User Tag List

Page 100 of 146 FirstFirst ... 50 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,684 to 1,700 of 2473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had my new mx80 strung with nbg 98 strings at 24lbs. Feels like 26-27 which isnt really my preference. It showed yesterday when I played but it seems the tension has dropped to around 23lbs overnight so should feel like 25lbs which is much more to my liking. Gonna be playing tomorrow with an injured shoulder but I should be fine because if memory serves, this racquet made everything feel easier before so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem apart from in full smashes which I didnt do a lot of anyway. Half smashes are much easier and nicer to do with this racquet but I will tell you my thoughts tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that genuinely doesn't think the 80 Hole system gives the impression of higher tension ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Am I the only one that genuinely doesn't think the 80 Hole system gives the impression of higher tension ?
    Nope, I couldn't find any difference either. The pattern is certainly denser, which is probably one of the reasons this racket is so controlled, but I cannot say it feels harder. If so, only by one lbs at most, but thats probably because the string is still kinda fresh as I didn't use my MXs a whole lot lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousLIG View Post
    Let me tell you something now. I have played with so many racquets and none and i mean none compare to it. There is something to it that just defies everything. Its really fast (one of the fastest if not the fastest head heavy racquet out there) and yet even with slow shots, the weight in the head gives it the power almost equivalent to the VT80 with less effort. If u need a backup racquet, buy a lighter one or get one of same weight but lower tension. my 2p
    I need a backup and a more 'forgiving' racket at the same time.. the one that i can used when my wrist start to feel a little pain.. but, yeah, i've been considering getting another MX80 with lower tension, in case suddenly my string broke and i'm in the middle of the game..

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Nope, I couldn't find any difference either. The pattern is certainly denser, which is probably one of the reasons this racket is so controlled, but I cannot say it feels harder. If so, only by one lbs at most, but thats probably because the string is still kinda fresh as I didn't use my MXs a whole lot lately.
    hmm... but why do i feel it tighter also, even though the tension is the same? and one thing i notice, why my string lasts shorter than usual? usually it takes almost 2 months to get a sign of breakage.. but now, it only takes 1 months and a couple days to see the sign..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    I need a backup and a more 'forgiving' racket at the same time.. the one that i can used when my wrist start to feel a little pain.. but, yeah, i've been considering getting another MX80 with lower tension, in case suddenly my string broke and i'm in the middle of the game..

hmm... but why do i feel it tighter also, even though the tension is the same? and one thing i notice, why my string lasts shorter than usual? usually it takes almost 2 months to get a sign of breakage.. but now, it only takes 1 months and a couple days to see the sign..
    Signs of the string breaking have absolutely nothing to do with the tension/tightness. It's all about how cleanly you hit the shuttle, how hard you hit and how much the string moves as a result.
    If you feel it's tighter although you didn't change string, tension, stringer or anything else, and if your last string was of similar age, then there's nothing I could think of that would explain it - although I still don't feel any difference in string tightness.
    Perhaps you mistake the stiffness and direct feel of the racket for harder string feel? It certainly feels more alive than other rackets, but that's not because the string feels tighter. I feel the same repulsion and accuracy (of the string) as with other rackets which are strung identically. I often mistake a softer shaft for a higher BP because the soft shaft will bend more and make the head lag behind a bit - one reason the BS09 actually tires me out more than it should.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like JJS is actually using the SW37 and MX80 in the Denmark open. Looking leaner and fitter, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signs of the string breaking have absolutely nothing to do with the tension/tightness. It's all about how cleanly you hit the shuttle, how hard you hit and how much the string moves as a result.
    If you feel it's tighter although you didn't change string, tension, stringer or anything else, and if your last string was of similar age, then there's nothing I could think of that would explain it - although I still don't feel any difference in string tightness.
    Perhaps you mistake the stiffness and direct feel of the racket for harder string feel? It certainly feels more alive than other rackets, but that's not because the string feels tighter. I feel the same repulsion and accuracy (of the string) as with other rackets which are strung identically. I often mistake a softer shaft for a higher BP because the soft shaft will bend more and make the head lag behind a bit - one reason the BS09 actually tires me out more than it should.
    i agreed, perhaps i was mistaken for the stiffness, bcoz my previous racket is flex..

how much the string moves as a result -> so this means that more loosen string makes it easier to break?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Looks like JJS is actually using the SW37 and MX80 in the Denmark open. Looking leaner and fitter, too.
    Looks like JJS can't decide himself.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    Looks like JJS can't decide himself.
    Being sponsored would be a nightmare.

"Here's all our rackets, have as many as you like...."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a nightmare I wouldn't mind having. Lol, though I'd probably stick to my MX80

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, almost forgot. Put two pieces of Victor lead tape at 12o'clock on the head of my MX80. Anyone who can't decide whether or not they like the VT80 or MX80 should just do this. It turnes the MX80 into a singles BEAST.

Of course it also completely messed up my timing, but of all the Victors the MX80 can handle a bit more weight in the head because the shaft it stiff enough to be able to handle it. Did the same with my BS11 and it was a bit noodly.

I reckon it's a mod well worth doing if you like the feel of a bit more weight in the head and want just a smidge more power. In my current unfit state that also means my timing goes out the window and I become the slowest player in the stadium, but it wouldn't be a big stretch under different circumstances.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    i agreed, perhaps i was mistaken for the stiffness, bcoz my previous racket is flex..

how much the string moves as a result -> so this means that more loosen string makes it easier to break?
    A lower tension allows the string to move more and break as a result of the ridges that form. Higher tension will limit that movement, but mishits are more of a danger and will break the string more often...so higher tension will make your string last longer if you dont mishit often or not hard (i.e. not on smashes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, after todays session, i have decided nbg 98 just doesn't work with mx80. Hope they break soon so I can get re strung with bg 66 again. Nbg just moves wayyy too much.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, after todays session, i have decided nbg 98 just doesn't work with mx80. Hope they break soon so I can get re strung with bg 66 again. Nbg just moves wayyy too much.
    TBH, I don't think the BG66 is much better. The NBGs are the most slippery (although the 98 works well for me @27,5 - only moves on sliced drops), but the BG66 is not much better. The best would probably be the BG80, it's very good at medium to low tensions as well and doesn't move much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, I don't think the BG66 is much better. The NBGs are the most slippery (although the 98 works well for me @27,5 - only moves on sliced drops), but the BG66 is not much better. The best would probably be the BG80, it's very good at medium to low tensions as well and doesn't move much.
    Thanks. With that in mind i'll get bg80 next time. Thanks. :-)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. With that in mind i'll get bg80 next time. Thanks. :-)
    Oh, and I would recommend getting it strung at 1lbs more than the .66 strings. While it retains the tension better, it feels a tad softer if strung at the same tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just went to badminton shop looks at the VT-80 and MX-80...after some intro about the material, specs and some knowledge about both racket.. ^_^ decided to get a MX-80 for a try by next month..