User Tag List

Page 106 of 146 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 2473
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I think the woven component basically enhances (a lot! ) the stability of the frame, but the stiffness (or lack of) is down to other components like nanotubes and stuff like that... I think... maybe.... IMO.... possibly........
    i have both mx70 and mx80, and i can easily say that the incredible accuracy and extra stiff feel of the shuttle is what differentiates the mx80 from the mx70, all due to the extra stiff shaft on the mx80

the slightly flexier mx70 is less accurate, but is more powerful and more forgiving

all the difference is just a slight difference in shaft stiffness

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a first good club session last night with the mx80 and it all went very well. I love the stiffness and accuracy. Power can be phenomenal too.
    My only slight dissapointment is the head heaviness - it is more than I expected. I got some arm pain for a while during the evening. I will add an extra pu grip to bring BP lower.

It took some time to adapt to it, not the kind of racket that impresses immediately like the vt80. I can see it has great potential and look forward to explore that in the next sessions. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I had a first good club session last night with the mx80 and it all went very well. I love the stiffness and accuracy. Power can be phenomenal too.
    My only slight dissapointment is the head heaviness - it is more than I expected. I got some arm pain for a while during the evening. I will add an extra pu grip to bring BP lower.

It took some time to adapt to it, not the kind of racket that impresses immediately like the vt80. I can see it has great potential and look forward to explore that in the next sessions. I'll let you know how it goes.
    you got arm pain with mx80 bp295 but not vt80 bp305? :huh:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I had a "0.67 String Shootout" on my MX80s. I posted it somewhere.....maybe on this thread.

Anyway, to summarise, I tried ZM67, BG80, BG80P, and VS850. All on a pair of MX80s at the same tension.

ZM67 - New kid on the block, good combo of feel and power, slight edge towards repulsion. Red colour looks awesome.
    BG80 - The classic all-rounder. Doesn't do anything badly. People complain about durability but I've never had any problems.
    BG80P - Not sure where the power is, but there is none at this tension. I think this string would add durability for high tensions users and probably be great at 30+lbs, but I couldn't be bothered finding out.
    VS850 - Seductive feel in the front court, very tactile string. Great all-rounder with slight bias towards tactical game. Loses tension easily so needs a good stringer.
    so, are you gonna switch to zm67, or perhaps check out the zm65 when it's out

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the plan is to try the ZM67 on a couple of rackets that I've never had on before, and put ZM62 on....something......and the BG66U on.......I have no idea.

Maybe the BG66U on the BS10, and ZM62 in the BS11.......ZM67 on the C7 because I already know it works super nice with VS850 and red strings on it would look sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, did ur mx80 with counterfeit proof sticker? according to victor official website, if the sticker logo expand, is it genuine or fake racket? confusing. thank you for ur explaination in advance.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amirx2 View Post
    guys, did ur mx80 with counterfeit proof sticker? according to victor official website, if the sticker logo expand, is it genuine or fake racket? confusing. thank you for ur explaination in advance.
    sorry can't help you, the hologram sticker was on the handle wrapper which i discarded after unwrapping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    sorry can't help you, the hologram sticker was on the handle wrapper which i discarded after unwrapping
    yerp. on the handle wrapper. visor, ur butt cap have taiwan instead of V logo? what coded at the shaft? taiwan? china? mine is made in taiwan, TWF. one more, i scan the QF code, stated 13411 follow by same serial number as crafted at racket shaft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also can't help, but I purchased from the Singapore distributor so I doubt there is anything fake about it. If you have bought from a reliable source, then there shouldn't be a problem...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amirx2 View Post
    yerp. on the handle wrapper. visor, ur butt cap have taiwan instead of V logo? what coded at the shaft? taiwan? china? mine is made in taiwan, TWF. one more, i scan the QF code, stated 13411 follow by same serial number as crafted at racket shaft.
    TWF actually means it's made in factory F (wherever that is) and was destined for TW market.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you got arm pain with mx80 bp295 but not vt80 bp305? :huh:
    On the VT80 I have the original grip + grap + Yonex PU grip BP is 283
    On MX I had only one grap on top of the original grip BP was 292

Now I regripped the MX80 wih another Karakal PU grip on top of the grap, BP is now 279

Having said that, I DO get arm pain when I play with the VT80, I get it with ZS too sometimes.
    When I played with the MX I was trying to hit really hard so that plus high BP combined made my arm hurt. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meteor,

where about on your arm does it hurt?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    meteor,

where about on your arm does it hurt?
    The whole upper arm hurts but I think the pain focuses mainly on the inner side of the arm around the elbow area or just above it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the vibration/lack of dampening is the cause? I know the feeling (everything in my 'hitting apparatus' i.e. arm, shoulder, back) hurt at one point in the last year, and the elbow area is typically painful when the tension is too high or the racket is not dampened as much as the usual choice. Too heavy/head heavy racket normally results in shoulder/back pain or rather soreness for me, although that might be different for others depending on the hitting motion.
    Did you mishit more than usual with the MX?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Perhaps the vibration/lack of dampening is the cause? I know the feeling (everything in my 'hitting apparatus' i.e. arm, shoulder, back) hurt at one point in the last year, and the elbow area is typically painful when the tension is too high or the racket is not dampened as much as the usual choice. Too heavy/head heavy racket normally results in shoulder/back pain or rather soreness for me, although that might be different for others depending on the hitting motion.
    Did you mishit more than usual with the MX?
    I don't mishit with the MX - so far managed some huge smashes, this is actually great because I had lots of problems with the ZS and still have. I had little time with the mx but has been very impressive.

Did you mean you get elbow pain when your string tension is high?
    I just restrung both the ZS and MX with bg80@26lbs

What can be done to dampen the vibrations on the racket?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    MX with bg80@26lbs What can be done to dampen the vibrations on the racket?
    First off, avoid hard feeling strings like bg80 on extra stiff rackets like mx80!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off, avoid hard feeling strings like bg80 on extra stiff rackets like mx80!
    lol :d