User Tag List

Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,752 to 1,768 of 2473
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend was impressed with my MX80 that he wanted me to help him buy the racket for him. Thanks visor!!!

Specs are 3UG2 w/ VS850 @ 27lbs and Yonex SuperGrap overgrip. He played with it yesterday. I regretted buying it for him cuz his play noticeably improved . Even my other friends were shocked at his improved play. I daresay that he might be on par with me now (not like that means much anyways). He had a little bit of a timing issue cuz it was faster than his Arc10. But once he got that figured out...he was lightning quick on all shots and much more accurate to boot. Fewer unforced errors on his part. Could be the new racket or the lessons he's taking finally kicking in. Whatever the reason...he was smiling at the end of each game. He didn't lose any doubles games that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has been using mx80 for few months, quite consistent for me all this while.

Last week finally feel the stiffness of this racquet when i did a quick smash by using wrist only during double match. (no time to turn my right shoulder back n forth)

The smash successful but i was shock caused my wrist pain. I'm not sure is it the vibration or the stiffness. Then i rest for a while, scare my wrist will injured if continue play.

After like 15 min rest, play again. Luckily didnt injured.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After I've been reading through most of this enormous thread I decided to order the mx80 from centralsports. Hope it will arrive tomorrow. My other rackets are ZSlash and VT80 (3u). Not totally happy with either - from my point of view they are both very potent yet very flawed (for my game and capability).
    VT80 has huge power yet it is way too heavy for my game of doubles. Had to add an extra pu grip and overgrip to make it less head heavy and I tend to use a short grip during doubles matches - even then it swings like a pig. I love it in singles but I play singles very rarely.
    The ZS is a great smasher, has extraordinary speed and it's very powerful but totally lacks feel at the net - and, as it's been pointed out, the sweet sport is minuscule hence it is unforgiving.
    My game with the Zslash is a combination of great shots and idiotic mistakes. It took me a while to realise that I will never "adapt" to the fact that it's a difficult racket - I needed a new racket to suit my game better and reading here convinced me to get the mx80. I was going for the bs10 but now that sounded too weak in the power department.
    My reasons for mx80 are: sounds like it's powerful, fast, precise and has feel. Its stiff and ecourages wrist use.
    I will let you know my first impressions and how it compares to the VT80 and the ZSLASH.
    The string tensions are: VT80 - bg65@24lbs. ZS - bg68ti@24lbs.
    I ordered the mx80 with a more conservative nanogy95@24lbs - hope that's a good choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    After I've been reading through most of this enormous thread I decided to order the mx80 from centralsports. Hope it will arrive tomorrow. My other rackets are ZSlash and VT80 (3u). Not totally happy with either - from my point of view they are both very potent yet very flawed (for my game and capability).
    VT80 has huge power yet it is way too heavy for my game of doubles. Had to add an extra pu grip and overgrip to make it less head heavy and I tend to use a short grip during doubles matches - even then it swings like a pig. I love it in singles but I play singles very rarely.
    The ZS is a great smasher, has extraordinary speed and it's very powerful but totally lacks feel at the net - and, as it's been pointed out, the sweet sport is minuscule hence it is unforgiving.
    My game with the Zslash is a combination of great shots and idiotic mistakes. It took me a while to realise that I will never "adapt" to the fact that it's a difficult racket - I needed a new racket to suit my game better and reading here convinced me to get the mx80. I was going for the bs10 but now that sounded too weak in the power department.
    My reasons for mx80 are: sounds like it's powerful, fast, precise and has feel. Its stiff and ecourages wrist use.
    I will let you know my first impressions and how it compares to the VT80 and the ZSLASH.
    I ordered the mx80 with a more conservative nanogy95@24lbs - hope that's a good choice.
    I myself have previously owned a z-slash and VT80, and i must say, you've made a fantastic decision in buying the MX80. Excellent doubles and singles racket, fast, and immense power (if you can flex the shaft with a fast swing) much better than the zs and vt80.

I have mine strung with nanogy98 instead at 26lbs and its possibly the best combination ive tried. nanogy95 may not be as good. But its all personal preference. Hope you enjoy it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matsu_des View Post
    I myself have previously owned a z-slash and VT80, and i must say, you've made a fantastic decision in buying the MX80. Excellent doubles and singles racket, fast, and immense power (if you can flex the shaft with a fast swing) much better than the zs and vt80.

I have mine strung with nanogy98 instead at 26lbs and its possibly the best combination ive tried. nanogy95 may not be as good. But its all personal preference. Hope you enjoy it!
    Great! i can't wait
    I ordered without doing proper research on the stringing matter. Good to know that you tried different combinations.
    I'll let you know how it feels as soon as I get a chance to play it. Cheers!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matsu_des View Post

MX80 @ nbg98 is a great combination. imho better than vs850 or bg66um. great feel and great power at the same time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Congrats on your decision to acquire a MX80. First thing is you'll be surprised with how quickly it swings for a moderately head heavy racket. You'll need to get used to the timing. Secondly, it is a great all-round racket for both singles and doubles. Thirdly, your 24 lb string on other rackets will feel like 25 lb on the MX80 because of its denser stringing pattern.

Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@meteor: Welcome to the Meteor world of Victor! . You have chosen well, but you have researched even better. After you've had some time with it, remember to post your review here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@madbad: I've compared the mx stringing pattern to usual rackets, it's not any denser. I think the extra stringbed stiffness and stability comes from the shaft and 3 less shared holes at the top and 1 less at the bottom. This means that more strings are better supported by individual hole/grommets.
    Last edited by visor; 01-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yh, nbg 98 with mx80 is brill. At first it felt horrible but once the string settle, wow! Absolutely awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousLIG View Post
    yh, nbg 98 with mx80 is brill. At first it felt horrible but once the string settle, wow! Absolutely awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    MX80 @ nbg98 is a great combination. imho better than vs850 or bg66um. great feel and great power at the same time.
    care to share is nbg98 is good for slice stroke?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awekuda View Post
    care to share is nbg98 is good for slice stroke?
    i would expect slicing depends mostly on your technique and timing instead of the string...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a racket with Nanogy95 once and hated it because it was so slippery, but the TPro I have here to demo is strung with NGB98 at 28lbs actually feels not bad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would expect slicing depends mostly on your technique and timing instead of the string...
    While that is true, some of the most experienced players still complain about some strings not being good for slicing - I guess a rougher string will add a little more rotation to the shuttle, changing the flight curve a bit.

For me, the NBG98 is very good for slicing BECAUSE it's not as rough as the BG80. The sliced crosscourt drop disguised as a straight smash is a bit quicker and goes out wider than with a BG80 - same racket, same tension, same player
    Perhaps you'll need to adapt a bit, but usually, the NBG98 is pretty popular. Whenever someone tries it, they like the feel - although some complain about the durability (imop, compared to the BG65 everything breaks like dental floss )...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks kwun, will try this string next..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I had a racket with Nanogy95 once and hated it because it was so slippery, but the TPro I have here to demo is strung with NGB98 at 28lbs actually feels not bad.
    aggred with you maklike.. used ng95 before and i can't control my slice shot... since then i'm afraid try others ng series since its too expensive here..

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    While that is true, some of the most experienced players still complain about some strings not being good for slicing - I guess a rougher string will add a little more rotation to the shuttle, changing the flight curve a bit.

For me, the NBG98 is very good for slicing BECAUSE it's not as rough as the BG80. The sliced crosscourt drop disguised as a straight smash is a bit quicker and goes out wider than with a BG80 - same racket, same tension, same player
    Perhaps you'll need to adapt a bit, but usually, the NBG98 is pretty popular. Whenever someone tries it, they like the feel - although some complain about the durability (imop, compared to the BG65 everything breaks like dental floss )...
    hehe this ng98 looks promising... thanks j4kie... will try this for sure..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate 95 but 98 feels very.