Question for 2U MP100 users

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Pre-emptive, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

How long did it take you to get used to this racket? I am thinking about switching from Ti-10 to MP100.

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

That would vary depending on the person. Their previous racquet maybe similar or completely different etc.

3. Pre-emptive

True! I am not expecting similar answers from different people but trying to get an rough idea. I was comparing my MP100 with CBN100@ 26lbs and Ti-10 with BG85@27. I was getting a lot more power from MP100 and it was fast. I am not sure if it was the string contributing the power. However, I also found it very difficult to adjust to. It usually takes me a couple games or less to get use to a new racket but not the MP100. I can't even do my short serves normally. The lack of feel is alos bothering me. It felt so overdamped.

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Wow, I figured you would get more power out of the Ti-10 because of the BG-85 string since the Cybernaturals is a control string .. at least from what I read on these boards :)

5. Pre-emptive

I think BG85 and CBN100 is very close in terms of power. I am having mixed results with CBN100. First time, the ti-10 was strung by emmy's and it was great. Then, another Ti-10 strung at Wan Kee and that had no power. This MP100 was strung at Luxis and it was wonderful. I think it must be stringer dependant. From my experience, CBN100 is an all-round string with good power and control.

6. tonny

tonny Regular Member

Actually i find Ti10 and Mp100 almost the same. But when i use, Mp100 plays more on speed but Ti 10 plays more on power.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I find Ti-10 and MP-100 very different. To me, the extreme head-heaviness of Ti-10 sacrifices a lot of control for (perhaps) a little more power. The MP-100 feels just right to me. I've been using it for just over two years. Initially, it took me quite a while to get used to it. It was several months when I actually regretted my buying it, but then it suddenly just "clicked" and it all fell into place. For me, it's a perfect racquet.

8. chan

chan Regular Member

i had a ti-7 long before my mp100, i found that the mp gave me more power, and i hit all the shuttles out, but after a few games i got used to it.

9. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Are you sure it isn't because a head heavy racquet like the MP100 suits you more than a balance racquet and your swing speed may not be fast enough to utilize the Ti-7?

10. Pre-emptive

It is a tough decision especially that I play mostly double. I love the attacking power and feel of ti-10 but MP100 is so much quicker. It is hard to do fast net block with Ti-10. I also notice that my defense is a lot better with MP100.

11. chan

chan Regular Member

actually, er... the ti-7 is head heavy... i have the old version the "ti-7 long".

12. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member