User Tag List

Page 117 of 148 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,973 to 1,989 of 2507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whenry View Post
    3 radius, are you suggesting that if I change my stringer than the vibration will be gone? sorry, didn't quite catch your saying
    my bad, i had a seriously painful tennis elbow last time. strung only at 26lbs on my at900t. i almost accepted the fact that i couldn't take high tension until i decided to try another stringer, 26bs also on same racquet. it was then i realised that the vibrations disappeared and so did my tennis elbow. can't really be stringer fault as both were quite famous here in bc. i can only nail it down to their different stringing patterns. fyi, now i been tensions at 28lbs. so far no pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ could it be possible that stringer A's 26 lb and stringer B's 26 lb are not the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot guys for the advice. The way I see it now:
    1. Subpar Stringer that causes vibration. I don't think so because I have elbow problem only with MX 80. I played with BS10, which many people considered stiff, BS 09, MX 60, Armortec limited, and VT 80. VT 80, which is classified very stiff, only tiring my arm not causing pain. Another argument is that my stringer is quite popular, he is sort of an official stringer when there are events, national or international in my city. And lastly, there are some people that also have elbow problem with MX 80
    2. Strong muscle. I don't do any strength building (guilty). Maybe J4ckie and meteor could elaborate more on how to do off-court training and strength building.
    3. Lower tension. I tried to lower the tension from 24-26 into 23-25, but I don't like lower tension. The feeling is difference. I think I will try again to go straight 24 lbs (without main and cross difference) with soft string.
    4. Thicker grip. I used to use thin overgrip. I'll try thick overgrip to dampen the vibration
    5. Soft string. I don't know if this is correct, with thicker string, such as BG65 (0.7 mm), you need a higher tension to yield the same result as thinner string with lower tension. I am considering BG68ti, BG 66 ultimax or nanogy 98. They all have high shock absorption rating when I saw from the yonex 2011 catalog
    6. Technique. I don't know if I have the correct technique or not, LOL. So far, there is no problem with my elbow with other rackets; my nanogy 95 at 24-26lbs lasts about 1.5-2 mo (3 rackets on my bag) and snap in the middle, indicating I hit at the right spot, however I don't know if I hit the birdie flat or a little bit slicing.

Once again, thanks a lot guys. Hopefully, I don't post on the wrong thread, it is MX 80 thread, and I want to have my MX 80 as enjoyable as my other rackets again, as well as other people who have the same elbow problem when playing with MX 80.

Cheers, Henry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think thicker strings do help because it generates a duller feeling than it's thinner string counterparts which generates better feeling, inducing more feedback to arm.

Mind you thicker strings won't help if you always mishit or hit the rim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ cillu
    I see, will try for the thicker string. Thx cillu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ could it be possible that stringer A's 26 lb and stringer B's 26 lb are not the same?
    yes, that came up in my mind but since then i have tried many other stringers, pristine new ecp victor/lining stringing machines. pretty sure they are at least within 0.5-1lbs of the actual tension specified. also, i have gone up to 28lbs, neglible vibration. most importantly, no tennis elbow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had (the second) mx80 with 66um at 25 lbs delivered yesterday and had a 3 hours club night with it.
    BG66UM on x80 is obscene! Incredible sharpness and power.
    Thanks Yonex for supplying the best string for mx80.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whenry View Post
    2. Strong muscle. I don't do any strength building (guilty). Maybe J4ckie and meteor could elaborate more on how to do off-court training and strength building.

Cheers, Henry
    Henry

Working on the forearm muscles and triceps could help.
    To unleash the power of mx80 you need a fast and short swing with powerful arm pronation - or what is referred to as "wrist power".
    There are lots of training exercises on the net (youtube), including exercises designed to help you recover from tennis and golfer elbow. In this forum I came across some great tips too. Sorry I don't have links

Have a look at Paul's armchair exercises, these are great because you can do them while getting fat on your armchair :

http://badminton-coach.co.uk/128/arm...sson-one-grip/

... and do some diggin Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My exercise involves 2 days of playing tennis

After doing this I found the 3u MX80 felt so much lighter than before and my TPro is now too light!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ meteor.

Guilty again, not did some searching first before asking questions. He he. Thanks anyway for your help.

I consider my self has more than average wrist power, judging by several types difficult drives shots I make, effortless back to back clear. I also exercise with 160g trainer racket and recently with Lee Jae Bok style which uses a head covered racket. Boy, Lee Jae Bok style is much harder than the trainer racket. May bee it is not enough training. I'll try to find specific training to lessen the tennis elbow problem.

I'm just curios if MX 80 is the caused of my elbow pain, because, I have no problems at all before with stiff rackets, such as BS10.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MX seems to transfer more of the shock than the BS. I've had the same problem, used the BS10 and got the MX - and got shoulder problems. Imop it's a racket only suited to near-pro players with good physical levels, with exceptions of course....doesn't help that I really hate the feeling of a stiff racket with soft strings, so anything below 27lbs is unthinkable for me^^
    Anyhow, do some exercises for your upper arm, as the biceps&triceps stabilize the elbow. 3 sets once or twice a week should be enough (just curls for the biceps and dumbbell extensions for the triceps)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first run with the mx80 gave me a sore shoulder and elbow due to the stiffness. 2 days later: no problem. Today i played 3 hours with the mx80 inclyding sone fierce smashing sessions and i feel no issues.

I guess its personal whether you get the elbow/shoulder and same for the duration thereof.
    Small detail, i train my arms a lot in the gym.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably have the muscle to absorb the 'regular' shock/vibration the MX transfers, and needed some time to get the timing down correctly (in the beginning, you'll usually have much more vibration because more shots are mistimed/mishit slightly).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At over 26lbs the shock is much worst... and there's ringing if you misshit.
    A very stiff shaft, stable head plus high tension means there's nothing to cusion the shock.
    The BS10 is not quite the same - not as head heavy, not the same head stability and the shaft is not as stiff... therefore gives less trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MX80 is my favourite racket. It's the best one ive ever tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I had (the second) mx80 with 66um at 25 lbs delivered yesterday and had a 3 hours club night with it.
    BG66UM on x80 is obscene! Incredible sharpness and power.
    Thanks Yonex for supplying the best string for mx80.
    Have you tried it with nanogy98 yet? IMO it's a match made in heaven.
    But gotta have it at a high tension (above 28lbs), like as someone mentioned,
    low tension on a stiff racket feels a bit funky. I'd like to try the 66UM some day
    but hear poor things about the durability. nbg98's durability and tension holding
    is excellent. Haven't snapped a set yet.