are Mohd Hafiz Hashim and former internationals Sairul Amar Ayob and Lee Tsuen Seng. Sometimes, Zulfadli also plays with KLRC-sponsored international players.
    Andrew said that new mindset was needed to encourage clubs to contribute to the development of the sport.
    ”We are here to complement BAM. With the involvement of more clubs, we can have a bigger pool of talents,” he said.
    Asked about his involvement in the sport, Andrew, who owns several gold mines, said: “I love the sport. And I believe that players need to be given a second chance to pursue their careers – in sports or even outside of the game.”
    Some of KLRC’s former players like Ang Li Peng and K. Sugina were even given scholarships to further their tertiary education. Li Peng is now a lawyer while Sugina is a doctor.

  15. #134
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hiring an extra coach is not enough, They need a team of experts or tie up with nsc

  16. #135
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,699
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Let's just talk about individual tournaments. Let's read about some of our current players;

    * Lin Dan may wish to win a SS tournament, CBA told him to let one of his teammates win.
    * Gan Teik Chai/Tan Bin Shen qualified to participate in the 2011 World Championships. BAM said a lower pair will take their spot.
    * Zhang Beiwen has had a troubled relationship with the Singapore BA. Some months ago, she trained in Indonesia.
    * etc, etc, ......

    Remember this discussion;




    Yes, Tennis took years to change (in the 1960's and 1970's). We now find that Badminton is half a century behind Tennis.

    Rod Laver was excluded from World Tennis because he turned independent (from our Australian National Association).

    Today, while World Tennis say that they have regretted excluding Rod Laver, most professional independent Tennis players are thankful to him for making Tennis as a sport for individual players, instead of for associations players.
    .
    If an individual player is talented, committed and disciplined, there is less likelihood that he/she will give problems to himself/herself or to the NAs. Such players will be "treasured" by the NAs for they will likely be the ones who will bring glory to the nation (national interest coincides with NA interest).

    But after spending so much time and resources on "prima-donna" and ill-disciplined players, they still act negatively, how does one expect the NAs to support them further without being fair to the other players who are members of the same team?

    I can't say much about the other players, but on Singaporean ZBW, she has already brought problems to herself and to the SBA. Despite this the SBA is still giving her a "final" chance, I think, because the SBA has taken lots of trouble and risk to bring her into Singapore when she was only a young teen and surely SBA wants her to do well now that she is an adult.

    Just as SBA has given another opportunity to Gu Juan, who seems to be progressing well, focussing on her ambition to become a top professional.

    I think the SBA has been more than fair and to me, it has gone out of its way to help errant players.
    Last edited by Loh; 07-14-2011 at 11:45 PM.

  17. #136
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,699
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Courtesy of The Star

    Andrew’s love for badminton has produced champions like Zulfadli - By RAJES PAUL]

    KUALA LUMPUR: Reigning Asian junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli is staying put with Malaysia’s world-renowned badminton club – KLRC.
    And big plans are now in store to turn Zulfadli into a future Olympic champion.

    The 18-year-old Zulfadli became Malaysia’s first Asian boys’ singles champion in Lucknow, India, last week.

    Zulfadli’s achievement was hailed as he did not come through the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) centralised training programme.

    KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam said that Zulfadli’s breakthrough was a testament of the professional club’s labour of love for the sport.

    “KLRC spotted Zulfadli when he was 13 and we took him under our wings. Now, he has proven to us that he has the potential to become an Olympic champion,” said Andrew yesterday.

    ”He had a choice to choose – BAM or KLRC– and he picked us,” he added.

    Andrew said that KLRC’s role was more than mere sponsors.

    “We are involved in developing and unearthing new talents. Initially, KLRC started with former players and retired players. But now, we scout for talents and we are very happy with Zulfadli’s success,” said Andrew.

    In a bid to strengthen the club, KLRC have engaged a new coach – Indonesian Hadi Idris – who previously coached India’s Saina Nehwal.

    ”We have Zulfadli’s father and Hadi as coaches now. Zulfadli also enjoys the benefit of sparring with a few of our senior players and it has added more variety to his game,” said Andrew.

    The seniors playing under the KLRC banner are Mohd Hafiz Hashim and former internationals Sairul Amar Ayob and Lee Tsuen Seng. Sometimes, Zulfadli also plays with KLRC-sponsored international players.

    Andrew said that new mindset was needed to encourage clubs to contribute to the development of the sport.

    We are here to complement BAM. With the involvement of more clubs, we can have a bigger pool of talents,” he said.

    Asked about his involvement in the sport, Andrew, who owns several gold mines, said: “I love the sport. And I believe that players need to be given a second chance to pursue their careers – in sports or even outside of the game.”

    Some of KLRC’s former players like Ang Li Peng and K. Sugina were even given scholarships to further their tertiary education. Li Peng is now a lawyer while Sugina is a doctor.
    I don't know what is KLRC's mission and constitution.

    Is it a social and recreation club that has many public members who have to pay an entrance fee and a regular subscription? Or is Andrew Kam the sole owner and can dictate what the club can and cannot do? Do the members have a say?

    BAM's mission is quite clear to specifically develop badminton players who will become professionals that can earn their keep. In the process successful players under its charge can not only bring credit to themselves and BAM, but also glory to the nation. Success in sport can bond and gel the nation. With government support and those from commercial sponsors and well-wishers, BAM is in a better position to fulfil its ambitions.

    From the press report, it appears that Andrew Kam said KLRC is there to "complement" BAM but in practice, KLRC seems to be in competition with the national body, BAM. What does "complement" mean to him? Is he willing to pass on talented players to BAM for further grooming and development. Or his players will play for MAS only in the name of KLRC?

    Or does he think he has a better machinery than BAM? If he has, then he should take over the running of BAM and bring in various talents to enhance its workings so that MAS will have a bountiful supply of first-class players and rule the badminton world once more?
    Last edited by Loh; 07-15-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •