User Tag List

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 681 to 697 of 885
  1. #681
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think misbun ramdan better than arif and ZZ....look at his footwork, just like mini lin dan...his cross court net just like hendrawan, unfortunately he still lack of stamina and power...if he has will i think he will have bright future...when he face tommy at axiata, he always control the game, but he look to relax so tommy can kill him

  2. #682
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The fact that Iskandar & gang are still waiting their turn to participate in TC hs been highlighted long time ago.Zul, as an independent, is going Aust GP, while the more senior ones are going French & Dutch International. If Zul had join BAM, he wouldnt see the lights of a GP Gold event till ...23, haha.

    As for the 'boasful' thingy, it was Zul's dad who kept saying, not Zul. Mr Zulklifi is more demanding, Zul is more down to earth, a regular kid.
    I guess the main problem is that all of us expected way too much from Zulfadli after he defeated Viktor Axelsen. Many of us (including myself) have compared him to Viktor and the exposure that Viktor has obtained. I didn't agree to having ZZ being in the TC reserve spot, because I also think that he is simply not ready but the quarters who are calling for it are again probably comparing him to Viktor who earned his spot.

    Winning the AJC and WJC is a burden that he has to shoulder. The burden of expectation is already there; it can be used as an excuse this time. But if he cannot shoulder this burden... there will be no champion.

    BAM should be laughing at Zul's dad now for suggesting that Zulfadli be a reserve in the Thomas Cup Squad now. Although someone said that the moral of the story is not to demand this and that, I would think that he wouldn't even get a chance in the Axiata Cup if Zul's dad didn't voice out. Zul's dad did the right thing(getting BAM's attention and putting pressure on them) but it would be the wrong decision if BAM wants to include him in TC. Sounds contradictory but it actually makes sense.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 04-03-2012 at 02:47 AM.

  3. #683
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Placing ZZ on Axiata Cup team is a good choice by BAM, since they are able to assess ZZ performance on a Team event, before calling him up as a backup MS in TC Squad..

  4. #684
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    I guess the main problem is that all of us expected way too much from Zulfadli after he defeated Viktor Axelsen. Many of us (including myself) have compared him to Viktor and the exposure that Viktor has obtained. I didn't agree to having ZZ being in the TC reserve spot, because I also think that he is simply not ready but the quarters who are calling for it are again probably comparing him to Viktor who earned his spot.

    Winning the AJC and WJC is a burden that he has to shoulder. The burden of expectation is already there; it can be used as an excuse this time. But if he cannot shoulder this burden... there will be no champion.

    BAM should be laughing at Zul's dad now for suggesting that Zulfadli be a reserve in the Thomas Cup Squad now. Although someone said that the moral of the story is not to demand this and that, I would think that he wouldn't even get a chance in the Axiata Cup if Zul's dad didn't voice out. Zul's dad did the right thing(getting BAM's attention and putting pressure on them) but it would be the wrong decision if BAM wants to include him in TC. Sounds contradictory but it actually makes sense.
    On the underlined part, smart, you young2 already know these sports politics stuff.
    Well, there were also some of us who thought now is not Zul's time in TC, including myself. Having watched Iskandar before, I felt Iskandar at 19 was better than Zul. Now, you all saw Iskandar & Ramdan, know what qualities they have.

    Part of the concern was Zul will also slip into oblivion, like Iskandar before Axiata. Iskandar was in the limelight when he got AJC, WJC runner up, then suddenly so quiet. Ramdan also, he did not achieve much result at international stage (as in not winning titles like Tommy) until I wondered if he should have followed Misbun when Misbun quit BAM. And before that you all know Arif's case & where he is now

  5. #685
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,556
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Zul is so thankful and grateful for KLRC

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The fact that Iskandar & gang are still waiting their turn to participate in TC hs been highlighted long time ago.Zul, as an independent, is going Aust GP, while the more senior ones are going French & Dutch International. If Zul had join BAM, he wouldnt see the lights of a GP Gold event till ...23, haha.

    As for the 'boasful' thingy, it was Zul's dad who kept saying, not Zul. Mr Zulklifi is more demanding, Zul is more down to earth, a regular kid.
    .
    That is why Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI is so thankful and grateful for KLRC sending him to tournaments.

    Without KLRC, Zul might not get a chance to play in any tournament, let alone at the AJC and/or the WJC.
    .

  6. #686
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,556
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Let's see if Zul can make it into the TOP 50 BWF Rankings in 2012

    .
    Just minutes ago, at the Round of 64 of the 2012 Australian Open, Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI lost to an experienced player, Alamsyah YUNUS (INA) [15], 17-21, 12-21 in 39 minutes.

    I am sure that KLRC will still continue sending him to more tournaments to gain more experience.

    If Zul was with BAM, it could be the end of him (for Malaysia).

    Let's see if Zul can make it into the TOP 50 BWF Rankings in 2012.
    .

  7. #687
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hiyaa chris, you gave me a shock. I thought so fast Zul is top 100. Zul is currently ranked 110.
    Iskandar is #131

  8. #688
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's better not to put so much expectation first, considering the other BAM players that are ranked in the top 50 are only Daren Liew and Chong Wei Feng. Mohd Arif Abdul Latif is now at no 51.

    A more realistic target will be the top 75. Let's face it, he's only turning 20 this year.

    He should also target more IC/GP level tourneys and win those first, before joining GPG-level tourneys.

  9. #689
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,773
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zulfadli just lost to another INA player this time is Yunus in AUS Open, this is my opinion of Zulfadli's performance


    Last edited by ngkt67; 04-03-2012 at 07:50 AM.

  10. #690
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you used too many words heheheheh

    here let me fill in the blanks
    yunus is 26 years, ranked no 33 and had participated in oodles of tournaments...

    zz is 19 yrs old ranked 110 and has participated in a handful of tournaments

    some people rise mercurially others more slowly.. (fingers crossed)

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    Zulfadli just lost to another INA player this time is Yunus in AUS Open, this is my opinion of Zulfadli's performance
    Last edited by pajrul; 04-03-2012 at 09:42 AM.

  11. #691
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    you used too many words heheheheh

    here let me fill in the blanks
    yunus is 26 years, ranked no 33 and had participated in oodles of tournaments...

    zz is 19 yrs old ranked 110 and has participated in a handful of tournaments

    some people rise mercurially others more slowly.. (fingers crossed)
    well
    cant blame someone to have very very very high expectation on him

  12. #692
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MAS badminton fans and BAM should be grateful that at least KLRC is sending Zul to participate in overseas tourneys, instead of treating KLRC as a competitor. It's way too early to tell whether Zul can make it big, but at least, KLRC sticks to its promise of grooming him and that itself deserves some credit.

    This year is always going to be a transitional year for Zul as he switches from junior to senior circuit. Just take a look at Tian Hou Wei (WJC winner 2009). He's even ranked below Zul at no 197 and has yet to win a senior-level title, despite his supposedly good talent. He also lost in R64 of Aussie Open today against the HKG veteran player Hu Yun.

  13. #693
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,556
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Tian Houwei felt very disappointed when eliminated in Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    MAS badminton fans and BAM should be grateful that at least KLRC is sending Zul to participate in overseas tourneys, instead of treating KLRC as a competitor. It's way too early to tell whether Zul can make it big, but at least, KLRC sticks to its promise of grooming him and that itself deserves some credit.

    This year is always going to be a transitional year for Zul as he switches from junior to senior circuit. Just take a look at Tian Hou Wei (WJC winner 2009). He's even ranked below Zul at no 197 and has yet to win a senior-level title, despite his supposedly good talent. He also lost in R64 of Aussie Open today against the HKG veteran player Hu Yun.
    .
    Yes, Tian Houwei felt very disappointed to be the first CHN team member to make an exit from the 2012 Australian Open.
    .

  14. #694
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    antartica
    Posts
    742
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ZZ is overrated. His level of play is behind LIew Darren, Iskandar, Arif, Ramdan,Chan Kwong Beng,Chong Wei Feng, Hafiz, WCH etc.... the list goes on and on... (that's right) and on......

    I don't know how he defeated viktor axelson in the WC. If he play a rematch right now... definitely VIKtor will whip this guys ass in straight sets(less than 10 points each).

  15. #695
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mentioned on earlier post (last year to be exact) that ZZ's father should not yap to much to BAM about giving his son a chance to spar with LCW, a spot for tournaments,etc when he just won the WJC as this would create too much tensions and attracts harsh critics alike.

    ZZ, Ramdan, Iskandar, Wei Feng, Li Lian, all so called back up/young/little known players of MAS are not there yet and are far behind comparing to other countries' with the same batch (harsh reality we have to accept) but no need to kick them down when they already are but support them ...whatever problems they have I only wish the best for them, and yes that goes to BAM too, which I pray their management will get better and will get truly qualified, 'honest' people to manage the assoc......maybe someone like limsy

  16. #696
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Akicham,

    Your post is very true and I agree to it except the ones in BOLD. How do you know he is honest?

  17. #697
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Akicham,

    Your post is very true and I agree to it except the ones in BOLD. How do you know he is honest?
    Aikachan has faith in limsy to manage BAM, so do I.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •