User Tag List

Page 109 of 146 FirstFirst ... 9 59 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,853 of 2473
  1. #1837
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I'm not that big actually. I'm 5ft 7in (1.68m) and 145lbs (
    sorry, what i mean is u have such a powerful arm.

  2. #1838
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well what I'm trying to say is that is mostly technique. I don't really smash that hard to be honest but I get a lot of control and stability from this racquet. I do miss hit every now and then and I'm by no way a pro (I put a link of me playing a game in the training section). I'm guessing I'm comfortable with it because I'm not looking for ultimate power out of the racquet, but overall feel and control with decent power. My smashes are mostly for placement to make a short smash or a net kill on the next shot. I don't usually try to put a smash thru someone.

  3. #1839
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  4. #1840
    Regular Member mxr_071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there a big difference between 3U and 4U for MX80 beside the weight?

  5. #1841
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ungh, what is it with this stupid tilt-shift trend. Set your depth of field or whatever to infinity. So effin' annoying!

  6. #1842
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,757
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mxr_071 View Post
    Is there a big difference between 3U and 4U for MX80 beside the weight?
    That is the ONLY difference. It affects the play, however - the racket will be quicker and less powerful for most.

  7. #1843
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I saw the Meteor 80 fir the first time yesterday on a tournament. There was no pricetag on it so I can only guess at the price for us Belgians. Sadly I'm already equipped with a Zslash and arc 009DX so I left it there.

    Maybe if the reseller is there on my next tournament, I might be able to take it out for a spin .

  8. #1844
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I am going to give the mx80 a chance of course, I love it and I only just bought it But it's good to know that the mx70 provides similar qualities while it saves the tendons. I ordered the bs10 too.I haven't experienced a good medium flex racket so perhaps it time to look into that. too.The problem is that in UK there's only one online retaliler that sells Victor (Centralsports), and they've got only bs10, 12 and mx80 from the meteor and bs series. I havent seen mx70 available anywhere yet in UK.
    Meteor - FYI the MX70 is a lovely racket and it will be available in the UK soon.

  9. #1845
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    Meteor - FYI the MX70 is a lovely racket and it will be available in the UK soon.
    That great to know because I just broke my bs10 in a clash last week and I was thinking to get another mx80 as a backup. But I'll wait for the mx70... Centralsports said they get some "new stock" in April

  10. #1846
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is a MX80 really THAT hard to use if you do not have an extremely powerful arm/wrist because it's so stiff compared to like a 3U BS11?

  11. #1847
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ioxyg3n520 View Post
    Is a MX80 really THAT hard to use if you do not have an extremely powerful arm/wrist because it's so stiff compared to like a 3U BS11?
    The simple answer is : NO

    Personally it's all about timing. If you're tense in your stroke, you won't able to tame the MX80. Once you tighten up, like any racket, the MX 80 won't yield you the efficiency to get the most out of it. You shouldn't compare the MX80 to the BS11 because it's a different kind of animal.

  12. #1848
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which would you say is more easier to use though, the BS11 or MX80 as I am coming from a 4U VT80. I wanted the 4U VT80 for my singles racket sometimes and a overall lighter but still strong racket for doubles, etc.

  13. #1849
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ ioxg3n520

    I've never used the BS11 because I never thought it suited me so I can't comment on it. However as far as the MX80 is concerned I'll say it's easy for me to use both in Singles and Doubles.

    Let me clarify: I have two 3U MX80s, one at the low end and the other at the high end of the weight scale. Depending on how I feel on the day I can use either to suit my need. Speed is not a concern; the MX80 can handle it in spades, both in singles and doubles. I've never worried about power because power is generated by technique. Sure, the racket helps but not as much as much as you think (I used to use a 9000X–head light super stiff!). Please don't get hung too up on the what the racket can do for you because in the end it's you're own ability that determines if it's is right for you.

    Bottom line for me. VT80 is OK for singles. MX 80 is OK for BOTH singles and doubles

    Please feel free to question me

  14. #1850
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha thanks You said you have two 3U mx80 and one is heavier than the other. Aren't they the same weight since its the same model? Oh yea btw. If I'm using a 4u vt80 ATM and want a lighter less head heavy racket, should I get the 3u or 4u mx80? XD

  15. #1851
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ioxyg3n520 View Post
    Haha thanks You said you have two 3U mx80 and one is heavier than the other. Aren't they the same weight since its the same model? Oh yea btw. If I'm using a 4u vt80 ATM and want a lighter less head heavy racket, should I get the 3u or 4u mx80? XD
    3U is a range, not a definitive weight (sorry, you'll have to look it up; it's about 4 g difference)

    As far as I'm concerned the head heaviness in the 3U MX 80 does not hinder its speed performance. I find the MX80 to be an incredibly versatile racket. I lent this racket to a female player to use who found it LIGHT!!! It boils down to personal preference. If you can get a friend to lend you one, that would at least satisfy your peace of mind. Best thing is to try it out for yourself

  16. #1852
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is the best racket that I have in my life. really drains my energy, but really satisfy me. =)

  17. #1853
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi. So I have decided to buy a MX80. But one thing is, I like how people say that the 3U MX80 only has a BP of about 290-294 which is perfect for me. However, I wanted a lighter racket so I was deciding to get a 4U MX80, but would a 4U increase the BP to like 297-305 or something? I really hope not, because I find my 4U VT80 very demanding. (my 4U VT80 with strings/supergrap weighs 91-92grams.)

Similar Threads

  1. FS/FT: Victor Meteor MX80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 9
    : 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
  2. FS: Mint Victor Meteor 80 MX-80 MX80 badminton racquet w/ new BG-70 pro string (GTA)
    By vtnam007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
  3. FT: Victor Meteor MX70 for Meteor MX80
    By kenny_eng in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
  4. WTB: Victor Meteor MX80
    By KB@TB Em in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 07-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  5. WTB: Victor meteor MX80
    By araz916 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •