User Tag List

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by athram1010 View Post
    people put too much expectation for this young kid ...
    let him progress slowly ....
    he already making good progress... now rank 69
    and qualified in qualifying round for denmark open and french open ...
    Daren Liew and Chong wei Feng only been noticed this years yet their age already 24 and 25 ...
    i just hope he can perform better .... in denmark open ...
    i think he had the chance making to the first round of denmark open

Can wait to see how he perform in local circuit ...he was expected to meet Daren again in quarter final

Being young but not necessary a 'kid' doesn't not mean one can't be a World or Olympic champion. We have seen this in other sports.

For badminton, just take a look at Rudy Hartono, the great Indonesian player:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Hartono

"Rudy Hartono Kurniawan (Chinese: 梁海量; pinyin: Liang Hailiang), born August 18, 1949) is a former Indonesian badminton star who won the men's singles title at the World Championship in 1980, and the prestigious All-England Championship trophy eight times, seven times consecutively (1968–1974), in the 1960s and 1970s. He is one of the most famous players in the history of the sport. His sister is also a former world-level badminton player, Utami Dewi Kinard."

Rudy won the AE when he was 19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or the more well known in this era Taufik Hidayat
    But those are total exceptions, no one should expect them to be like these talents just because they won WJC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    But those are total exceptions, no one should expect them to be like these talents just because they won WJC.
    well, till today only Chen Jin had won 2 times WJC and 1 time WC, got anyone else who won WJC and WC before?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee yong dae,of course!
    wakakakaka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lee yong dae,of course!
    wakakakaka
    troll of the day

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    troll of the day
    sorry
    my mistake
    he only won gold in OG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Talking about Taufik Hidayat, I think he is more exceptional, a player to be admired for his vision for badminton after retirement.

Perhaps many of you have seen on TV that he has made a major contribution to Indonesian badminton by building the Taufik Hidayat Arena, a beautiful sports centre with up-to-date facilities for playing and training.

http://www.taufikhidayatarena.com/

" Designed by the renowned architectural team of URBANE Indonesia, headed by Mr Ridwan Kamil, the complex promises its attendees a degree of comfort on as well as off court, that has never been seen before in other Badminton Centres in Indonesia.
    The two storey building will eventually house 8 Badminton Courts, 10 Dormitory Rooms and Dormitory Lounge, Gym, Medical/Physio Room, a Futsal Ground, Jogging Track, Outdoor Cafetaria, Internet lounge, Conference & Audio/Visual Room, Taufik Hidayat Arena merchandise store as well as a Taufik Hidayat Gallery which plans to take you on a journey of all of Taufik Hidayat golden moments in Badminton."

This is what he has to say:

"Taufik asserted again the main reason to build Taufik Hidayat Arena was born out of his desire to not just build another sports center, but to help aid the government and PBSI in the progress of badminton as a national sport in the country.

Heads of KONI and PBSI both stated their encouragements in their speeches, in which they stated that they hoped that Taufik Hidayat Arena could prove to be a positive aid for the regeneration process and to help achieve Indonesia’s past glorys in the world of badminton.

Taufik Hidayat Arena plans to open its door to the public; to play badminton as a hobby in the facilities that it would have to offer, as well to be part of its Training programme which is designed and will be coached by the training team of Taufik Hidayat."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope ZZ will participate in Maybank IC in Kuching next month. At best, ZZ can only get experience in SS tourneys, which is not a bad thing but getting kick out early too often from tournaments isnt good either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This boy Zulfadli is already an obsolete player. Viktor Axelsen is much better than him and has serious advantage in height and speed.

ZZ's win over Viktor Axelsen a year ago was simply a fluke and Viktor should never have allowed ZZ to win last year. If there was a rematch between the two players, Viktor would take the game in straight sets with ZZ not scoring more than 15 each set.

The best ZZ can do is concentrate on GP tournaments if he hopes to improve ranking and earn some prize money at the same time. Other than that, I don't see him breaking into the world top 20 in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    This boy Zulfadli is already an obsolete player. Viktor Axelsen is much better than him and has serious advantage in height and speed.

ZZ's win over Viktor Axelsen a year ago was simply a fluke and Viktor should never have allowed ZZ to win last year. If there was a rematch between the two players, Viktor would take the game in straight sets with ZZ not scoring more than 15 each set.

The best ZZ can do is concentrate on GP tournaments if he hopes to improve ranking and earn some prize money at the same time. Other than that, I don't see him breaking into the world top 20 in his career.
    is ZZ still eligible to play in WJC like Viktor? I forsee VA winning another WJC title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post

I wouldnt bet on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    I wouldnt bet on that.
    Elaborate, or it is just a trolling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think he shd be written off as a no hoper to break into the top 20 in his career.He is only 19. And you write him off after only one yr? I think its too premature to form such an opinion. If you go on this basis, probably lcw shdnt be a top player now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    I dont think he shd be written off as a no hoper to break into the top 20 in his career.He is only 19. And you write him off after only one yr? I think its too premature to form such an opinion. If you go on this basis, probably lcw shdnt be a top player now
    So what do you mean you wouldn't bet on that? The guy just said something realistic. ZZ should focus on GP 1st then only break into top 20. At the moment we have lots of good examples who is not in top 20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to his mention that he couldn't see ZZ breaking into the top 20 in his career. that i wouldn't bet on that.

Meaning i have a different view and i think he has a fair chance of breaking into the top 20 one day, be it playing in the gp or ss or both together. Guess my english is not good enough to translate what i mean.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cwf,ckb,tcs,liew daren also never reach top 20 in their career
    so?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    cwf,ckb,tcs,liew daren also never reach top 20 in their career
    so?
    They also in obsolete player category if according to a certain BCer

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast