Narrower shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Danstevens, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone. I think the time has come for me to change my badminton shoes. My current shoes of choice are Yonex SHB-57 and I'm reasonably happy with them; I just can't help but feel that they would be even better if they were just a slightly narrower fit.

I haven't really got a budget or brand allegiance but Yonex and Asics are slightly preferred purely because they're easily available in my area and it's important to try shoes on before buying. Other than that, I'm open to any recommendations for a slightly slimmer shoe than SHB-57.

Thanks in advance.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think SHB91 are quite slim fit, I have quite wide feet, and I had to take a size up when I bought the 91MX as they were too narrow. They are probably worth a shot, seeing as everyone is selling them for like £35 as they are discontinued.

3. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

the 91's are some of the widest that yonex offers...

I find some of the asics court shoes are a better fit cuz they offer widths

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, I thought I'd post an update after purchasing a new pair of shoes.

I went to my local sporting goods shop today. The only sports shop that sells badminton products and is anywhere near where I live is Decathlon. Some UK and possibly French forum members will be aware that Decathlon's badminton range is adequate at best and that their prices are generally pretty high.

Anyway, it turns out that they happened to have a pair of shoes that I really liked. Until today, I was not aware that Babolat produced badminton shoes and after some further research, it seems that their shoe range consists of only one model but this one model, the Shadow, really suits my preferences (well, aside from the colour but even that's growing on me).

The Babolat Shadows seem to have a slimmer fit than the Yonex shoes I have tried and also seem to be considerably lighter. Support seems good but I'm going to have to wait until I play in them to be able to confirm that properly. My only two worries (and both are only small worries) are that the orange colour might be a bit too striking and that the tread on the soles is a bit thin and might wear down quickly.

Of course, before purchasing the Babolat shoes, I tried on a few other pairs. Another shoe I found to have a good, slightly slimmer fit was the Yonex SHB-101. I only needed a shoe that was slightly slimmer than my current pair of SHB-57 and the SHB-101 would have been ideal. I went for the Babolat Shadows because they were £15 cheaper, lighter in weight and I found them slightly more comfortable than the Yonex pair.